"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

I've realized that I have a problem, but I don't know what it is....

sharpshooter

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 3, 2004
Messages
275
Reaction score
4
I think the fact that I grew up spoiled but without affection is really hurting me overall. I'm a great looking guy (egotisical as **** as you can tell), built, confident, funny, and usually very positive. I've built myself up to where i'm pretty comfortable with women (complete turn around from where I was).

Grew up in a home where everything was handed to me. Material objects were always greater than love. My family showed me love through buying me things. Grandparents were "mom" and "dad" since my parents split. My uncles and aunts were like guardians as well. So I was really well taken care of, maybe too much. The ODD thing about this is that I can't remember hugging anyone from my famiy or even mentioning the word "love"

The combination of growing up spoiled and not having any real affection is like a black hole deep inside of me. Sometimes I come off as extremely cold (if i'm trying to be funny) even when i'm trying to be the opposite. It's ironic though, because i'm NOT a logical type of guy. I'm a really emotion driven/adrenaline type of person. I say what I feel, do what I feel. I don't know if anyone here can relate to what i'm trying to say. It's probably coming off as really complicated. I'm a caring guy deep down, but hugging and touching is just odd as hell to me. I always feel awkward when hugging a friend, even though I don't show it. When I see people hugging or holdings hands, I wonder how it would be. I Just wanna know if there's anyone here that knows what i'm talking about. I'm not a loner or anything like that, have tons of friends and close ones. However, I can never fully open up with them and just tell them about how I feel (about what i'm saying in this post right now). None of my friends would ever even expect me to be feeling this way, you know what I mean?
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

tristan22

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 29, 2001
Messages
662
Reaction score
0
My parent's showed me an immense amount of love and i always had the best (everything paid for college, clothes, food, car, etc). Yet the rest of my family (my sister included) treated my parents and i very badly. They took great pride in our shortcomings and failures and frowned upon our success. Although i had great loving parents, i can't rationally get over my hatred towards my other relatives.

Although my life and upbringing was quite different from yours, my rationalization is quite similar to yours. I feel my upbringing has created a lot of shortcomings in my life.

Interesting!
 

Grey Fox

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 14, 2003
Messages
545
Reaction score
14
Find beauty in your life, not the women. But things like music, literature, nature. Stop and take time to appreciate the littlest of triumphs, good luck and good twists of irony and you'll find yourself a little fuller each day.

-Grey Fox
 

Engetsu

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 3, 2002
Messages
471
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Montreal
Sorry to hear what's happening. I feel I can come off as cold when I'm trying to be funny sometimes. A way to fix that is to say it while laughing or to laugh after, even though it is said to never laugh at your own jokes..... sometimes it helps.
 

“The 22 Psychological Triggers That Make Women Chase You… Starting Tonight”

Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.

I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.

Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules.  Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.

Read more...

Top