Long-distance Relationships

bruf3n

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello, I've been dating a girl for a month and it's been great. Today, though, I got an acceptance letter from a University in the Netherlands for a 6 month exchange course starting in February. (I'm from another European country)

How should I tell her that I'm intend to enroll in the exchange course and "leave her behind"? I still want to keep dating her of course.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Congratulations. I wouldn't make a big deal about it either way...that is, don't say you want to stay with her, but don't act like you're just up and leaving her. Just say this is an opportunity you're really excited about and are going to go, and she's welcome to visit because you dig spending time with her.

After all, you're only 19, it's only been a month, and it'll only be six months. I'm sure you'll meet lots of cute girls in Holland.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
It's been a month. Way too soon for anything serious discussions to take place. You can't date her since you won't be there physically. Waste of time until you are physically back in that area and then see what she is up to.

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
LDR rarely if ever work, I tried it when an ex gf moved back to Israel. It's not worth it