Jordan Peterson view on sexual selection

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
“Women are far more intelligent than men, according to evolutionary psychology. Men rate women on a dating site with an average of nine out of ten. But it's skewed way to the left for men - 60 per cent rated as four or lower. This is because chimp females are non selective maters and human females are highly selective maters. And so even in in just instantaneous ratings of attractiveness, there's exactly sex difference.”

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He also mentions that young women are attracted to guys who display dark triads tendencies, while older women tend to be attracted to competence and generosity

I think that it has a lot of valid points in what he is saying

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He also mentions that young women are attracted to guys who display dark triads tendencies, while older women tend to be attracted to competence and generosity

That’s very true. The problem is the young women are getting knocked up by the lowest class type guys. Everything from drug dealers, drug users, not college educated, sketchy employment history, but plenty of dark triad traits. They pass on those lower genes to their kids, which is why the world is in the shape it’s in now. Take a look around society and tell me I’m wrong.

Reincarnated

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think Dr. Peterson is the greatest cultural role model of our time. Now this doesn't mean he's the smartest or most philosophical, but he lays out a reality in such a way that it's difficult to refute his points. He's done more good for young men in the last few years than just about anybody.

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That’s very true. The problem is the young women are getting knocked up by the lowest class type guys. Everything from drug dealers, drug users, not college educated, sketchy employment history, but plenty of dark triad traits. They pass on those lower genes to their kids, which is why the world is in the shape it’s in now. Take a look around society and tell me I’m wrong.
he also mentions that in terms of casual sex women are way choosier than men, while in long term context men are almost as choosy as women are

Which makes sense, I never use condom outside of a LTR because I am super afraid of knocking up someone that I would not raise a family with

for most guys I think that going for the provider role, as a way to dribble the less desirable aspects that make them not a great catch for casual sex, makes the most sense . Competence and generosity basically

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think Dr. Peterson is the greatest cultural role model of our time. Now this doesn't mean he's the smartest or most philosophical, but he lays out a reality in such a way that it's difficult to refute his points. He's done more good for young men in the last few years than just about anybody.
And to think about the impact he could have if he could be bothered to take a phucking lozenge and not sound like a dying frog.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This guy talks about self improvement, and I agree with most everything he says, but if he worked on his voice he could easily double his reach, and quickly. GOLD at 2:53:

So why doesn't he do it?

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This guy talks about self improvement, and I agree with most everything he says, but if he worked on his voice he could easily double his reach, and quickly. GOLD at 2:53:

So why doesn't he do it?
because he targets people that are interested in his ideas, not people that would listen to him solely based on his speech

If you care too much about someones tone of voice, it means that you would listen to him for the wrong reasons

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

So why doesn't he do it?

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah , he's a older dude with physical issues. Remember that dude that strolled around in a wheelchair and had to speak through a straw? He was seen as one of the smartest people alive.

I generally like JP. He has a way of having compassion with men but yet shows them facts. We will regurgitate all the cliches because he said nothing new or groundbreaking.

I do think he meant social and emotional intelligence tayher than overall intelligence. Although even the latter is debatable if yiu look at graduations rates.

Thats why we are here gentlemen; to become the absolute best version we can be. I see it all around me; women WILL respond instinctively when they see a guy that looks the part. Period . Now if that man (you??) also has the mental capacity to rise above the rest he'll become more and more of a rarity. Be rare.

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah , he's a older dude with physical issues. Remember that dude that strolled around in a wheelchair and had to speak through a straw? He was seen as one of the smartest people alive.

I generally like JP. He has a way of having compassion with men but yet shows them facts. We will regurgitate all the cliches because he said nothing new or groundbreaking.

I do think he meant social and emotional intelligence tayher than overall intelligence. Although even the latter is debatable if yiu look at graduations rates.

Thats why we are here gentlemen; to become the absolute best version we can be. I see it all around me; women WILL respond instinctively when they see a guy that looks the part. Period . Now if that man (you??) also has the mental capacity to rise above the rest he'll become more and more of a rarity. Be rare.
I think that most guys who complain a lot also are not really putting the effort in developing themselves

yeah, women can be frustrating to deal with, but the vast vast majority of guys go through this. Just that take it personally while others not really

the guy who gets rejected the most also gets laid the most. There is no silver bullet to it

ThisIsSparta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is a lot to learn from JP, dealings with women is NOT amongst it.
I am quite a fan of some of his work BUT he is the godfather of all simps.

"Man up, do the right thing, work things out, happy wife/happy life", thats him.

“Women are far more intelligent than men, according to evolutionary psychology.

Of course.... thats why everything around you was invented and built by women......... oh, wait ..........

You know why?

Because young women choose men from a point of genuine desire, looking for the guy that gives her the tingles while "older" women are looking for a beta-provider.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Did you mean to reply to me? I just thought that video was hilarious and it was in response to the other poster about his voice.

I love JP and was following him way back in 2016 when his University lectures were being uploaded on Youtube, I literally watched tens of hours of lectures over and over again.

His 2017 Toronto lectures on personality are absolutely profound and radically changed my life.

All that said I do think he misses the mark when it comes to relationships. I don't think he quite understands how delusional and entitled modern women have become. And there are other things he's said that I do disagree with; I've been following him so long that I'm at the point of distancing myself from him to some degree since at first I took everything in at face value.

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You know why?

Because young women choose men from a point of genuine desire, looking for the guy that gives her the tingles while "older" women are looking for a beta-provider.
Well, it is not about that he says on how to deal with women but more about give you some good insights on how things are

not all guys can give tingles, but this does not mean that you are screwed and you will become an incel

the older you get, the more you have to focus on the provider role. It does not mean that you have to be a simp either if you go on to this road

some guys will have it better ( always has been the case )

he does also says that by getting social dominance things will improve by a lot and that there are almost an infinite ways on how to become a niche celebrity