Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Leadership: predictability of a leader

anonymous12345

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ve reported to some leaders that are unpredictable, and some others that give a predictable, safe, trustworthy impression. One obviously wants to be the latter kind, but on the other hand in order to lead one needs to introduce new elements or take unpopular decisions — and that costs predictability.

I’ve realised I’ve become more unpredictable and see the toll in terms of how trustworthy/safe people find me.

How do you approach this?

Reaction score
I'd say it depends on context.
Military?
Civil work?
Office?
Large or small number of subordinates?
I go with professionalism.
Pragmatism, without emotion or favouritism.
Quickest way to sabotage yourself, is by playing favourites.
If you're the supervisor, if a mistake is made, regardless of consequences, never toss your guys under the bus.
They'll never trust you again, nor will anyone else who is a witness.
Always give credit to someone who provides you with timely information.
If you take credit for a subordinate, no one will trust you, and they'll actively sabotage you at a later date.
Good luck.

anonymous12345

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
After some thinking and exchanges, here's my own answer:

I think it's about trust. In order to do your job as a leader, that is to in effect be unpredictable, you need trust. If you're trusted you got clearance/buy-in for doing those moves that are demanding for the receivers.

So, how do you get trust? I think it is by demonstrating competence and all those related aspects, and doing that can initially involve turbulence and mistrust. But once one has demonstrated that one is worthy of trust, one gets it.

So, you have to "make your mark", do a value demonstration, before things become easier.

Vantagepoint34

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
After some thinking and exchanges, here's my own answer:

I think it's about trust. In order to do your job as a leader, that is to in effect be unpredictable, you need trust. If you're trusted you got clearance/buy-in for doing those moves that are demanding for the receivers.

So, how do you get trust? I think it is by demonstrating competence and all those related aspects, and doing that can initially involve turbulence and mistrust. But once one has demonstrated that one is worthy of trust, one gets it.

So, you have to "make your mark", do a value demonstration, before things become easier.
You can't trust a leader. Check notes or past movies like death of stalin. Or let alone look up wikipedia of Leon Trotsky and see his brushes with the red Army. We're not out of the woods