"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Leave your door open where you work, where you live

Nicholas Hill

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 17, 2001
Messages
865
Reaction score
10
Location
Swansea, Wales, UK
Do you live in a room, or do you work in an office?

I'm amazed but not really shocked (to be honest) about the effect of having your door hinged open while you're inside. In my student house, my housemates often come into my room for a chat. One of my Computer Science lecturers who is also my friend has his office right next to the student labs. His door is also hinged open, and so I find it easy to enter his room to talk, as do other students (most of whom are asking him to come into the labs to help them with their coursework!)

If your doors are closed, people will not find it easy to come to you. You are literally closing it in their faces.

Nick
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

bfl

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 5, 2002
Messages
642
Reaction score
1
yeh thats a good tip right there
 

Skel

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 5, 2003
Messages
1,721
Reaction score
10
dont leave your door open if you live where i live :)

You will come home to an empty house
 

MVPlaya

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 13, 2003
Messages
1,298
Reaction score
8
I completely agree with you there, especially if you live in dorms. But in some neighborhoods leaving your door hinged open is a really stupid idea.
 

Jimbo2k

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 20, 2003
Messages
445
Reaction score
1
Originally posted by MVPlaya
I completely agree with you there, especially if you live in dorms. But in some neighborhoods leaving your door hinged open is a really stupid idea.
I dont think he means residential. He means small appartments, dorms, offices, cubicals...etc..basically wherever people will be walking past, can feel invited in and have a chat.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Top