Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I've Finally Discovered the Key to Happiness

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll keep this pretty brief! I had a thread a while back about how I finally discovered the key to confidence(self improvement.) I think I've finally discovered the key to happiness too.

I used to struggle with being miserable all the dang time. It really sucked. But I was having dinner with some friends the other day, and it finally hit me. I'm actually happy.

This is because I have been working super hard on my purpose in the last few months.

I think that a good definition of happiness is "How close am I to my goals/purpose? And am I making good progress on them?"

You need to define what you want in your purpose, your goals, fitness, school, social life, looks, dating, recreation time, etc...

And then set goals towards that and work towards it every single day. The more progress you make towards those goals, the happier you are. Happiness is like a bar that fills up the more you achieve those goals.

Every time I felt sad or unfulfilled, it was basically my brain telling me "Hey, you haven't made enough progress on this goal yet. I want more." If you feel sad, it helps to write down exactly WHY you feel sad, and what would make you happy. Then, take action steps to remedy that.

I think this is basically my key to happiness. I'd like to know what you all think as well.

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll keep this pretty brief! I had a thread a while back about how I finally discovered the key to confidence(self improvement.) I think I've finally discovered the key to happiness too.

I used to struggle with being miserable all the dang time. It really sucked. But I was having dinner with some friends the other day, and it finally hit me. I'm actually happy.

This is because I have been working super hard on my purpose in the last few months.

I think that a good definition of happiness is "How close am I to my goals/purpose? And am I making good progress on them?"

You need to define what you want in your purpose, your goals, fitness, school, social life, looks, dating, recreation time, etc...

And then set goals towards that and work towards it every single day. The more progress you make towards those goals, the happier you are. Happiness is like a bar that fills up the more you achieve those goals.

Every time I felt sad or unfulfilled, it was basically my brain telling me "Hey, you haven't made enough progress on this goal yet. I want more." If you feel sad, it helps to write down exactly WHY you feel sad, and what would make you happy. Then, take action steps to remedy that.

I think this is basically my key to happiness. I'd like to know what you all think as well.
Imo you are right, but i also think its more complicated than that.
Because there is also how you deal with obstacle, decetion, accident etc....

Personallyni find that doing things outside, physical or social will often get me back into a good mood.

Ever notice how blue collars have much less burn out or work related depression than white collar.....
There is something to it.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Read a book called The Alchemist by Paulo Coehlo. Then reread it and then reread it again. It will be one of the most profoundly life altering books you will ever come across.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Happiness should be independent of goals. The reason is when you hit a goal there will be the next one. Thus you'll never be happy. My happiness is based upon if i am doing what im suppose to be doing.

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Happiness should be independent of goals. The reason is when you hit a goal there will be the next one. Thus you'll never be happy. My happiness is based upon if i am doing what im suppose to be doing.
Imo its like the saying

Its the road not the destination.

Working towards a goal is how you get happy the goal does not matter if its important to you its good enough

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Working towards a goal is how you get happy the goal does not matter if its important to you its good enough
These are words of wisdom.

Even if the goal is something simple like knitting quilt, when you dedicate your energy towards a a goal and you see the final product, it's truly a satisfying feeling.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Even if the goal is something simple like knitting quilt, when you dedicate your energy towards a a goal and you see the final product, it's truly a satisfying feeling.
But you can and should be happy on the way to it.

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Reaction score

you just described how building and fixing things feels-satisfying. Seeing the end result/end product.

RickTheToad

Reaction score

I want to swim in a money bin like Scrooge McDuck. It keeps me going. Though, I often wonder how to clean all those coins from the germs and stuff. Don't get me started on protecting the bin from the beagle boys..

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Though, I often wonder how to clean all those coins from the germs and stuff.
All I know is my silver and gold and silver mining stock are going up right now. I've been down in the doldrums for a decade with these investments, except for gold, um you can never go wrong with highly portable gold.

Last edited:

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I want to swim in a money bin like Scrooge McDuck. It keeps me going. Though, I often wonder how to clean all those coins from the germs and stuff.
They're probably covered with Covid-19.

darksprezzatura

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is it possible for us to consider that happiness could be relative?

Any kind of happiness obtained outside of our own self, money, sex, food, drugs, materialistic pleasures can amount to some form of happiness, albeit short lasting.

Having our needs met can make us happy, in the ascension of Maslow's hierarchy of needs.

Meditation can help us observe our own thoughts without getting emotionally influenced which can lead to lasting happiness in the form of temporary gratification.

I read somewhere that during one's low times, say during times of worry, fear, regret or guilt, our thoughts are either fixated on the future or the past.

If these emotions can be observed instead of reacting to them, I believe we can be happy despite their presence.

I think that's the path towards lasting happiness.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Exactly. Additionally, your goal could be months or years away.

But if you did at least something productive/constructive today and/or avoided something bad, you should be happy about that.

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Another way to achieve happiness is actually by doing a lot of cardio like running, swimming, jump-roping etc..... the endorphins that gets pumped into your bloodstream is truly unmatched.

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Another way to achieve happiness is actually by doing a lot of cardio like running, swimming, jump-roping etc..... the endorphins that gets pumped into your bloodstream is truly unmatched.
I think this is 1 of the reason blue collar experience less depression than thier opposite.
Also this is what i would qualify as living in the present.

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is it possible for us to consider that happiness could be relative?

Any kind of happiness obtained outside of our own self, money, sex, food, drugs, materialistic pleasures can amount to some form of happiness, albeit short lasting.

Having our needs met can make us happy, in the ascension of Maslow's hierarchy of needs.

Meditation can help us observe our own thoughts without getting emotionally influenced which can lead to lasting happiness in the form of temporary gratification.

I read somewhere that during one's low times, say during times of worry, fear, regret or guilt, our thoughts are either fixated on the future or the past.

If these emotions can be observed instead of reacting to them, I believe we can be happy despite their presence.

I think that's the path towards lasting happiness.
This is stoicism

I think you are completely right about external dactor to happyness are short lived.

Ive read a study somewhere that for healthy ppl the level of happiness will always go back to a base level.

You get a new car your are happy for a short while then back to base level, you lose someone dear your are sad for a while then back to initial level.

Ofc this is for healthy individual, i also think that this is a very important for our species resilience and survival.

Seeing bad situation in a detach way and knowingnthat our happiness level will eventually get back to its base level is a great way to deal with the bad things in life

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is stoicism

I think you are completely right about external dactor to happyness are short lived.

Ive read a study somewhere that for healthy ppl the level of happiness will always go back to a base level.

You get a new car your are happy for a short while then back to base level, you lose someone dear your are sad for a while then back to initial level.

Ofc this is for healthy individual, i also think that this is a very important for our species resilience and survival.

Seeing bad situation in a detach way and knowingnthat our happiness level will eventually get back to its base level is a great way to deal with the bad things in life
Yo Lamath can you tell me more about stoicism, how you implement it into your daily life, and the benefits you get from it?

I've been very interested in this topic. I find myself very emotional sometimes and I want to be completely logical.

I've heard that 'Meditations' is an excellent book to get into

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yo Lamath can you tell me more about stoicism, how you implement it into your daily life, and the benefits you get from it?

I've been very interested in this topic. I find myself very emotional sometimes and I want to be completely logical.

I've heard that 'Meditations' is an excellent book to get into
Did not read meditation yet but its on my list for sure.

Ive read Donald Robertson how to think like a roman emperor. Mostly about Marcus Antonius. It a bit dry but there is some very good view and.mindsetnin there.

Atm im reading Ryan Holiday Obstacle is the way.
Easier and more digestable so far.

Ryan Holiday is overall very good, he was in a way a disciple of Robert Greene.
He also have a podcast called the daiy stoic.

Im no expert on the subject but its a very interesting philosophy