Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Jordan Peterson On The Emptiness Of Hook-Up Culture

firstbornunicorn

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Noticed this video yesterday, but still on watching his interviews with joe rogan.

What was he saying in a nutshell??
His general idea is that random hookups are not conducive to long term happiness and that relationships are at least 20% of your life and raising kids is another 30%. So unless you can fill your life with a great great meaning, it's not something you can simply avoid. And even in those cases it's extremely rare that it satisfies one's soul by itself.

I honestly envision some Peterson-esque awakening of manly men to stop being fuuckboys and returning to some traditional values. Like I've posted before: We complain about women riding the c0ckcarousel but are we willing to remove our c0cks from the carousel? We probably should. If the carousel lacks good d1ck they will have to find another way to ride them.

Joseph Defranza

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am a former Ben Shapiro and Daily Wire fan. I can't tell if these guys genuinely are ignorant to intersexual dynamics or they just choose to go into denial because it conflicts with their Judeo-Christian values and wouldn't go over well with their audience. But yeah trad cons like Ben annoy me more than your average plugged-in guy. Some things here:

1) No Ben. Basically the only people saying "You're a fool if you get married" are redpilled and divorced men. And anything to do with the red pill is literally the furthest thing from the mainstream. The predominant blue-pill narrative is still "get married" and it's shamelessly pushed on men by traditional conservatives like Ben and his colleagues.

2) Even though "don't get married" isn't what society tells you, he does seem to notice that some people are souring on marriage. Instead of hearing people out on why they want to avoid marriage, they stick their head in the sand and immediately blame it on hookup culture. They don't even consider for a second that those men avoiding marriage are just tired of getting screwed over.

3) The only people that "hookup culture" successfully influences are women. They used to care about their body count, now they don't. Men on the other hand, the exact opposite. My friends and I are pressured to "grow up" and find a wife. Young male virginity has tripled in the past decade, hookup culture my a*s.

4) This is a genuine question: how is male promiscuity encouraged by society? According to trad cons, the culprits are college party life and rap music. I call bs. Every show I watch now, relationships are encouraged (not that there's anything wrong with that). The only promiscuous superhero was Tony Stark for just his first movie, then he became monogamous as part of his "character growth and maturity". Same thing for Lucifer. And Bruce Wayne in the Dark Knight Rises. And Arrow.

5) I am literally in a fraternity (about to graduate next week) and I can assure you hookup culture there is not the Blue Mountain State scene that these guys think it is. Yes, everyone does care a little less about their body count in college, but they do so with the thought in their head that it's nothing more than their temporary "hoe phase" and when they're an upperclassman or graduate they'll finally "grow up and find the right person." Many of my fraternity brothers have or had girlfriends, even the biggest dbags. Here's what really happens: we go to parties/bars to have fun and get hammered. If you meet a girl there and are hitting it off, yeah you'll probably hook up if you choose. If you like her well enough, you start dating her as your official girlfriend. If not, no big deal, move on. That's it. I can't remember the last time I met any guy at college that actually told me he was just trying to hook up because "that's what brings you true happiness and fulfillment" or anything remotely close to that. Nobody had actual plans to actually avoid monogamy, they just simply didn't actively seek it out.

Joseph Defranza

Don Juan
Reaction score
I never had casual sex as an ideal but as something I settle for
Exactly.

The guys that listen to these trad cons as a result start gaslighting themselves when they hook up with a girl. "It's not in me man. I tried the whole meaningless sex thing and I just wasn't feeling it. Need to find a high-quality girl that cares about me first." That's fine I don't judge guys at all if they want a relationship, but I will kind of judge them though if they start basically apologizing to themselves for having sex with a girl. Feminine

firstbornunicorn

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That things are more dysfunctional and competitive than they were in the monogamous era
And that we are all basically operating in women's frame. If you do something because that's what hypergamy wants. Well, congrats, you're in her frame, and she knows it.

Is it:

1) men settle for women's hypergamous nature
2) women settle for men's idealistic views(bluepill)

if so, I'd choose number 2. The way it's gong it's no secret that the west will be over before you can say hypergamy.

Last edited:

Joseph Defranza

Don Juan
Reaction score
There's no amount of idealism on planet Earth that is going to conform reality to your desires though. I wish it was different but I'm going to play the ball as it lies.

I did make a post about how we should lower standards if we want a relationship though.
What exactly does "lowering standards" consist of in this context?

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
His general idea is that random hookups are not conducive to long term happiness and that relationships are at least 20% of your life and raising kids is another 30%. So unless you can fill your life with a great great meaning, it's not something you can simply avoid. And even in those cases it's extremely rare that it satisfies one's soul by itself.

I honestly envision some Peterson-esque awakening of manly men to stop being fuuckboys and returning to some traditional values. Like I've posted before: We complain about women riding the c0ckcarousel but are we willing to remove our c0cks from the carousel? We probably should. If the carousel lacks good d1ck they will have to find another way to ride them.
Isn't his daughter a gold digging hoe who left her husband for some other guy?