Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Kanye West is an ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAYNO

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Backbreaker...

Originally posted by backbreaker
Generally speaking, as an african american in a predomaintly white co untry, I understand that I have to pretty much work twice as hard to get half as much. In business, in my personal life, in anything I want, because I understand that I will not be gettnig any handouts or any respect from white people.

I see racism all the time. It's not as bad as in the 60's but it's there. No one takes me seriously when I went to buy my car. No one took me serously when I went to look for a new house. No one damn sure took me or my company seriously when I had my own company until we showed them we knew our **** and had the numbers to back it up.

However, I don't understand why so many black people get so bent out of shape about it? Just deal with it. I mean at the end of the day, no one hung me or publicy humilated me. Who cares what a handful of iggnorant white people think? At the end of the day I still got what I wanted. You just have to deal with the hand you were dealt with. There are alot of people worst off then me, and if some of these people who are so busy standing around blaming white people for everything, maybe they could do somethign with their lifes. My EX GF, had that bad. She wanted to move from Arkansas because "everyone was racist". She treid to get a new car and no one would approve her, and she said "if I was white, I bet I could get a car". She even had the nerve to say "all white people are going to hell because they hate black people"... One day I went off on her and we didn't talk for a week, and I basically told her, and her mom who is just as bad as she is, to shut the **** up, and the reason they didn't have any real money, and the reaosn they coudln't get new things and credit cards wasn't because they were black, it was because they were so busy hating white people, you didn't notice tha tyour own credit was lower than 500.

White people don't hold black people down, black people hold black people down.

I hate to get too into it, but for instance... why do we have to hae our own Magizine? Our own TV STATION? True stroy... about a year ago, black enterprise magainze came up and wanted to interview me and my business partner, both black. Both of us quickly turned them down. When they asked why, I told them tht "I can't say I wanted to be treated equally, and then turn around and I dont' think I am good enough to be in newsweek or time magainze or anything like that" I don't think it's fair or right to have a magazine for my own race telling me how special I am because I am black and I own a company." I mean... wha tif there were a "white times" or a "White Entertainment Television".. The station or magainze wouldn't stand a chance.

Just had to get that rant off my chest. yes, white people aren't standing in line to hand things out to african americans, but it's not like theere is the KKK sitting in my lawn, threating me if I keep making money.

Here I thought you might identify with this guy:

http://www.blackchat.co.uk/theblackforum/forum34/16112.html

Sayno'

On_the_Top

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Backbreaker...

Originally posted by SAYNO

Sayno'
I have been watching this post for a while but haven't said anything why?
because, half of you all (black,white, or diarrea green) don't you know what you are talking about. A lot (not all) have just posted to ***** and moan, something that has become a daily occurance on this forum. This week race and fat chicks, last week homos, and the three spoked cycle contiunes.
In light of the PMS I did get a good laugh from all of the post (nice way show how big and bad you are with bold text.)
One point I would like to address is that the media has no aliance to any political party or anyone, (unless you count Fox and Bill Mauher to a lesser extent.) The media's sole purpose is to get your attention (by jumping on the bandwagon) so its sponsor's get your buisness and in turn they get more sponsors and $$$$.

On a final note, I'm black, grew up poor, and am paying my way through school (to address the common misconception, no they do not give us college money for just being black, now you have to be Native American or a Latino that looks like one.)

Anywho to wrap up this great thread here are some of my beliefs......humm they are kind of echoed in my sig: You believe what you believe but I could care less about you or they are, I'm just out to mind my own buisness and get my pie no matter what the cost,) and that works vice versa.

I wonder what the pissing contest will be about tomorrow?

Last edited:

Best friends? NAY

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Why is it always the federal gov't's fault? Bush declares an emergency, it is now up to the govener to call in the national guard. And why didn't the mayor have anything organized it's his damn city. There where school busses that could have been shuttling people out before this happened, but he just sat their waiting for somebody to come save him.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Backbreaker...

Sayno'
did you not read my post?

I don't visit sites like that or read magazines specefilly for black people? Why? Because it's being hypocratical. You can't demand equal rights, want equal opprotunties, but then run to an AlL Black message board to tell people your problems. Alot of people would be pissed if there was an all white board or an all white TV station or something along thoose lines.

Personally I don't hang around people who don't have enough respect for themsleves to do their own thing, rather they are white, black, whatever. I have a lot of friends, it's a mixed crowd. When I go to parties, I usually (I don't think about it, I just do) tend to go to parties that my white friends throw... Because the parties usually have more people, free drinks and more girls. When I am at home watching tV, usually it's my black friends, usually my two best friends, and whoever wants to stop by.

One point I would like to address is that the media has no aliance to any political party or anyone, (unless you count Fox and Bill Mauher to a lesser extent.) The media's sole purpose is to get your attention (by jumping on the bandwagon) so its sponsor's get your buisness and in turn they get more sponsors and $$$$.

Although that's true, in the same sense it's not. It's like Pook said when you are improving yourself... People won't like it. People tend to think of people a certain way, and when you show them they you can break that mold and become something else, like when a skinny AFC because a ripped DJ, people will do what they can to keep you down and discourage.

White America, not most, but ones that run the compaines and live in suburan counties and have little interaction with african americans, and the media does what they can to keep that perception in mind.

Unless he plays basketball, football or raps, or happens to be the secratary of state, you won't hear from him or her. Unless we kill or rape someone.

Did you know AOL's Co CEO was an African American? Of coruse not. What About Coca Cola's VP (at least last time I checked)?

There is a book called You are being lied to... you out to pick it up.

And it goes WAY farther then race.

When the entire Media, newspapers, magazines and Televisions compaines are owned by a grand total of 8-10 compaines, you can filter in and out what the public knows and what they don't know. Also you can decide the spin that goes with it. That's why I stopped watching the news a LONG time ago.

Think about it. Say you use AOL To browse the internet. Aol Is owned by Time Warner, which also owns CNN.

Am I saying I like the way things are setup in this country? I mean, they could be worse, but I'm not looking for the public to paint me in the most positive light, because as chris rock said, god forbid that some brown people become wealthy and break the mold that society thinks of them.

It's not that it's not alrady goes on... My mom makes over $150k a year selling insurance, there are thousands of smart african americans, mexicans, hispanics, asians out there that know that they have to make for themsleves, it's just that the country doesn't to the best job of getting the word out there.

The main difference i see between white people and black people is this when it comes to sucesses. White people, when they sucessed, FOR THE MOST PART, still live within reason, and instead of talking about what they have, are happy to help people understand what it takes to get where they are, usually by writing books, hosting TV shows, whatever the case may be.

Black people on the other hand can achieve their own success, but when they do, we, for the most part, are quick to show everyone else what we have, and do not make it known the dedication, sacrifice and motivation it took to get there.

Show a Kid growing up in Harlem a Bently and let him draw his own conclusions on how to go about getting it... alot of times it will have to do with selling drugs or doing something illegal... not because the kid is a bad kid, but that's his enviroment.. Just like a kid that has a dad in the NBA or the NFL is more likely to play that sport because he grew up around it.

And someone needs to get the message out that you can do more than rap, play sports or sell coke to get money if you are african american. Every black friend of mine, execpt 2, have tried to rap at one point in time. It just so happens that my two best friends are pretty gifted and they will get signed int he next year or 2 when one of them gets out of music school. I am actually throwing around the idea of starting a music company (not a record label, two totally different things) because I do like music, but I hate most of the m usic out there today. I know a grown ass man, 37 years old, still tr ying to make it in the m usic industry.. and it wouldn't be so bad if he wasn't horrible.

The point is, the media is more bias then you think. Alot more. But the thing is, if african americans didn't do the things to get us on the news, it wouldn't be anything to report.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Best friends? NAY
Why is it always the federal gov't's fault? Bush declares an emergency, it is now up to the govener to call in the national guard. And why didn't the mayor have anything organized it's his damn city. There where school busses that could have been shuttling people out before this happened, but he just sat their waiting for somebody to come save him.

THANK YOU!!!!!!:cheer:

This is the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. It's the Mayor of New Orleans job to have all of that taken care of. I live in LIttle Rock. If a Tornado came to town right now, we don't call the Federal Goverment and ask them what to do, we have our own emergency plans, becuase that's the mayors or at the worst, the governors job.

It's your damn job to let everyone in your damn city to know how serious this is. It's your job to MAKE everyone in the city leave before the storm.

He did a half ass job if I have ever seen one. Then he has the nerve to get his black ass on tv ripping the goverment. Hell, the goverment probably assumed that he had the situtation under control.. I mean, he is the damn governor.

Mississippi is flooded.. A girl I am good friends with has her grandmother flooded in her house, or at least had flooded in her house until last Friday. Know why we don't see Mississippi on TV? Because they have their **** together.

It's your damn job to make it known how freaking important the damn leeves are to your city to make sure it gets fixed.

Read this:

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/news/articles/050718/18neworleans.htm

The mayor, governor and the Red Cross knew for at least 2 years that if a CAT 3 Hurrican hit New Orleans, it could be deadly on a massive level...

Because of this, and because as the mayor, new orleans is the number one thing on your agenda, getting thoose damn leeves fixed is the First and Foremost thing you take care. Who cares about taxes in a city if there isn't a city to have taxes in ?

Bush can't go to every damn city in the US and decide what's most important for them. It's the Mayors job to tell the sentate or congress and it's the states congressmen to make sure it gets taken care of. taht's the way the political system in american works. We just don't have a dictator ship where we run to bush whenever we have a problem

I HATE bush, but it pisses even ME off to see people getting mad at bush for what's going on. It even pisses me off more to see the damn mayor going on National TV, making an ass of himself, not because he is begging for help, but he is ripping the president on national TV for a mistake He and the governor made

The Antichrist_Star

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
THANK YOU!!!!!!:cheer:

This is the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. It's the Mayor of New Orleans job to have all of that taken care of. I live in LIttle Rock. If a Tornado came to town right now, we don't call the Federal Goverment and ask them what to do, we have our own emergency plans, becuase that's the mayors or at the worst, the governors job.

It's your damn job to let everyone in your damn city to know how serious this is. It's your job to MAKE everyone in the city leave before the storm.

He did a half ass job if I have ever seen one. Then he has the nerve to get his black ass on tv ripping the goverment. Hell, the goverment probably assumed that he had the situtation under control.. I mean, he is the damn governor.

Mississippi is flooded.. A girl I am good friends with has her grandmother flooded in her house, or at least had flooded in her house until last Friday. Know why we don't see Mississippi on TV? Because they have their **** together.

It's your damn job to make it known how freaking important the damn leeves are to your city to make sure it gets fixed.

Read this:

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/news/articles/050718/18neworleans.htm

The mayor, governor and the Red Cross knew for at least 2 years that if a CAT 3 Hurrican hit New Orleans, it could be deadly on a massive level...

Because of this, and because as the mayor, new orleans is the number one thing on your agenda, getting thoose damn leeves fixed is the First and Foremost thing you take care. Who cares about taxes in a city if there isn't a city to have taxes in ?

Bush can't go to every damn city in the US and decide what's most important for them. It's the Mayors job to tell the sentate or congress and it's the states congressmen to make sure it gets taken care of. taht's the way the political system in american works. We just don't have a dictator ship where we run to bush whenever we have a problem

I HATE bush, but it pisses even ME off to see people getting mad at bush for what's going on. It even pisses me off more to see the damn mayor going on National TV, making an ass of himself, not because he is begging for help, but he is ripping the president on national TV for a mistake He and the governor made
mmhmm... :)

JaguarMike

Don Juan
Reaction score
We live in more turmoil than is reported in the media. Bad times are near. The question comes down to this, who will benefit society? Answer truthfully and all of this will make more sense as to the motives of the people talked about in this discussion.

PeoplesChamp

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by bluelemond
If someone is STUPID enough to drink and drive they deserve to die. Whereas someone who wants to make a living and feed their family and all of a sudden when they die, their life is less worthy of those who CHOSE to take a risk and drive impaired.

This is a pretty ironic statement considering it's well known Bush got a DUI before he was born again...I guess I couldn't agree with you more.:D

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Backbreaker...

god forbid that some brown people become wealthy and break the mold that society thinks of them.

It's not that it's not alrady goes on... My mom makes over $150k a year selling insurance, there are thousands of smart african americans, mexicans, hispanics, asians out there that know that they have to make for themsleves, it's just that the country doesn't to the best job of getting the word out there.

The main difference i see between white people and black people is this when it comes to sucesses. White people, when they sucessed, FOR THE MOST PART, still live within reason, and instead of talking about what they have, are happy to help people understand what it takes to get where they are, usually by writing books, hosting TV shows, whatever the case may be.

Black people on the other hand can achieve their own success, but when they do, we, for the most part, are quick to show everyone else what we have, and do not make it known the dedication, sacrifice and motivation it took to get there.

Show a Kid growing up in Harlem a Bently and let him draw his own conclusions on how to go about getting it... alot of times it will have to do with selling drugs or doing something illegal... not because the kid is a bad kid, but that's his enviroment.. Just like a kid that has a dad in the NBA or the NFL is more likely to play that sport because he grew up around it.
Another thing I've noticed is that in many cases, blacks seem to pressure other blacks to not "sell out" or "go white". I dunno, but my ex stepdad was black, and an entrepreneur, and his old "friends" accused him of selling out because he was starting businesses and on his way to success. (he ran a collection agency, and built and sold custom PCs as far back as 1996). Apparently it's not an isolated incident either.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am not a sellout. I am black and I am proud of it. However my business partner, or old business partner was a complete sellout. It's like he was ashamed of who he was. You just get to know people once you work and live with them.

I have never had anyone call me a sellout. I have a girl call me a white boy, but I think she was mad because I showed her no interest.

I have a unique abiality to communiate with everyone. I feel just as comfortable around a group of old white men as I do at a frat party, as I do at a Grambling STate Vs. Southern Football game.

SAYNO

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Backbreaker...

Originally posted by MetalFortress
Another thing I've noticed is that in many cases, blacks seem to pressure other blacks to not "sell out" or "go white". I dunno, but my ex stepdad was black, and an entrepreneur, and his old "friends" accused him of selling out because he was starting businesses and on his way to success. (he ran a collection agency, and built and sold custom PCs as far back as 1996). Apparently it's not an isolated incident either.

Originally posted by Backbreaker

I have never had anyone call me a sellout

I am calling you a sellout right now! In fact I think your an UNCLE TOM!

Check this out:

I want to share something that happened to me at work today. I work as an Accountant for a construction company. Three weeks ago, the company brought in a brother to do some temp work (welding). I saw he was a young brother with 5 children and he was trying to work, so every chance I got, I put in a good word for the brother. We even hung out one Saturday evening, but to my disappointment, the "party" he invited me to was nothing but a bunch of trailer trash, walking around singing the N word to our faces and doing drugs.

Before the evening was over, I pointed out to him that he needs to consider whether these white people who call him horrible names are his friends. I further suggested that he surround himself with Black friends and help strengthen our community. Do you know this Sambo, Uncle Tom Cracker Jack went in to work on Monday and told my boss (white man) that I was "saying bad things about white people"??!!

Of course, my boss called the temp agency and told them to send someone else. So now the brother is out of work. The sad part of this is that he actually thought he could find favor with the boss, by showing he was a good N****r and ratting out one of his own brothers. This mentality is as dangerous for us as the ghetto mindset. We see it happening everywhere- from Black people killing each other in Afrika to find favor with the whites, Bill Cosby disrespecting his own people for a few laughs from the all white audience, etc.

What are we going to do about these kinds of people? How are we ever going to do for self if we feel the only way to get ahead is to backstab our own brothers and sisters?

Sayno'

sstype

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Backbreaker...

Check this out:

I want to share something that happened to me at work today. I work as an Accountant for a construction company. Three weeks ago, the company brought in a brother to do some temp work (welding). I saw he was a young brother with 5 children and he was trying to work, so every chance I got, I put in a good word for the brother. We even hung out one Saturday evening, but to my disappointment, the "party" he invited me to was nothing but a bunch of trailer trash, walking around singing the N word to our faces and doing drugs.

Before the evening was over, I pointed out to him that he needs to consider whether these white people who call him horrible names are his friends. I further suggested that he surround himself with Black friends and help strengthen our community. Do you know this Sambo, Uncle Tom Cracker Jack went in to work on Monday and told my boss (white man) that I was "saying bad things about white people"??!!

Of course, my boss called the temp agency and told them to send someone else. So now the brother is out of work. The sad part of this is that he actually thought he could find favor with the boss, by showing he was a good N****r and ratting out one of his own brothers. This mentality is as dangerous for us as the ghetto mindset. We see it happening everywhere- from Black people killing each other in Afrika to find favor with the whites, Bill Cosby disrespecting his own people for a few laughs from the all white audience, etc.

What are we going to do about these kinds of people? How are we ever going to do for self if we feel the only way to get ahead is to backstab our own brothers and sisters?

Sayno'

Same situation happened with my dad, he is a landlord. One of his tenet, an old black man, was being taken advantage of by some white trailer trash, coming into his house, eating his food and other stuff. my mom and dad confronted him and his friends because they were threatening to sue us for my dad trying to get those people off of his property, even though that black guy saw them as guests. in the end, they reached a settlement without going to court and Wallace (old man) got $700 dollars. my mom told me that she saw wallace give money to all of his trailer trash friends.

it was even more saddening because he had the nerve to tel my parents (who are iranian, an even smaller minority than blacks in the US) that we were doing this to him because he was black.

WTF? the guy did not even have the sense to see that he was being taken advantage of from his "friends"

I know some black people that are making it big in society, but the majority of them need to get out of this victim mentality and strive to achieve prosperity. And now is the best time for them to do this with all the employers favoring a more diverse workplace!!

sstype

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
oh and that sellout mentality is the NUMBER ONE thing that blocks success for blacks. who could imagine that a group of people would actually look down on getting educated and becoming something other than a rapper or football player

The Antichrist_Star

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Backbreaker...

Originally posted by MetalFortress
It's by no way an isolated incident Metal. See, the problem with a lot of my people is that we have a 'crabs in a bucket' mentality... when one of us is on their way out of the bucket, the rest of us feel compelled to pull us down.

I have never had anyone call me a 'sellout' to my face. I, like Backbreaker, am black and very proud of that fact. I also feel just as comfortable at say a Nine Inch Nails concert (like the one I went to a few months ago) as I would in the heart of Brooklyn (where I'm from).

AS

sky

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright everyone, repeat after me:

Kanye West is only a rapper.

I knew that someone would make a thread about this. You cats care a lot more about race than you let on.

Of the handful of Katrina related threads on this site, Kanye gets his own. *smh*

This man has no political clout.

Most bush supporters don't even know who he is.

What in the blue f*ck are you worried about? A congressional hearing? An impeachment? Nobody is gonna get rid of your boy. He'll be here 'til 2008.

I'm with Wyldfire and seabreeze on this one, y'all need to pull ya skirts.

Thought this was a site for MEN.

He wasn't even REALLY talking to...*ahem*...uh, non-black americans.

He was doing the verbal equivalent of raising a black fist or a middle finger. Kanye said what a lot of black americans were thinking as soon as we heard the news and saw the pictures of devastation. He did that for us. Period. It's not about you. It's not about white people. He's talking about BUSH.

Whether it was true or not is debatable.

Bush shouldn't respond to it. He's the leader of the free world. What a rapper says shouldn't affect him at all.

tristan22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kanye West is an idiot PERIOD! What amazes me the most, is the fact that he attended college and he can't even speak the english language--only in America, only in America!

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Backbreaker...

Check this out:

Sayno'

You think I'm an uncle tom... I am going to bite my tounge and say that you are entitled to your opinion. However I will say that i know myself, and I know I am not.

Just because I don't go around screaming black power doesn't mean I am not proud of my race.

It also doesn't mean I look down on black people.

I have been on both sides of the track.

When I was really really young, I lived with my grandmother in Grantie Mountian (if you ever saw Gang Banging in little rock, that's pretty much were that was taped).

when I got older and moved back in with my mom, I lived in West little rock, the upscale part of little rock.

I understand, That most PEOPLE are the way they are, is simply because that's their envrioment and they have no one else to really set a better example.

YOu can only change people who want to change.

I made a decision when i was 16 that I was going to start my own company in High School instead of going to college. I told myself I wasn't going to be broke and I was going to make somet hing of myself.

That's pretty much the only difference between me and the prototypical poor black person.

Make no mistake, for the most part, I didn't grow up poor, but we weren't just LOADED at the same time.

Abraham Lincoln said it best... "The best way to help out the poor is not to be one of them"

By being successful, you are putting tax dollars back into the communty, black and white, because unlike most people, I want to see black people succed as well as white, as well as hispanic, etc... I am a member of the human race before anything. People are in deed people and the fact that you want someone that happens to have a skin color of yours to succed more than someone who doesn't doesn't make much sense.

lol, I have NEVER kissed anyones ass to get where i am, never will. Never had to, and if I did i wouldn't.

Just because I am pretty smart and can put a sentence together, and have an opinion other then "black power" doesn't make me an uncle tom.

"Black power" is just as racist as someone saying "white power"... how about "human power" which is what everyone should be striving for.

You know why I really don't give a damn abotu the post you posted earlier? You have these spoiled ass black people, and I don't know where in the hell they came from, who feel sorry for themselves and dont' want to do anything with their lives. They keep themselves in a box and let people dictate what they can and will do.

Look at some of our ansestors and what they had to endure. My Best friend used to date a girl who's mom was one of the little rock 9 at Central High. She told us countless stories of the bull**** they had to go though on a daily basis, just to get an education.

Jackie Robinson, hell Frank Robinson. Fredrick Douglass, Harriat Tubman, Malcom X, Martin Luther King Jr... All of these people would look down on most african americans today and shake their heads for wasting the opprotunity given to them. You know what slaves would have given to learn how to read back in the 1700-1800's? And today we go to school for FREE, have Libaries of FREE books, hundreds of thoudsands of books avaiable to every African American, even the ones in Jail, and Jadakiss said it best when he said "if you want to hide something from a black person put it in a book".

In other words what I am trying to say..I shouldn't have to tell you, what your not to distant ancestors have sacrificed. My Great Grandmother, who is 104 and believe it or not still walks around, was beaten almost to death when she was young, raped and had one of her eyes pulled out by a group of white men. I know sign language today because they beat her so bad she couldn't talk or hear. The only way you can communate with her is though sign language.

I shouldn't have to tell anyone, but espically african americans, to make something of themselves. YOu should Want to make something of themselves. It disgusts me that anyone, seriously, anyone, but more so then anything when young african americans are so egar to live in this box that the media has portrayed of us.

SAYNO

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I Liked Your Thread!

Your post could easily be misinterpeted as this:

I don't visit sites like that or read magazines specefilly for black people? Why? Because I'm an uncle tom. You can't demand equal rights, want equal opprotunties(sorry I can't spell either), but then run to an AlL Black message board to tell people your problems. Alot of people would be pissed if there aware that alot of times those small compaines are subsidaries of much larger all white entities.

Personally I don't hang around black people who don't have enough respect for themsleves to do their own thing, I'd much rather hang around whites, who like bush could give a flying f*ck about black people. I have a lot of friends, mostly white.

When I go to parties, I usually (I don't think about it, I just do) tend to go to parties that my white friends throw... Because the parties usually have more people, free drinks and more girls and cuz, I am a uncle tom. When I am at home watching tV, usually it's my black friends, usually my two best friends, and whoever wants to stop by.

One point I would like to address is that the media has no aliance(sorry us toms cant spell) to any political party or anyone, (unless you count Fox and Bill Mauher to a lesser extent.) The media's sole purpose is to get your attention (by jumping on the bandwagon) so its sponsor's get your buisness and in turn they get more sponsors and $$$$.

Although that's true, in the same sense it's not. It's like Pook said when you are improving yourself... People won't like it. People tend to think of people a certain way, and when you show them they you can break that mold and become something else, like when a skinny AFC because a ripped DJ, people will do what they can to keep you down and discourage.

White America, not most, but ones that run the compaines and live in suburan counties and have little interaction with african americans, and the media does what they can to keep that perception in mind.

Unless he plays basketball, football or raps, or happens to be the secratary of state, you won't hear from him or her. Unless we kill or rape someone.

Did you know AOL's Co CEO was an African American? Of coruse not. What About Coca Cola's VP (at least last time I checked)?

There is a book called I am an uncle tom ... you out to pick it up.

And it goes WAY farther then race.

When the entire Media, newspapers, magazines and Televisions compaines are owned by a grand total of 8-10 compaines, you can filter in and out what the public knows and what they don't know. Also you can decide the spin that goes with it. That's why I stopped thinking for myself a LONG time ago.

Think about it. Say you use AOL To browse the internet. Aol Is owned by Time Warner, which also owns CNN.

Am I saying I like the way things are setup in this country? I mean, they could be worse, but I'm not looking for the public to paint me in the most positive light, because as chris rock said, god forbid that some brown people become wealthy and break the mold that society thinks of them. hell they ill end up just like me full of self hate and unwilling to help other blacks...

It's not that it's not alrady(sic) goes on... My mom makes over $150k a year selling insurance, there are thousands of smart african americans, mexicans, hispanics, asians out there that know that they have to make for themsleves, it's just that the country doesn't to the best job of getting the word out there.

The main difference i see between white people and black people is this when it comes to sucesses. White people, when they sucessed, FOR THE MOST PART, still live within reason, and instead of talking about what they have, are happy to help people understand what it takes to get where they are, usually by writing books, hosting TV shows, whatever the case may be not to mention that they have had a 400 year head start.

Black people on the other hand can achieve their own success, but when they do, we- toms, for the most part, are quick to show everyone else what we have, and do not make it known the dedication, sacrifice and motivation it took to get there.

And someone needs to get the message out that you can do more than rap, play sports or sell coke to get money if you are african american. Every black friend of mine (I cant rap cuz im a white-boy at heart), execpt 2, have tried to rap at one point in time. It just so happens that my two best friends are pretty gifted and not ashamed of being black so they will get signed int he next year or 2 when one of them gets out of music school.

I am actually throwing around the idea of starting a music company yes, it will be straight up rock music too (not a record label, two totally different things) because I do like rock music, but I hate most of the black music out there today. I know a grown ass man, 37 years old, still tr ying to make it in the m usic industry.. and it wouldn't be so bad if he wasn't horrible.

The point is, the media is more bias then you think. Alot more. But the thing is, if african americans didn't do the things to get us on the news, it wouldn't be anything to report. [/B]

Other than that I really enjoyed it. :crackup:

Sayno'

SAYNO

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Amen brother

Originally posted by sky
Alright everyone, repeat after me:

Kanye West is only a rapper.

I knew that someone would make a thread about this. You cats care a lot more about race than you let on.

Of the handful of Katrina related threads on this site, Kanye gets his own. *smh*

This man has no political clout.

Most bush supporters don't even know who he is.

What in the blue f*ck are you worried about? A congressional hearing? An impeachment? Nobody is gonna get rid of your boy. He'll be here 'til 2008.

I'm with Wyldfire and seabreeze on this one, y'all need to pull ya skirts.

Thought this was a site for MEN.

He wasn't even REALLY talking to...*ahem*...uh, non-black americans.

He was doing the verbal equivalent of raising a black fist or a middle finger. Kanye said what a lot of black americans were thinking as soon as we heard the news and saw the pictures of devastation. He did that for us. Period. It's not about you. It's not about white people. He's talking about BUSH.

Whether it was true or not is debatable.

Bush shouldn't respond to it. He's the leader of the free world. What a rapper says shouldn't affect him at all.
Great post man, and to SSL type the biggest things hold iranians back is the fact that they come over here hating on americans.

Sayno

The Antichrist_Star

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^^^^

Or you could be just the sort of 'crab in a bucket' jackass that Backbreaker and I were alluding to earlier.

AS

Status
Not open for further replies.