Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is this how easy it was in the 80's?

Medina

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It turns out my wifes estranged father (a 5"3 ginger manlet) has children from different women all over the country

I am struggling to see this in 2020. 5"3 ginger manlets would be lucky to bang even one landwhale today

Yet my wife's mother was rather attractive judging by old photographs and he managed to knock her up and many others too

Pre-Tinder sounds like easy mode

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
30 yrs ago many guys that live an unlimited dry spell would have had easily a gf as much as many women that know can pick guys would have been thrown in the trash.

Only 15 yrs ago over inked monsters would have been avoided like the plague while everyday normal guys with a decent job would have get attention from average women.

Those who were old enough mid 00s can confirm it was a different world.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It was also easier to fvck drunk unconscious chicks back then too, in that we as a society didn't consider that rape. Some of those kids might have come from such encounters.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I lost my virginity in 1986 and I could've lost it way sooner if I wasn't so beta back then. LOL
I'm positive I was beta as $hit and clueless about gals but I still manage to get laid a decent amount all the way up to my late 20's.

I'd say the advent of smartphones and all this feminism rhetoric is what killed things.

So yes, 80's were easy. There was **** in school like Turn About Dances(guaranteed lays) where the girls ask the guys out to a dance. Not sure if those exists these days anymore...

Also any girl into heavy metal music were easy lays no matter how nerdy or beta you were. You just had to dress the part and like the music. LOL

TonyTenner

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's mostly down to women going to Uni. 65% of grads are female. Hypergamy does not allow them to date down. The 5'3 manlet carpenters of the 80's had their pick of women who were happy to graduate school and wait for a man. Nowadays, the market tradesmen have to pick from has shrunk drastically.

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It turns out my wifes estranged father (a 5"3 ginger manlet) has children from different women all over the country

I am struggling to see this in 2020. 5"3 ginger manlets would be lucky to bang even one landwhale today

Yet my wife's mother was rather attractive judging by old photographs and he managed to knock her up and many others too

Pre-Tinder sounds like easy mode
easiest way to get laid is sell her the beta boy, LTR.......that she can control

women dont want anything to do with alpha relationships , when the whole of society worships her every move.

I noticed women would bail on me like mad when they found out i had boundaries, then they would try and hook up with me on the side.

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The 80's rocked--literally. Not nearly as many soy boys and hyper-sensitive girly "men" that are commonplace now.

No dating apps meant if you wanted a date you had to physically approach a girl and ask her out, I doubt 5% of men today under 40 could pull it off having become so over-reliant on technology and lacking social skills and balls. Not trying to be mean, but I've lived and dated in both eras and it's the truth.

Honestly not sure if it was "easier" to date back then as you had less to choose from (no apps) and the women you cold or even warm approached may be in LTRs or even married. You never knew until you tried. But the spoils went to the charismatic, engaging, and confident guy. No one could hide behind their phone or PC. So maybe 5'3 ginger man OP is talking about actually had some game. I did know guys in the 80's and 90's that were short and unattractive that still did ok because they had balls and game.

I'll add the rock/metal music of the 80's will never be duplicated and much of it is revered today: Metallica, GNR, Motley Crue, Dokken, Bon Jovi, Ratt, Judas Priest, Ozzy, Aerosmith, Cinderella, etc., etc. Lots of well-known pop stars but hip hop and rap were barely on the map.

Last edited:

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's mostly down to women going to Uni. 65% of grads are female. Hypergamy does not allow them to date down. The 5'3 manlet carpenters of the 80's had their pick of women who were happy to graduate school and wait for a man. Nowadays, the market tradesmen have to pick from has shrunk drastically.
Dumb women dont even realize that a professional electrician has a much higher and sure income than most teachers and employees yet since he works with "his hands" they think he is dumber than the others.

They dont realize that if he fails to properly plan and realize a system its one big mess unlike a wrong document that can be reprinted.

I think about my case, two degrees yet have no job since march and probably will get it back in september while most idraulics and electricians kept working with no break.
Thank god I have lots of saving otherwise it would have be a problem.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Those who were old enough mid 00s can confirm it was a different world.
I can confirm. I'll share some 2003-2006 experiences.

In 2004, I turned 21. About 2 weeks before turning 21, I broke it off with a woman who had some personality defects. I can confirm that in 2004, women were more receptive to bar approaches. There was this one place I went that had a big dance floor. In those days, you could approach a woman on the dance floor, rub your crotch into her crotch on the dance floor facing her or sometimes from behind after she's seen your face, get a makeout on the dance floor, escalate throughout the night, go back to someone's place and have sex. While this happened to me in the mid-2000s, it never once happened to me in the 2010s. I also didn't go to a lot of those types of places in the 2010s because fewer of them existed.

At bars without dance floors in 2004-06, you were more likely to get a woman's undivided attention since her cell phone then was rather basic and mostly good for phone calls. There was not much texting. There were no smartphones, therefore there were no apps. More women were in the moment.

Dating websites were fairly mainstream in 2003-06. Match.com launched in 1995 and was well established by then. Same could be said for eHarmony. OkCupid started in 2004, and PlentyofFish was around then. Women still were getting messaged a lot online, but even that got worse by 2008-2012.

In like 2004-05, it was possible to message a woman on MySpace and set up a date. If you were in college in 2004-05, you could do some early Facebook stalking and come up with something.

Because of less technology in general, people were more present when you met them in person, whether you met them at a bar, through a mutual social group, out walking/hiking, etc. I did not do as much day game in 2003-06 era as in the 2010s, so I can't really compare. Night game was a big avenue for me in the mid-2000s.

First dates were also better in the mid-2000s. Since women were pursued less (fewer were using dating websites, which weren't as bad as apps would later become), they didn't have sky high expectations for every first date. The threshold for getting a 2nd date was lower in the mid-2000s than it would be by the 2nd half of the 2010s. The same date in 2005 as compared to 2018 would have different outcomes. A reasonably good date in 2005 would get you a 2nd date in 2005. A date that was reasonably good but fell short of all the magical rainbows and unicorns would get you a ghosting or a candy asssed text message of "I had a good time but I do not see this going anywhere" by the second half of the 2010s.

The 80's rocked--literally. Not nearly as many soy boys and hyper-sensitive girly "men" that are commonplace now.

No dating apps meant if you wanted a date you had to physically approach a girl and ask her out, I doubt 5% of men today under 40 could pull it off having become so over-reliant on technology and lacking social skills and balls. Not trying to be mean, but I've lived and dated in both eras and it's the truth.

Honestly not sure if it was "easier" to date back then as you had less to choose from (no apps) and the women you cold or even warm approached may be in LTRs or even married. You never knew until you tried.
I've sometimes been surprised about men and approaching. I've approached women at fitness classes on and off for nearly a decade and seen very few men do that. I've rarely observed other men doing grocery store approaches like I've done over the years. I'm 37, so I'm in that under 40 group. Approaching strangers in public is somewhat of a fading art in the Millennial (1982-1996) generation. I don't see it rebounding much, if at all, with Gen Z (1997-early 2010s). The oldest Gen Z's are now eligible to go to bars and are now dating as adults.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can confirm. I'll share some 2003-2006 experiences.

In 2004, I turned 21. About 2 weeks before turning 21, I broke it off with a woman who had some personality defects. I can confirm that in 2004, women were more receptive to bar approaches. There was this one place I went that had a big dance floor. In those days, you could approach a woman on the dance floor, rub your crotch into her crotch on the dance floor facing her or sometimes from behind after she's seen your face, get a makeout on the dance floor, escalate throughout the night, go back to someone's place and have sex. While this happened to me in the mid-2000s, it never once happened to me in the 2010s. I also didn't go to a lot of those types of places in the 2010s because fewer of them existed.

At bars without dance floors in 2004-06, you were more likely to get a woman's undivided attention since her cell phone then was rather basic and mostly good for phone calls. There was not much texting. There were no smartphones, therefore there were no apps. More women were in the moment.

Dating websites were fairly mainstream in 2003-06. Match.com launched in 1995 and was well established by then. Same could be said for eHarmony. OkCupid started in 2004, and PlentyofFish was around then. Women still were getting messaged a lot online, but even that got worse by 2008-2012.

In like 2004-05, it was possible to message a woman on MySpace and set up a date. If you were in college in 2004-05, you could do some early Facebook stalking and come up with something.

Because of less technology in general, people were more present when you met them in person, whether you met them at a bar, through a mutual social group, out walking/hiking, etc. I did not do as much day game in 2003-06 era as in the 2010s, so I can't really compare. Night game was a big avenue for me in the mid-2000s.

First dates were also better in the mid-2000s. Since women were pursued less (fewer were using dating websites, which weren't as bad as apps would later become), they didn't have sky high expectations for every first date. The threshold for getting a 2nd date was lower in the mid-2000s than it would be by the 2nd half of the 2010s. The same date in 2005 as compared to 2018 would have different outcomes. A reasonably good date in 2005 would get you a 2nd date in 2005. A date that was reasonably good but fell short of all the magical rainbows and unicorns would get you a ghosting or a candy asssed text message of "I had a good time but I do not see this going anywhere" by the second half of the 2010s.

I've sometimes been surprised about men and approaching. I've approached women at fitness classes on and off for nearly a decade and seen very few men do that. I've rarely observed other men doing grocery store approaches like I've done over the years. I'm 37, so I'm in that under 40 group. Approaching strangers in public is somewhat of a fading art in the Millennial (1982-1996) generation. I don't see it rebounding much, if at all, with Gen Z (1997-early 2010s). The oldest Gen Z's are now eligible to go to bars and are now dating as adults.
Agree on everything especially having the undivided attention of girls during a date.

Women knew that time and effort from men werent free, also the fact that cellphones were useful to communicate with people you were already dealing with and not devices to get attention from random people sometime even without the desire to actually talk with them.

The mess came with smartphones, picture based social networks, portable internet and availability of top % to women everywhere.

Before that a middle class, average beauty woman had no change to hit exclusive places where top guys were, average women were mostly dating average men.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm waiting for some hardcore geek incel to really get frustrated at females and create an EMP bomb that can wipe out the internet or smartphone telecommunications so that we can get back to 80's style dating again. LOL

Tilex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not sure if it was easier.
It all depended on where you lived.
Funny how I'm still talking about the importance of location from 1980-2020

If people lived in rural areas, I'm guessing most couples met each other through work, church, volunteering programs, or through their cousins.

But if you lived in a bustling metropolitan area, you had it made!
No one had internet from the 80's and most of the 90's
Everyone went to bars, clubs, concerts, or house parties back then.
Literally no one stayed at home.

Btw, many people used classifieds for finding dates back then.
This was before Craigslist, so just imagine a daily newspaper version of Craigslist.

Last edited:

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Another thing I'll say about the 80's is you had WAY less fatties back then. Majority of women were skinny back then and there was enough of the pie to go around to most males. So more even distribution instead of a lot of guys fighting for the top % skinny gals like you have today.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Agree on everything especially having the undivided attention of girls during a date.

Women knew that time and effort from men werent free, also the fact that cellphones were useful to communicate with people you were already dealing with and not devices to get attention from random people sometime even without the desire to actually talk with them.

The mess came with smartphones, picture based social networks, portable internet and availability of top % to women everywhere.

Before that a middle class, average beauty woman had no change to hit exclusive places where top guys were, average women were mostly dating average men.
In the mid-2000s, a middle class, average looking woman could go to bars/nightclubs where top guys tended to congregate. However, the elite looking women would be there and it would be more difficult for them to stand out.

In that era, some women could look to increase interest on dating websites, but dating website participation required more effort in that time than swipe apps that would later be available. Men dating down was a thing on websites in the mid-2000s. There was male thirst on dating websites in the mid-2000s. Women were getting a fair amount of messages then if they chose to participate on the dating websites, but even that got worse 2008-2012.

Agree that smartphones and picture based social networks taking off really changed things. MySpace was a thing in 2004-06, but nothing like Instagram now. Facebook was still a college social network until September 2006, when it opened to the public. The first iPhone hit the market in July 2007.

The bar game was better in 2004-06 than post 2010.

Another thing I'll say is that women were also better at body language signaling in 2004-06 than post 2010. I moved to a new city as an unattached guy in 2011 at age 28, and I met a guy who was solid at pickup and a few years younger. Since I came up and was trained to look at it body language, I found this very frustrating in the new city. He told me that he did more approaches without getting any positive body language since women were often too absorbed in their smartphones to give good body language. That trend I first noticed in 2011 is still evident today. I got more positive body language in my early 20s in the mid-2000s then I have gotten 2011-present, when I am supposedly near peak SMV.

Another thing I'll say about the 80's is you had WAY less fatties back then. Majority of women were skinny back then and there was enough of the pie to go around to most males. So more even distribution instead of a lot of guys fighting for the top % skinny gals like you have today.
True!!

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Was there ever an incel back then? Maybe known as a nerd possibly back then?
There were but they were individual that clearly had obvious problems from lack of persona hygiene to real and clear mental problems.

Being short, chubby or bald was a malus but it wasnt a death sentence if coming togheter.

The guys failing with women were the same ones that failed in socializing or being self sufficient, there were no decent guys of average look living dry spells of years.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There were but they were individual that clearly had obvious problems from lack of persona hygiene to real and clear mental problems.

Being short, chubby or bald was a malus but it wasnt a death sentence if coming togheter.

The guys failing with women were the same ones that failed in socializing or being self sufficient, there were no decent guys of average look living dry spells of years.
28% of men ages 18-29 had no sex in 2018. 28% of men do not suffer from lack of personal hygiene and clear mental problems. Among 18-29 year olds in 2018, I bet that number would go to 40% or so if you included men who had sex on 15 days or less in 2018, which is around once or month or less. 18-29 year olds are supposed to be men in their primes.

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Used to be the opposite, they used to want to try to capture the alpha. I can never tell how much of that is just me getting older vs just societal changes.
yeah that was what i was getting at, turn all the electric off , and watch how quick nature comes back.

I have a 4/10 in my apartment block, shes got a physique like a russian shotputter, and literally controls an army of Beta's....

plus some good looking dude turns up every so often and slays.....

imagine the feeling of power an 8 has

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
28% of men ages 18-29 had no sex in 2018. 28% of men do not suffer from lack of personal hygiene and clear mental problems. Among 18-29 year olds in 2018, I bet that number would go to 40% or so if you included men who had sex on 15 days or less in 2018, which is around once or month or less. 18-29 year olds are supposed to be men in their primes.
Agree on that, told ya to be an incel in the 80s you needed to seriously suck while to be an incel now you just have to be an everyday normal guy.

You really cant make mistakes now, even guys with good LMS are not toally sure.