Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

'It can leave your self-image fractured': how hair loss hits men

BadBoy89

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Article where a 27 male fears baldness isn’t far off. He talks to experts and scientists about hopes for a hirsute future.

Article:

Hair loss can cut to the core of our identity. “When someone looks in the mirror,” she says, “often the person they see is someone they no longer recognise. It can leave your self-image fractured, dramatically changed.” The result, she adds, is often varying degrees of anxiety and depression, with men struggling with the impact of hair loss – at whatever stage – regularly too ashamed to express how they felt. In both what it symbolises and what it means in practice, hair loss can feel devastating. It’s fairly obvious why. In a world infatuated with youth, it’s no surprise younger men are concerned about a process that signifies ageing, just when we are supposed to be in our prime.

My thoughts:

Shouldn’t Sosuave then tell men “Make sure you keep all your hair, THEN you can apply the fundamentals we teach; go to the gym, dress well, get money, be social, get game, be sexual, be alpha, get friends, and be a lover of women.“

Thoughts?

RSDCharlie

Don Juan
Reaction score
Start oiling your hair alot. And not with the oils full of chemicals. Pure cold pressed ones like mustard or olive oil. Trust me helps alot.

BadBoy89

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the articles you post of late is concerning. The majority of them instil dread, angst and come from tabloid-esque sites.
They are not tabloid-sequels sites, they are regular sites, like Sosuave.

They keep pushing an overwhelming negative subtext and revolve around physical traits and their supposed limitations.
Its reality.

Whether it’s negative or positive is up for the reader to decide.
The article could positive for men; instead of focusing on nice clothes or having fun with girls or being social or joining dance class, they should be focusing on the above.

I’ve never seen articles saying “a man not having Game will leave his self image fractured and leave him with anxiety and depression” or ”a man not knowing how to dress well his self image fractured“ or ”a man not knowing how to have fun with girls will give him depression.”

Yet Sosuave hammers these and other behaviour points over and over again, while completely ignoring the physical aspects a man has.

I guess they have to to stay in business.

Stanley

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They are not tabloid-sequels sites, they are regular sites, like Sosuave.

Its reality.

Whether it’s negative or positive is up for the reader to decide.
The article could positive for men; instead of focusing on nice clothes or having fun with girls or being social or joining dance class, they should be focusing on the above.

I’ve never seen articles saying “a man not having Game will leave his self image fractured and leave him with anxiety and depression” or ”a man not knowing how to dress well his self image fractured“ or ”a man not knowing how to have fun with girls will give him depression.”

Yet Sosuave hammers these and other behaviour points over and over again, while completely ignoring the physical aspects a man has.

I guess they have to to stay in business.
What utter nonsense

Why?

Day in and day out do you post these articles? To spark discussion? to create discourse? what is the purpose in doing so? Why do you feel so inclined to consistently share these things? Are you looking for a bandwagon? Do you want others to reaffirm your beliefs? Do these 'journalist' strike a chord with you? what is it?

Because for me as the "reader" it comes across as this ongoing rhetoric on the board to hate and resent women, to make men feel as though things are hopeless, to give into defeatist attitudes, (the antithesis to what this board was founded upon mind you.) I am tired of seeing it, but maybe this is 'reality' for some of you. Maybe everything lies with the way you look and nothing else and you should just roll over and die? Because that's what is sounds like.

"Its reality"

Maybe that's your reality champ and you're just unhappy with yourself and women so you consistently post articles which reinforce your garbage mindset. But hey, enjoy your reality bud, it sounds like a swell place to be!

1681807953221.png

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My thoughts:

Shouldn’t Sosuave then tell men “Make sure you keep all your hair, THEN you can apply the fundamentals we teach; go to the gym, dress well, get money, be social, get game, be sexual, be alpha, get friends, and be a lover of women.“

Thoughts?
There is a reason why @Mike32ct talks about "height, hair, and money". Hair is a big deal.

Article where a 27 male fears baldness isn’t far off. He talks to experts and scientists about hopes for a hirsute future.

Article:

Hair loss can cut to the core of our identity. “When someone looks in the mirror,” she says, “often the person they see is someone they no longer recognise. It can leave your self-image fractured, dramatically changed.” The result, she adds, is often varying degrees of anxiety and depression, with men struggling with the impact of hair loss – at whatever stage – regularly too ashamed to express how they felt. In both what it symbolises and what it means in practice, hair loss can feel devastating. It’s fairly obvious why. In a world infatuated with youth, it’s no surprise younger men are concerned about a process that signifies ageing, just when we are supposed to be in our prime.
Hair loss is a psychologically damaging occurrence for a 27 year old male not in a long term relationship. Even men 40-55 in long term marriages have difficulty coping with it. Unattached, 40-55 year old men would struggle with that too as even they would fear not being able to attract a 'past her prime' 40 something woman with their hair loss.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Start oiling your hair alot. And not with the oils full of chemicals. Pure cold pressed ones like mustard or olive oil. Trust me helps alot.
I been using Jamaican Black Castor Oil and I'm growing baby hairs/edges, looking like a bad B with gel stuck to her head.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
About 70% of men will lose hair as they get older. And 25% of bald men see first signs of hair loss before age 21. Source: Google.

A " real man" chalks it up ,rocks a bald head and moves on. If most men go bald it sounds logical that balding is by default a male( masculine) trait, exclusively linked to being a man passed a certain age in life.

I agree with @Stanley, content like this scares away men instead of inspiring them to do better.

Last edited:

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Weak minded men will always be weak minded. If this is all it takes to "shake you to your core", you get shook a lot by pretty much anything that isn't perfect.

I started losing my hair in my early 30s and gave zero fvcks about it.

What's next, a guy "shook to his core" because he can no longer run as fast as he did in his 20s?

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Weak minded men will always be weak minded. If this is all it takes to "shake you to your core", you get shook a lot by pretty much anything that isn't perfect.

I started losing my hair in my early 30s and gave zero fvcks about it.

What's next, a guy "shook to his core" because he can no longer run as fast as he did in his 20s?
You should've seen the people "shook to the core" by common-sense prudence against experimental medication a couple of years ago.

CollegeMan22

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What utter nonsense

Why?

Day in and day out do you post these articles? To spark discussion? to create discourse? what is the purpose in doing so? Why do you feel so inclined to consistently share these things? Are you looking for a bandwagon? Do you want others to reaffirm your beliefs? Do these 'journalist' strike a chord with you? what is it?

Because for me as the "reader" it comes across as this ongoing rhetoric on the board to hate and resent women, to make men feel as though things are hopeless, to give into defeatist attitudes, (the antithesis to what this board was founded upon mind you.) I am tired of seeing it, but maybe this is 'reality' for some of you. Maybe everything lies with the way you look and nothing else and you should just roll over and die? Because that's what is sounds like.

"Its reality"

Maybe that's your reality champ and you're just unhappy with yourself and women so you consistently post articles which reinforce your garbage mindset. But hey, enjoy your reality bud, it sounds like a swell place to be!

View attachment 9989
Prime example of the type of mindset I hate to see on here.

https://www.sosuave.net/forum/thre...and-anti-self-improvement-guys-on-here.277674

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some of you incels are utterly desperate for any excuse possible to stay on the sidelines.

BadBoy89

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What utter nonsense

Why?

Because I couldn’t find any articles that say “hot girls in their 20s reward men when they improve themselves and not men who are genetically blessed.”

What do you mean why? This is what is out there for all to see. Does it hit a chord with you? Does it make you nervous? It obviously does, otherwise you wouldn't be so emotional about.

Holy cow.

You are 100% assuming and judging here. What does hair loss, or anything biological thing, have to do with hating women? Nothing in the article posted has said anything about “hating or resenting women.” Nothing I’ve posted has been misogynist. I’ve never said “men should give up.” All I have done is posted ”studies show xyz” or women say “abc” or men can’t date women because of “123”. Apparently everyone is freaking out about it.

If you all get this sensitive about this stuff, any young good looking women would make your head spin in 18 seconds.

"Its reality"

My reality? Again, all I‘ve done is posted what is out there. Now if you want to argue with me, post articles that dispute these articles, post articles that say “women like short men, women like bald men, hair loss is good for men, not being 6’1 helps men”, and then we can discuss.

It’s funny no one is has done that. They just freak out at these articles. Welcome to the real world.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys that worry about your hair remind me of a bunch of women. I've been told many times " it's so cool you shave your head, your confidence is so sexy " and this comes from girls that never dated a bald headed dude.

When other mental attributes carry the day for you, this stuff doesnt matter. Rocking the bald head is a display of confidence and women find confidence very attractive.

Don't let your insecurities amplify her insecurities. She wants to feel secure around you. A guy fretting over this stuff causes a woman to feel insecure and pull away. Be her rock, lead by example. That's what she wants.

Last edited:

RSDCharlie

Don Juan
Reaction score
I been using Jamaican Black Castor Oil and I'm growing baby hairs/edges, looking like a bad B with gel stuck to her head.
Cool. No need to use it everyday though. Use it at nights and bath when you wake up in the morning. As long as its pure its fine.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cool. No need to use it everyday though. Use it at nights and bath when you wake up in the morning. As long as its pure its fine.
I use it like 2 times a week, if that, I haven’t used it in 5 days. It’s pure, why are you saying not to overdo it or leave it in?

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm sure that the gal's dog will want to like your scalp. :rolleyes: