Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is this the normal on dating profiles you're seeing?

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
I usually wouldn't waste time posting something like this, BUT I saw a HB6.5 40 year old post this on their profile on POF. The sense of entitlement from a post wall is amazing, but I've never seen it to this lengths before.

about summergirl3030
Im looking for one person to spend forever with/marriage nothing less.
I want to be that couple that is so in love with each other from day one to the rest of our lives together. The man I don't want to live with out basically. The couple that others stop and stare and say wow...
Here's What it Should Look Like: My parents have been married for 50 yrs almost and they are still very much in love as the day they were married. My father still kisses my mom goodbye when they part ways...romantic ; )
What I want: someone to share my life with ultimately...I want to be close with someone. I am committed to everything I do in life. Until I meet the right person I want to be with, I'd rather be alone. I don't want to date someone for the sake of a date or a hook up, that doesn't lead to happiness or fulfillment. Someone that will...pleasantly keep me on my toes, care and love me til the day I die. Basically, soar with someone not drag me down.
IMPORTANT TO NOTE: IF YOU ARE STAYING ON POF AND WE ARE DATING I WONT BE SEEING YOU. IF YOU ARE A SERIAL DATER IT IS NOT GOING TO WORK EITHER! I AM LOOKING FOR A SERIOUS RELATIONSHIP AND ULTIMATELY MY HUSBAND. MAKE SURE YOUR PICS ARE UP-TO-DATE THAT YOU HAVE POSTED. HANGING OUT IS NOT DATING! Actually call/dont text! IF YOU ARE STILL IN CONTACT WITH YOUR EX YOU WONT BE A PART OF MY LIFE! I AM LOOKING FOR SOMEONE I CAN SPEND MY TIME WITH AND LIFE WITH. You don't have a girlfriend/aren't looking for a texting buddy. The only thing I am high maintenance about is being treated correctly as a lady...with values, morals and respect. Materialistic things don't go far with me. You can check your ego at the door along with any other baggage. Acting like a jerk will get you nowhere with me! I will like you if you are honest, genuine,nice, trustworthy, caring, make me a priority, treat me right, and above all totally into me ; ) I am more of a guy's girl than a girly girl. I would go anywhere/move anywhere in the world with the right person, and expect the same in return! : ) And am fortunate enough to have that luxury w my career. That being said feel free to read on : ) I want someone not set in their ways and likes to have fun/adventures still.

About me: Finished my 2nd bachelor's in Nursing May 2013. All or nothing kind of person. In a good place in my life and looking for someone to share it. I am smart, y, caring, loving, silly, and smile constantly even when things aren't going as planned. Feel physically about 21. I love doing anything athletic. I have been active my whole life and am looking for someone who shares the same pion with me. My fav. holidays are Christmas, New Years, My birthday ( it's a holiday wk.),4th of July. I drive stick/love driving, especially fast cars. I love the outdoors, the countryside anything country, wildlife, the ocean/beach! I love anything that has to do with the water, be it a lake, waterfall, stream, or ocean! I love cooking, especially for someone. I'm not a girly girl, and it doesn't take me hours to go somewhere. I don't mind getting dirty, but also clean up well and enjoy going out for a nice evening and a nice dress : ) I love being y. And while I have a very caring compionate side, I also have a very wild side as well! I am very pionate and love affection : ) I am a hopeless romantic, and want the same ; ). I'm somewhere between a true country cowgirl seeking a cowboy, surfer/beach lover, dancing and workout queen, and driven professional nurse... I grew up Lutheran, but now most identify with Buddhism/Taoism if I am to chose a religion. More spiritual than religious. I love wearing bikinis/flip flops, or a t-shirt and jeans, but like getting dressed up as well. I am not some cookie cutter mold like most people, and wouldn't want to be. I love to travel, and want someone that likes the same. I could be found sitting perched on top of a huge rock so high that the clouds have shadows (and I climbed up there), go on a zip line, jump out of an airplane with a parachute, hang ten on a surf board (I've done this and can "switch foot"), to name a few. I do appreciate staying in with the right company. And I def. need someone that can keep up with me, challenge me, teach me new things, as well as slow me down and rest when need be. I usually go until I crash : )Although I can be curled up with a good movie with the right person too! : ) I am huge into affection, and appreciate simple things in life, and try not to take anything or anyone for granted, especially thoughtful more than materialistic things: a handwritten note, holding hands, kissing, snuggling, cooking a great meal together, taking a walk, laughter, and great conversation. I am willing to try almost anything once. I love sports, especially attending sporting events. I love watching Phillies Games/Flyer's Game. I love music of all kinds, and love going to see a great band play/concert. I love animals, and am a huge dog person especially labs and goldens! Sea turtles are one of my favorite animals as well! I am not a picky eater, (but do try to keep it healthy and am into organic foods, but I love ice cream, a great beer or wine or champagne), or picky about most things really, except when it comes to the person I am sharing my time with! ;) I have a smile that could just possibly make you weak in the knees ; ) Fitness/being active is a big part of my lifestyle and should be yours as well; it shouldn't be a chore either...but i dont need you to be fanatical about it...I ran competitively for 10 yrs and hold 7 collegiate track records...I know what it means to work hard...no regrets... I cherish people close to me, but I have only a select few. My biggest flaw: I am an intense person, and take on a lot at times. I try to do everything I do well and can be inpatient, especially when it is something I want. I have a huge heart, especially for the right person. I feel with my heart instead of my head, but I don't think I'd really want to be any other way! I am not into games or any other shenanigans! I look better in person too!
About you: Totally available! No addictions of any kind! Stable: mentally, emotionally, financially, spiritually, dont snore, take care of yourself and me and put me ahead of your family. Trust and committment are number one on my list of qualities about you! You know how to stand on your own two feet and fully support yourself! You have a great head on your shoulders. Genuinely a nice guy (truly!), def. need someone laid back personality,self-less, well-educated, have book smarts and common sense in equal proportion, driven professionally, don't have tattoos/piercings (turn-off), have a great head of hair, don't settle, but also have a playful side.

conversation starters

Drinks or coffee, go for a walk, anything athletic; see if there is a connection. Start out as friends first, take it from there because ultimately I want to marry my best friend ; )

***Disclosure: No guys, only men that have their life together, emotionally, physically, and spiritually, and career-wise...no men with wives, engaged, or gf''s, or players, or criminals or do drugs!" I am 5'' 8 and a half flatfooted, so I expect you to be 5'' 9+ Only looking for someone to marry, not dating around...After date one if you are still on pof and or talking to other women there won''t be a 2nd date. If you treat people and things poorly, I am not interested at all! Period. I am not interested in being with someone more than an hr. away. It doesn''t work. Nor does not having much time. I couldn''t be with anyone stuck anywhere, unless we''re living in absolute paradise. It''s a deal breaker!

I don''t want texts, I want a phone call, to be spoken to and have a real conversation. If you can''t do that consider it over before it begins! I am not into this emailing back and forth constantly stuff. I''m looking to meet someone worth marrying, not a texting or emailing buddy. Not willing to play the "numbers" game either...looking for one person only. Not sure about the whole kids thing...I could go either way on that doesn''t make or break me...I''d really rather just travel the world with someone and be in love forever! : )

I want the kind of thing that Hunter Hayes says "I want to make you feel wanted."-Beyond that no one is really worth it honestly.

[/quote]

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I checked out POF again recently, and it's a complete dumpster fire even compared to the dumpster fire it was before. Every trash/demanding girl on there has the ability to go onto one of the other swipe apps and get tons of matches and conversations. Most of the guys on pof would get c0ckblocked by the matching requirement to message were they to be on an app that requires matching. Or they are there because they're broke and can't afford Tinder Gold or whatever. So a lot of the guys are stuck there because it's the only place they can freely send messages. The "women" are not, so it's only gotten worse.

The profile the OP is showing us is a bad as I've ever seen, but the milder versions of it seem to be more frequent.

"I want the kind of thing that Hunter Hayes says "I want to make you feel wanted."-Beyond that no one is really worth it honestly."

The last sentence of the quote is quite telling. Most girls on POF, more than ever, are there to troll with the off-off-chance of finding their "prince charming". But the guys whom they think are "the one" end up not being able to stand them, so the cycle continues with their frustrations being taken out on the dudes who are on the site, many of whom think it's still worth gaming (as if it still was 2015) and who end up going "wtf?"

It's worth noting that guys who are used to being in a bad dating situation and lowered standards (no offense to the OP) are stunned by the insanity.

Last edited:

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
I checked out POF again recently, and it's a complete dumpster fire even compared to the dumpster fire it was before. Every trash/demanding girl on there has the ability to go onto one of the other swipe apps and get tons of matches and conversations. Most of the guys on pof would get c0ckblocked by the matching requirement to message were they to be on an app that requires matching. Or they are there because they're broke and can't afford Tinder Gold or whatever. So a lot of the guys are stuck there because it's the only place they can freely send messages. The "women" are not, so it's only gotten worse.

The profile the OP is showing us is a bad as I've ever seen, but the milder versions of it seem to be more frequent.

"I want the kind of thing that Hunter Hayes says "I want to make you feel wanted."-Beyond that no one is really worth it honestly."

The last sentence of the quote is quite telling. Most girls on POF, more than ever, are there to troll with the off-off-chance of finding their "prince charming". But the guys whom they think are "the one" end up not being able to stand them, so the cycle continues with their frustrations being taken out on the dudes who are on the site, many of whom think it's still worth gaming (as if it still was 2015) and who end up going "wtf?"

It's worth noting that guys who are used to being in a bad dating situation and lowered standards (no offense to the OP) are stunned by the insanity.
Forgot to add Match too. I've seen profiles similar to this one on Match from time to time too. Usually HB 6.5 and in their 40s. Match is nearly as bad as POF now except a tad more decent looking girls. Still nothing spectacular.

These dating sites the last 2 or so years have become trash like this.

jimwho

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry op Tldr, but I get the gist of it. I just moved to the Midwest in a small town. I'm old and girls near my age from what I see are completely undesirable. (Sorry for floating my boat) but I think I'm the only in shape old guy here.

So I'm on Match, but don't pay $. These old wore out chicks still act like they are something to behold. It's actually shocking. I replied to two just for fun. 1st one won't date you if you like "Vanilla":oops: I said I wanted to ask you out
But I'm not throwing out my icecream. 2nd one likes to get up in the morning and take long walks on the beach. I said the beach is a 1000 miles away can we walk down a country road?

Even old ladies are picky, you should read the ramblings its actually entertaining.

Last edited:

theironlion

Don Juan
Reaction score
There is no such thing as a 6.5 40 year old.
Unless she's amy adams, and even amy adams doesn't look like amy adams in real life

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I usually wouldn't waste time posting something like this, BUT I saw a HB6.5 40 year old post this on their profile on POF. The sense of entitlement from a post wall is amazing, but I've never seen it to this lengths before.

about summergirl3030
Im looking for one person to spend forever with/marriage nothing less.
I want to be that couple that is so in love with each other from day one to the rest of our lives together. The man I don't want to live with out basically. The couple that others stop and stare and say wow...
Here's What it Should Look Like: My parents have been married for 50 yrs almost and they are still very much in love as the day they were married. My father still kisses my mom goodbye when they part ways...romantic ; )
What I want: someone to share my life with ultimately...I want to be close with someone. I am committed to everything I do in life. Until I meet the right person I want to be with, I'd rather be alone. I don't want to date someone for the sake of a date or a hook up, that doesn't lead to happiness or fulfillment. Someone that will...pleasantly keep me on my toes, care and love me til the day I die. Basically, soar with someone not drag me down.
IMPORTANT TO NOTE: IF YOU ARE STAYING ON POF AND WE ARE DATING I WONT BE SEEING YOU. IF YOU ARE A SERIAL DATER IT IS NOT GOING TO WORK EITHER! I AM LOOKING FOR A SERIOUS RELATIONSHIP AND ULTIMATELY MY HUSBAND. MAKE SURE YOUR PICS ARE UP-TO-DATE THAT YOU HAVE POSTED. HANGING OUT IS NOT DATING! Actually call/dont text! IF YOU ARE STILL IN CONTACT WITH YOUR EX YOU WONT BE A PART OF MY LIFE! I AM LOOKING FOR SOMEONE I CAN SPEND MY TIME WITH AND LIFE WITH. You don't have a girlfriend/aren't looking for a texting buddy. The only thing I am high maintenance about is being treated correctly as a lady...with values, morals and respect. Materialistic things don't go far with me. You can check your ego at the door along with any other baggage. Acting like a jerk will get you nowhere with me! I will like you if you are honest, genuine,nice, trustworthy, caring, make me a priority, treat me right, and above all totally into me ; ) I am more of a guy's girl than a girly girl. I would go anywhere/move anywhere in the world with the right person, and expect the same in return! : ) And am fortunate enough to have that luxury w my career. That being said feel free to read on : ) I want someone not set in their ways and likes to have fun/adventures still.

About me: Finished my 2nd bachelor's in Nursing May 2013. All or nothing kind of person. In a good place in my life and looking for someone to share it. I am smart, y, caring, loving, silly, and smile constantly even when things aren't going as planned. Feel physically about 21. I love doing anything athletic. I have been active my whole life and am looking for someone who shares the same pion with me. My fav. holidays are Christmas, New Years, My birthday ( it's a holiday wk.),4th of July. I drive stick/love driving, especially fast cars. I love the outdoors, the countryside anything country, wildlife, the ocean/beach! I love anything that has to do with the water, be it a lake, waterfall, stream, or ocean! I love cooking, especially for someone. I'm not a girly girl, and it doesn't take me hours to go somewhere. I don't mind getting dirty, but also clean up well and enjoy going out for a nice evening and a nice dress : ) I love being y. And while I have a very caring compionate side, I also have a very wild side as well! I am very pionate and love affection : ) I am a hopeless romantic, and want the same ; ). I'm somewhere between a true country cowgirl seeking a cowboy, surfer/beach lover, dancing and workout queen, and driven professional nurse... I grew up Lutheran, but now most identify with Buddhism/Taoism if I am to chose a religion. More spiritual than religious. I love wearing bikinis/flip flops, or a t-shirt and jeans, but like getting dressed up as well. I am not some cookie cutter mold like most people, and wouldn't want to be. I love to travel, and want someone that likes the same. I could be found sitting perched on top of a huge rock so high that the clouds have shadows (and I climbed up there), go on a zip line, jump out of an airplane with a parachute, hang ten on a surf board (I've done this and can "switch foot"), to name a few. I do appreciate staying in with the right company. And I def. need someone that can keep up with me, challenge me, teach me new things, as well as slow me down and rest when need be. I usually go until I crash : )Although I can be curled up with a good movie with the right person too! : ) I am huge into affection, and appreciate simple things in life, and try not to take anything or anyone for granted, especially thoughtful more than materialistic things: a handwritten note, holding hands, kissing, snuggling, cooking a great meal together, taking a walk, laughter, and great conversation. I am willing to try almost anything once. I love sports, especially attending sporting events. I love watching Phillies Games/Flyer's Game. I love music of all kinds, and love going to see a great band play/concert. I love animals, and am a huge dog person especially labs and goldens! Sea turtles are one of my favorite animals as well! I am not a picky eater, (but do try to keep it healthy and am into organic foods, but I love ice cream, a great beer or wine or champagne), or picky about most things really, except when it comes to the person I am sharing my time with! ;) I have a smile that could just possibly make you weak in the knees ; ) Fitness/being active is a big part of my lifestyle and should be yours as well; it shouldn't be a chore either...but i dont need you to be fanatical about it...I ran competitively for 10 yrs and hold 7 collegiate track records...I know what it means to work hard...no regrets... I cherish people close to me, but I have only a select few. My biggest flaw: I am an intense person, and take on a lot at times. I try to do everything I do well and can be inpatient, especially when it is something I want. I have a huge heart, especially for the right person. I feel with my heart instead of my head, but I don't think I'd really want to be any other way! I am not into games or any other shenanigans! I look better in person too!
About you: Totally available! No addictions of any kind! Stable: mentally, emotionally, financially, spiritually, dont snore, take care of yourself and me and put me ahead of your family. Trust and committment are number one on my list of qualities about you! You know how to stand on your own two feet and fully support yourself! You have a great head on your shoulders. Genuinely a nice guy (truly!), def. need someone laid back personality,self-less, well-educated, have book smarts and common sense in equal proportion, driven professionally, don't have tattoos/piercings (turn-off), have a great head of hair, don't settle, but also have a playful side.

conversation starters

Drinks or coffee, go for a walk, anything athletic; see if there is a connection. Start out as friends first, take it from there because ultimately I want to marry my best friend ; )

***Disclosure: No guys, only men that have their life together, emotionally, physically, and spiritually, and career-wise...no men with wives, engaged, or gf''s, or players, or criminals or do drugs!" I am 5'' 8 and a half flatfooted, so I expect you to be 5'' 9+ Only looking for someone to marry, not dating around...After date one if you are still on pof and or talking to other women there won''t be a 2nd date. If you treat people and things poorly, I am not interested at all! Period. I am not interested in being with someone more than an hr. away. It doesn''t work. Nor does not having much time. I couldn''t be with anyone stuck anywhere, unless we''re living in absolute paradise. It''s a deal breaker!

I don''t want texts, I want a phone call, to be spoken to and have a real conversation. If you can''t do that consider it over before it begins! I am not into this emailing back and forth constantly stuff. I''m looking to meet someone worth marrying, not a texting or emailing buddy. Not willing to play the "numbers" game either...looking for one person only. Not sure about the whole kids thing...I could go either way on that doesn''t make or break me...I''d really rather just travel the world with someone and be in love forever! : )

I want the kind of thing that Hunter Hayes says "I want to make you feel wanted."-Beyond that no one is really worth it honestly.
[/QUOTE]

If I see more than 3 lines of text I just swipe left without reading any of it.

MissouriMark

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was on and off POF for about 9 years and I noticed over that time, that I would see the EXACT same profiles with the EXACT same pictures and summaries during that entire time. And the funny thing was, these women were ALWAYS active like they were on there every day for about a decade but never updated anything about their profile or pictures. Probably wouldn't even recognize them in person.

No one wants to read a book about someone's life story, but the women that would actually have some substance in their profile, I would pick something specific out and make a comment about it in a kocky and funny kind of a way, to first off prove that I took a moment to actually read their profile, and second to set myself apart from all the other guys that said the usual openers.

Word to the wise though, DON'T drink and message women unless you want to get a good laugh the next day when the responses come in, and you either don't remember messaging that particular person, or you don't even remember what you said to them especially if it was something kinda smart ass!! Good times!