Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Leadership:

Un-Aru

Don Juan
Reaction score
Aaaah... don't get yourself confused between leadership and megalomania. Effective leadership is not about having to make decisions ALL the time in EVERYTHING you do. I'm sure even George W Bush defers to his wife on domestic matters...

Reaction score
crossboss said:
I'd like to learn how to be a leader. Anyway how?
Experiance and info. You actually have to lead if you want to get good at it. Also reading books by famous/good leaders like Donald Trump, JFK, Bill Gates and George Washington. Avoid reading female stuff it isn't their nature to lead. Meaning don't vote for Hillary Clinton!

Surround youself with good people/advisors who will keep you in check.

dot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Un-Aru said:
Aaaah... don't get yourself confused between leadership and megalomania. Effective leadership is not about having to make decisions ALL the time in EVERYTHING you do. I'm sure even George W Bush defers to his wife on domestic matters...
Yeah balance is important. But I don't make all the decisions. I'm decisive, but that's doesn't mean I try to make every decision.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dot said:
...I'm more interested in social leadership, not really business oriented leadership. I know it's similar, but I can't see how they relate. And by social I mean friends, not girls....
Are you saying that you don't realize that leadership is social?

Un-Aru

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dot
...I'm more interested in social leadership, not really business oriented leadership. I know it's similar, but I can't see how they relate. And by social I mean friends, not girls....
The only difference in a business environment is that there is a formal construct put in place to tell you who your leader is. Generally that formal construct has evolved out of what has been naturally occurring in the workplace. (ie everyone goes to "Joe" for advice anyway, let's make him the manager/foreman)

Well we can surmise a few things about "Joe":
He is trusted
He knows his job and everyone elses too because of his experience
He relates well to people

It's the same in a social setting, the 3 key elements of leadership:
Trust
Status
Interpersonal skills

There's no need to elaborate on trust and interpersonal skills, they should be obvious. But status is determined by the interests of the group. For example, assuming the other 2 criteria are met, if the group was into fighting, the best/most experienced fighter would be the natural leader. If the group was into football, the best/most experienced football player would be the natural leader. If the group was into maths... you get the idea.

You want to be the "ultimate leader" - be good at everything and be knowledgeable in everything.

dot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh I see what you mean. Yeah the status I think is what's the most important, or at least what I haven't been paying attention to. I paid attention to it, I just never understood it. Very good explanation. Although I know some groups, we all share some common interests. Different people are the most knowledgeable about different things, but there's still always leaders of the group.

Francisco d'Anconia said:
Are you saying that you don't realize that leadership is social?
Nah I just wasn't seeing how business leadership had anything to do with social leadership.

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Reaction score
Here's what the Army teaches ROTC cadets:

www.fiu.edu/~armyrotc/adv_camp.htm

THE LEADERSHIP ASSESSMENT PROGRAM (LAP)

LAP is a performance based assessment used for leadership development and selection. It is based on an extensive job analysis of the leadership dimensions which are important for successful performance as a second lieutenant. The LAP provides a technology for the assessment of 16 leadership dimensions in campus or camp activity, planned or unplanned, structured or unstructured training activities. Thus, performance will be evaluated and potential can be developed in stressful and rapidly changing conditions using performance-based assessments.

a. The following sixteen (16) leadership dimensions (job critical behaviors) are used to gauge your current abilities and future potential:

1) Communications.

a) Oral Communication: The ability to express oneself effectively in individual or group situations; includes gestures and other nonverbal communication.
b) Written Communication: The skill required to express ideas clearly, in writing, using good grammatical form.
c) Oral Presentation: The ability to present ideas or tasks to an individual or group when given time for preparation; includes gestures and other nonverbal communication.

2) Personal Motivational behavior.

a) Initiative: The discipline that requires attempting to influence events to achieve goals beyond those called for; originating action; self-starting rather than passive acceptance.

3) Interpersonal behavior.

a) Sensitivity: Those actions that indicate a consideration for the feeling and needs of others.
b) Influence: The art of using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods in guiding subordinates, peers, superiors, or groups toward task accomplishment.

4) Administrative skills.

a) Planning and organizing: The ability to establish a course of action for self or others to accomplish a specific goal; planning proper assignments or personnel and appropriate allocation of resources.
b) Delegation: The ability to use subordinates effectively; the allocation of decision-making and other responsibilities to the appropriate subordinates.
c) Administrative Control: The ability to establish procedures for monitoring and regulating processes, tasks, or activities of subordinates and job activities and responsibilities; to monitor actively the results of delegated assignments or projects.

5) Decision making skills.

a) Problem Analysis: The skill required to identify a problem, secure information relevant to the problem, relate problem data from different sources, and determine possible causes of problems.
b) Judgment: The ability to develop alternative courses of action based on logical assumptions that reflect factual information.
c) Decisiveness: The readiness to make decisions renders judgments, take action or commit oneself.

6) Field skills.

a) Technical/Tactical Competence: The ability to use technical and tactical proficiency to accomplish tasks to specified standards; includes demonstrated understanding of technical information.
b) Physical Stamina: Demonstrated operational endurance under stressful situations.
c) Mission Accomplishment: Ability to complete assigned tasks according to specified standards and within time allotments.
d) Followership: Willingness to cooperate in the accomplishment of mission and exhibit high degree of teamwork and cohesion.
*bump*