Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Location location location

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a friend. He is decent looking but he is about 5 foot 6 inches tall. He makes good money and has an apartment downtown DC. Overall great guy. He can easily go on a 2 - 3yr dry spell in DC. To be honest all of us can and sometimes do. Ive been telling him to move down south ( where he grew up). I said the DMV is horrible for dating.

Within 2 days in Florida he smashes a hot girl. Every time he goes to Florida he has massive success. Location is everything. Its like a collective Stockholm syndrome when we stay in states that have very competitive dating markets. You may not be wack....its often just the location. Back out West I was killing it easily. Out East it is difficult. The issue is the states where you can easily get puzzy the job markets suck.

The more industry and money in a state, the more difficult it is to get laid. This is because the hypergamous drive is alot higher in affluent states.

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a friend. He is decent looking but he is about 5 foot 6 inches tall. He makes good money and has an apartment downtown DC. Overall great guy. He can easily go on a 2 - 3yr dry spell in DC. To be honest all of us can and sometimes do. Ive been telling him to move down south ( where he grew up). I said the DMV is horrible for dating.

Within 2 days in Florida he smashes a hot girl. Every time he goes to Florida he has massive success. Location is everything. Its like a collective Stockholm syndrome when we stay in states that have very competitive dating markets. You may not be wack....its often just the location. Back out West I was killing it easily. Out East it is difficult. The issue is the states where you can easily get puzzy the job markets suck.

The more industry and money in a state, the more difficult it is to get laid. This is because the hypergamous drive is alot higher in affluent states.
I noticed that exact same thing. This is a topic I wanted to post about too, just did not have the time to get my thoughts together on it.

fenix2021

Don Juan
Reaction score
In a new space you are a tourist and approach life with a different mentality. You also give off a different aura about yourself. As a tourist you care less about perfection of places, objects or people and thus you accept more opportunities - women you would never sleep with, becoming your options because as a tourist there is never possibility of a relationship so a different set of values is your priority. Some of this happens on a subconscious level so you might go after a proverbial "10" (there is no such thing as a 10) as a tourist but not when living in your own environment because that "10" can quickly turn into a "7" when her character flows get uncovered in a relationship.

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Difficult in a city like DC? Interesting

I'm at the Jersey Shore and it doesn't seem easy.

Last edited:

characternote

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yep, i've said before that location is massively underrated.
There's all kinds of things to do with location and culture and stuff that the commmunity hasn't really scratched the surface of, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. It's like places have personalities, some of which are massively conducive to getting laid. Geographical psychology

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

if guys like James Franco have to do fake acting schools to get laid , for sure women are not as hypergamous as we like to think :)

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's like places have personalities, some of which are massively conducive to getting laid. Geographical psychology
Yes 1000%....... This is exactly what I have noticed. Its fascinating. Geographical psychology is a good way to put it.

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Yeh bro Jersey is a lot easier to get laid than DC. Dont even bother coming here. DC is like the LA of the east coast in terms of dating.

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Or maybe they are so hypergamous that even James Franco is feeling the crunch. Its a super competitive dating market. Even celebrities are having a hard time. Hilarious article bro thanks for sharing lol.
yeah , it might be the case , but in the same James Franco is one of the guys who is well rounded I would say in terms of everything

I would say that even this hypergamy is an idea that went way to the extreme

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DC is known as a tough dating environment. The bad mating environment around DC led to the rise of Roosh and Heartiste. There are a lot of SJW/careerist/feminist women in DC.

I'd rather be in Florida's mating environment than DC's. Florida is far from perfect with this. Miami is a tough environment. You definitely need Spanish fluency for living in Miami and not just for getting laid. Fort Lauderdale/West Palm Beach is less Hispanic in South Florida. You can survive without Spanish in Broward and Palm Beach Counties, but not Miami-Dade County. Orlando and Tampa are ok from what I know, which isn't much. They feel more like America than Miami.

New York City used to be good comparatively speaking to a lot of American cities but has fallen off seriously in recent years.

San Francisco, Los Angeles/Orange County, and San Diego have been bad for a long time. Dallas and Phoenix copy the Southern California pretentious elements.

There are men who can do well in one geography like @Pandora illustrates and stink in another. This is more common going from a smaller town (150k or less) to a bigger city. Moving from one large metro to another rarely solves dating problems. Guys who tend to remain the same geographical area for the first 40-50 years of their lives tend to have better dating outcomes, if the area has at least a mid-sized population. I'd call mid-sized around 150k-600k. A guy with deep social roots in a metro area of 250k will struggle less with dating than a guy with a weak social circle in an area of 5 million. Guys with deep social roots tend to be more blue pill and LTR oriented.

Last edited:

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DC is known as a tough dating environment. The bad mating environment around DC led to the rise of Roosh and Heartiste. There are a lot of SJW/careerist/feminist women in DC.

I'd rather be in Florida's mating environment than DC's. Florida is far from perfect with this. Miami is a tough environment. You definitely need Spanish fluency for living in Miami and not just for getting laid. Fort Lauderdale/West Palm Beach is less Hispanic in South Florida. You can survive without Spanish in Broward and Palm Beach Counties, but not Miami-Dade County. Orlando and Tampa are ok from what I know, which isn't much. They feel more like America than Miami.

New York City used to be good comparatively speaking to a lot of American cities but has fallen off seriously in recent years.

San Francisco, Los Angeles/Orange County, and San Diego have been bad for a long time. Dallas and Phoenix copy the Southern California pretentious elements.
maybe the problem is not with the geographical location , but with the density of hardcore career women , and high density of guys who are pussified

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

There are men who can do well in one geography like @Pandora illustrates and stink in another. This is more common going from a smaller town (150k or less) to a bigger city. Moving from one large metro to another rarely solves dating problems. Guys who tend to remain the same geographical area for the first 40-50 years of their lives tend to have better dating outcomes, if the area has at least a mid-sized population. I'd call mid-sized around 150k-600k. A guy with deep social roots in a metro area of 250k will struggle less with dating than a guy with a weak social circle in an area of 5 million. Guys with deep social roots tend to be more blue pill and LTR oriented.
Exactly right bro....very interesting breakdown of the situation. I have found the women in NY to be very extroverted and friendly. New Yorkers are not afraid to talk to people. Maybe the climate has changed since I last partied there 9 yrs ago.

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
maybe the problem is not with the geographical location , but with the density of hardcore career women , and high density of guys who are pussified
Yes I agree. The geographical location is not the issue. After all its just a place on a map. The issue is the culture of the area.

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You make a good point. DC did have the most prolific PUAs and seducers in the early 2000s. Now I see it was because of the super competitive dating market.

I would leave tomorrow but the money is in this area. But I am planning my escape soon.

DC women are just not fun. Its like all the overly SJW girls flock to DC to work for the govt or some "progressive" non profit.

True story: Me, my f buddy from NY and this Florida guy were walking down the street. I utter the phrase " that girl you met last night is down to fu@k" to my friend. This random young feminists stops us on the sidewalk and begins to explain to me how she is offended that I would talk about a woman being " down to fu#k".

I was flabbergasted. The NY girl wanted to beat the chick up. This story gets more bizarre but I will just stop here.

But in what other city will a random feminist stop you on the street for having a private convo in which you " offended her". DC is insane.

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You make a good point. DC did have the most prolific PUAs and seducers in the early 2000s. Now I see it was because of the super competitive dating market.

I would leave tomorrow but the money is in this area. But I am planning my escape soon.

DC women are just not fun. Its like all the overly SJW girls flock to DC to work for the govt or some "progressive" non profit.

True story: Me, my f buddy from NY and this Florida guy were walking down the street. I utter the phrase " that girl you met last night is down to fu@k" to my friend. This random young feminists stops us on the sidewalk and begins to explain to me how she is offended that I would talk about a woman being " down to fu#k".

I was flabbergasted. The NY girl wanted to beat the chick up. This story gets more bizarre but I will just stop here.

But in what other city will a random feminist stop you on the street for having a private convo in which you " offended her". DC is insane.
in The big cities from what I have seen and heard , most of the puas are actually feeding With the tourists or people moving there from more old school places .

then I look at people like James Franco who become desperate so he is using his fame to get some action .

this kinda makes me realize that the main problem is not necessarily where in the top % you are ( even though this is the excuses most guys tell themselves ) , but a matter of shift of the society .

For sure women do not sleep as much as most guys like to think

We guys were just imbeciles in the last couple of generations and let things go out of the control , and ended up in this situation

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
in The big cities from what I have seen and heard , most of the puas are actually feeding With the tourists or people moving there from more old school places .

then I look at people like James Franco who become desperate so he is using his fame to get some action .

this kinda makes me realize that the main problem is not necessarily where in the top % you are ( even though this is the excuses most guys tell themselves ) , but a matter of shift of the society .

For sure women do not sleep as much as most guys like to think

We guys were just imbeciles in the last couple of generations and let things go out of the control , and ended up in this situation
in The big cities from what I have seen and heard , most of the puas are actually feeding With the tourists or people moving there from more old school places
Yes this is very true. Most of my gf's in the DMV have been transplants from other parts of the country. Its very difficult to snag a girl that grew up in the area.

What do you mean shift in society? It sounds interesting. I will agree that the truly HOT girls are not smashing that much. But the middle of the pack girls are smashing a ton. They have the most status anxiety because they are not quite hot, but they are not ugly. Most of the chads are running through the 5-7/10s'.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DC did have the most prolific PUAs and seducers in the early 2000s. Now I see it was because of the super competitive dating market.
When dating environments become extremely competitive, there's more interest in seduction. Toronto grew a big PUA scene. Toronto is known for SJW/feminist women even worse than DC.

PUA has faded out a bit as now a lot of men are looking to hack the Tinder/Bumble/Hinge algorithms. All 3 of those swipe apps are big sausage fests.

Correct. Women who work in those fields are not fun at all. You focus on the women who transplant to DC as adults. Careerist, feminist women in DC are also likely to start conversations around what you do for work.

Private sector orporate drones aren't that much better. Dallas and Houston are examples of cities where a lot of women move there after college for some corporate job. Both Dallas and Houston have a lot of big corporate HQs in the region and draw in some careerist women. While the Dallas/Houston women are not as bad as DC SJWs/feminists, they can be annoying. In Dallas, they can be avoided somewhat if you avoid Bumble and avoid the women who work at the biggest companies. The bigger problem in Dallas is the pretentiousness of the not overweight, BA/BS degree + having white women.

Its very difficult to snag a girl that grew up in the area.
It is good you mentioned women who grow up in Maryland or Northern Virginia. Many have parents work in the government, are federal government contractors, or a "progressive" non-profit employees. Imagine a 25-35 year old woman whose mother was a 1970s/1980s feminist and career woman working on the DC scene. Those women exist in the DC area.

The reason that it is difficult to get women who grew up in that area is because they often tend to find themselves in relationships more frequently from their social circles. That's what happens when you are geographically fixed in the same area for the first 25-40 years of your life. That happens in most cities, even transplant heavy places like Las Vegas, Phoenix, or Dallas.

Most Western men are more pussified now. Testosterone levels are lower.

We're seeing more masculinized women and more pussified men.

DC is among the worst for this. Most major cities will be worse than the mid-sized areas (150-600k). A lot of the bigger cities are interchangeable. DC, Austin, and the whole San Francisco Bay Area are among the worst for SJW/feminist women. It's not a coincidence that feminist dating app Bumble put its HQ in Austin. San Diego, Los Angeles, and Denver have bad ratios too. The Bay Area has both San Francisco and the Aspie tech guys around San Jose.

Your geography stinks. You don't have the requisite 150k population needed to date effectively after age 25. Most of the single women near you are either in Philadelphia or New York City. Central/South Jersey isn't very conducive to dating, unless it is Seaside Heights or Point Pleasant in the summer at night.

North Jersey is a little bit better, within 30 miles or so of New York City. The population is large enough and you don't necessarily need to go into New York City to date. Hoboken and Weehawken have their own scenes. If you like Hispanic/Black women, there's always Newark/Jersey City. I hear that even Morristown has a singles scene now, which is surprising because that general area is quite suburban.

Last edited:

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When dating environments become extremely competitive, there's more interest in seduction. Toronto grew a big PUA scene. Toronto is known for SJW/feminist women even worse than DC.

PUA has faded out a bit as now a lot of men are looking to hack the Tinder/Bumble/Hinge algorithms. All 3 of those swipe apps are big sausage fests.

Correct. Women who work in those fields are not fun at all. You focus on the women who transplant to DC as adults. Careerist, feminist women in DC are also likely to start conversations around what you do for work.

Private sector orporate drones aren't that much better. Dallas and Houston are examples of cities where a lot of women move there after college for some corporate job. Both Dallas and Houston have a lot of big corporate HQs in the region and draw in some careerist women. While the Dallas/Houston women are not as bad as DC SJWs/feminists, they can be annoying. In Dallas, they can be avoided somewhat if you avoid Bumble and avoid the women who work at the biggest companies. The bigger problem in Dallas is the pretentiousness of the not overweight, BA/BS degree + having white women.

It is good you mentioned women who grow up in Maryland or Northern Virginia. Many have parents work in the government, are federal government contractors, or a "progressive" non-profit employees. Imagine a 25-35 year old woman whose mother was a 1970s/1980s feminist and career woman working on the DC scene. Those women exist in the DC area.

The reason that it is difficult to get women who grew up in that area is because they often tend to find themselves in relationships more frequently from their social circles. That's what happens when you are geographically fixed in the same area for the first 25-40 years of your life. That happens in most cities, even transplant heavy places like Las Vegas, Phoenix, or Dallas.

Most Western men are more pussified now. Testosterone levels are lower.

We're seeing more masculinized women and more pussified men.

DC is among the worst for this. Most major cities will be worse than the mid-sized areas (150-600k). A lot of the bigger cities are interchangeable. DC, Austin, and the whole San Francisco Bay Area are among the worst for SJW/feminist women. It's not a coincidence that feminist dating app Bumble put its HQ in Austin. San Diego, Los Angeles, and Denver have bad ratios too. The Bay Area has both San Francisco and the Aspie tech guys around San Jose.

Your geography stinks. You don't have the requisite 150k population needed to date effectively after age 25. Most of the single women near you are either in Philadelphia or New York City. Central/South Jersey isn't very conducive to dating, unless it is Seaside Heights or Point Pleasant in the summer at night.

North Jersey is a little bit better, within 30 miles or so of New York City. The population is large enough and you don't necessarily need to go into New York City to date. Hoboken and Weehawken have their own scenes. If you like Hispanic/Black women, there's always Newark/Jersey City. I hear that even Morristown has a singles scene now, which is surprising because that general area is quite suburban.
Well said, my thoughts exactly! Most women in my age range (29+), unless they are teachers are living in the immediate New York City/Philadelphia area.

This is the reason for my "scarcity" mindset. I can't really move since my good paying job is down here.

Hoboken is a great scene, but you better be pulling in at the minimum $75,000 a year if you want to avoid roomates.

Hoboken has beautiful women as soon as you step outside your door and the city is just across the river.

Monmouth County is a bit better (the county just north of me) since people do commute to New York City from there.

Red Bank is a miniature Hoboken.