"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Is this AFC behavior?

BlackDragon

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 30, 2003
Messages
142
Reaction score
0
Location
VA
1) If a girl drop something on the floor in a classroom and you pick it up for her.

2) Walking with a girl and letting her entering open doorways first.

3) Holding the door for some randam girl
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

rgeere

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 25, 2003
Messages
1,925
Reaction score
1
Location
Fort Worth, Texas
1) If a girl drop something on the floor in a classroom and you pick it up for her.

Yes


2) Walking with a girl and letting her entering open doorways first.


Sometimes



3) Holding the door for some randam girl


Sometimes


Remember that whether the girl sees these as weak motions on your parts depends upon if she is looking at you as a strong person doing mediocre things or a weak person doing subjective things.
 

Best friends? NAY

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Oct 8, 2003
Messages
279
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
Where ever I am
If you are doing it to be nice I say they wouldn't....If you are doing it to try to make her like you then yes.
 

BlackDragon

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 30, 2003
Messages
142
Reaction score
0
Location
VA
doing these things are 2nd nature to me. I usually dont smile when I do em, I just do it like it was nothing.
 

Le Parisien

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 30, 2004
Messages
812
Reaction score
7
Location
back to Paris, missing the USA
1)
NO unless you try to talk to her after that while blushing at the same time.

2)
NO, read above.

3)
NO, read above.

I would do all the three things whether it's a girl or a guy or a Martian as long as they are nice, it's simple courtesy. But I won't go out of my way to do it though.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

cactus3178

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Feb 11, 2004
Messages
481
Reaction score
3
Age
48
Location
P-Town 503
^

Exactly. Just common courtesy....unless a girl drops her books and you run across the room to help her. That'd be retarded :)

You can be a 'gentleman' without being AFC. Just use your head....you don't have to kiss any chick's ass to be polite.
 

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 4, 2002
Messages
4,366
Reaction score
8
There is nothing wrong with being nice. In fact if a girl drops her stuff (assuming its near you) picking up for her can give you a great opener.

(But please don't run halfway across the room to do it!)
 

Sato21m

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 30, 2003
Messages
359
Reaction score
0
Location
New York
Originally posted by BlackDragon
1) If a girl drop something on the floor in a classroom and you pick it up for her.

2) Walking with a girl and letting her entering open doorways first.

3) Holding the door for some randam girl
You are just being a man there is nothing wrong with the above you treat the right at your way and by doing those 3 things you mentioned you don't come as an afc just as a gentleman.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Top