Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

List of things that are more important than getting laid

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1.) Psychological independence and freedom from nature
2.) Respect/self-respect
3.) Family and close friends
4.) Making a lot of money
5.) Life goals

I think this is important to remind oneself of.

mjb3617

Don Juan
Reaction score
I would add living the life that you want on your terms is important as well. Never compromising on what you want to achieve in life for anyone.

Reaction score
Nah, if you’re desperate for sex, it will always be on your mind regardless of your status. Now let’s say you are having consistent sex, I’ll take 4) and 5) only lol

mjb3617

Don Juan
Reaction score
Nah, if you’re desperate for sex, it will always be on your mind regardless of your status. Now let’s say you are having consistent sex, I’ll take 4) and 5) only lol
I agree with you to an extent. However I think a true man can find the balance between taking care of his business and also pursuing sex. As long as that pursuit doesn't make him sacrifice his goals, respect, etc.

Reaction score
I agree with you to an extent. However I think a true man can find the balance between taking care of his business and also pursuing sex. As long as that pursuit doesn't make him sacrifice his goals, respect, etc.
I have met men that do have the ability to delay/suppress their sexual desires, but I do think there’s a strengths & weaknesses associated with this.

MissouriMark

Don Juan
Reaction score
What's that saying again? Bros before hoes! Women will come and go, but your friends and family will be forever. Sounds cheesy but it's true. I don't like the friends that all of a sudden ditch you when they're with someone new. It's like really dude? I understand they're all hot and heavy with the new chick, but they gotta learn to balance that sheet out. Never forget who was at your side while you were single and listened to you beetch about trying to find a decent woman, and then ditch you the minute they do. I would never do that

Reaction score
I’ve literally been screwed over by every source listed in this topic…Trust yourself first!

PRW63

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Illinois within driving distance of St Louis, Mo
2.) Respect/self-respect
5.) Life goals
I'd leave out #4. The #5 will kind of take care of that on its own. But most will never make a lot of money. Some don't want it. One of the most independently minded rough neck guys I know left the Hollywood/SoCal scene (professional entertainer) and moved away and went full blown Homesteader. He makes very little money now and is happier than he has been in years and so is his family. His kids are growing up far more well balanced with a true understanding of the world then they would ever be in some twisted SoCal school.

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

PRW63

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Illinois within driving distance of St Louis, Mo
Folks, @PRW63 @darksprezzatura
some of this is not universal. You can post your own lists.
Then it would be this if I use your example as a starting point. Life goals will take care of the "needs". I modified #1 a bit.

1.) Psychological independence and freedom from society
2.) Respect/self-respect
4.) Life goals

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Getting laid ain't important until its important to get laid...

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The feeling of getting respect from a woman feels much better than sex. A girl doesn't want to have sex with a guy who she doesn't respect.

Epimanes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I couldn't care all that much about sex.... i prefer companionship, respect and loyalty. Sex is just the outcome of the enjoyment of those said non sexual things. I'm not gunna chase my woman ... she either makes the effort or I next her.

Make my d!ck hard.. not my life. And all will be fine.

Epi

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
2.) Respect/self-respect
5.) Life goals

I think this is important to remind oneself of.
I agree with all of these, except "making a lot of money" unless money is used for what it is, a tool.

I do agree that getting "laid" should be last in any man's mind. Having that type of self-control means you are one step closer to real masculinity and self-actualization as a conscious being.

The way I usually approach this with men I coach/mentor is to think of life as a big experiment that you can easily reverse engineer. If you are able to place yourself on your deathbed and/or have the chance to talk to people that are, you will see that a lot of the things we strive for during our lifetime are intranscendental. You will quickly realize what matters in life. And believe me, getting "laid" won't be remotely in your thoughts at your deathbed.

Modern Man Advice

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I prefer to keep things simple

living the way you want and free is all you really need

Francis

Don Juan
Reaction score
Not sure if these are in order, but I'd put life goals at or near the top. One of my biggest regrets is wasting time with nonsense instead of going to college and pursuing a career earlier. 10 years back would be great.