Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Jobs of the Future

Snatchmaster

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, I always thought that PA's were like CNA's, which is a step below LPN.

But I went to this website:

http://www.aapa.org/

and found that being PA is more like nurse practitioner, practicing medicine under a supervising doctor.

It looks like the PA program is in addition to 4 year of undergraduate work. It requires another 26 months of school on the graduate level, then you will have a master's and will need to sit for a certifying exam and have periodic annual education seminars. Essentially, MD lite.

Do you like the medical field? A friend of mine has his BA in marketing and is now studying for an MBA with a focus on healthcare management. Good money 9-5 jobs in that area.

Nocturnal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you don't know what you want to do you can always go into business because you'll be able to get jobs with all kinds of different fields and it's very broad. You should be thinking more about what jobs you can enjoy instead of what jobs will let you do your hobbies outside of work. There are plenty of places to get jobs in California so I wouldn't worry about being able to surf.

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
screw the 'fun' part.

money rules this world. without money, you are nobody. you aint ****. money=somebody. go for a job that will reward you economically. all those ****ers that say 'do what you love' are either hippy ****s, have trustfunds or are generally dumb as ****.

money walks, bull**** talks.

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Centaurion
screw the 'fun' part.

money rules this world. without money, you are nobody. you aint ****. money=somebody. go for a job that will reward you economically. all those ****ers that say 'do what you love' are either hippy ****s, have trustfunds or are generally dumb as ****.

money walks, bull**** talks.
This depresses me :(

Is that really your attitude or are you just joking?

Lost

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Nocturnal
If you don't know what you want to do you can always go into business because you'll be able to get jobs with all kinds of different fields and it's very broad. You should be thinking more about what jobs you can enjoy instead of what jobs will let you do your hobbies outside of work. There are plenty of places to get jobs in California so I wouldn't worry about being able to surf.
??
i stated the only reason i want a job is so that i can surf and travel.
why would i want to get a job thats not so boring if i couldnt surf?? makes no sense

as far as i know bachelors is just during college, not post college. and it said most PA's have atleast a Bacehlors.

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Vincent
This depresses me :(

Is that really your attitude or are you just joking?
no, im serious.

Nocturnal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lost
??
i stated the only reason i want a job is so that i can surf and travel.
why would i want to get a job thats not so boring if i couldnt surf?? makes no sense
You can surf along almost the entire west coast. There are plenty of opportunities throughout it to do virtually whatever you want.

Lost

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
what major am i supposed to get if i want to be a physicians assitent?

i know i have to get a bachelors or masters, but i dont really know what major im supposed to get and what classes to take

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
no, im serious.
I hope one day in life you find something you love, then you realize that there is more to life than money

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Vincent
I hope one day in life you find something you love, then you realize that there is more to life than money
what is 'love' going to do for me when I'm dirt poor and have to worry every single second about the next meal?

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
what is 'love' going to do for me when I'm dirt poor and have to worry every single second about the next meal?
So your love is to be a hobo?

C'mon your thinking to broad. If you do something you love, you'll make money. Like if you want to be a mechanic, archaelogist, etc, etc.

We're not here to make money, we're here to have a life.

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
like surfing......... which is why i need money.
Did you read my suggestion from eariler about opening up a surf shop?

Love surfing + need money = open surf shop.

Snatchmaster

Don Juan
Reaction score
what major am i supposed to get if i want to be a physicians assitent?

i know i have to get a bachelors or masters, but i dont really know what major im supposed to get and what classes to take
Look, go to the websiite of the PA association, look around the site for suggestions or the email address of the appropriate person to ask your question.:eek:

Lost

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Shiftkey: theres a billion surf shops. if it does work out, i still wont be making enough money to travel. altho it is anice idea.. but just not enuff money from it.

Snatch: WHat?? i dont understand what ur sayin? There are a ton of places that hire PA's...

blackbirdbeatle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I am in my last year of a double degree in entrepreneurship and innovation/accounting and I'm salivating over the opportunities when I get back from travelling.

YOu people don't understand how many opportunities there are if you are intelligent and have a sound business background. Many business owners aren't really taking their business to the next level because they are poor managers and this is in all industries.

As a class project, we had to start a business with 50.00. We ended up doing a car detailing service and in 3 weeks with 5 of us working 4 hours a day/4 days a week we made 20,000 and we weren't really trying our hardest to get customers(that and working half days). Other groups trumped us and made well over 40,000 doing things like painting and setting up a small import business but because they all had good business sense, they were able to kill the competition.

Another thing to ponder is what is going to happen when the baby boomers start retiring in a few years? Think about it. THe largest single cohort of people ever in the western world are retiring and whose going to take up those jobs? What's more think about all the successful small and medium businesses that have great potential, a good customer base and a huge market to grow in, yet the owner hasn't taken it to the next level. Now all those businesses are going to be sold to people and the smart ones are going to snatch up the many gems left and right and make a killing. You think 110k a year is good, that's nothing.

Also you don't just get out of school and get a job as a manager at MGM grand(BTW, the manager there and any other huge or 5 star resort gets hundreds of thousands a year). It takes years of ****ty work and pay and you slowly climb up to the top. I was talking to the GM of the Banff Springs Hotel in an interview and he said if he put that much work to get where he was into his own business, he would have been a millionaire many times over.

Snatchmaster

Don Juan
Reaction score
]
Snatch: WHat?? i dont understand what ur sayin? There are a ton of places that hire PA's...
What don't you understand? You were asking what you should major in or what classes you should take so you can become a PA.

What I told you is that there is an association for PA's, and they have a website. Why don't you go there and find someone who knows what you need to study if you want to be a PA?

Go to the source.;)

Lost

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
so where can i find the info (pay that I will probly get, type of hours, and the amount of schooling to get the pay i want:
for 1. physicians assistent 2. nurse 3. Pharmacist

my dad said PHARMACIST is only 2 year post college???? (and hes a doctor)