Is she interested at all? Snapchat conversation

The Slight Edge

Reaction score
Please go easy on me. I am far from skilled at this, but here is a quick snapshot of a recent conversation I had with this girl over snapchat. (Don’t have her number yet). Background info: we do already know each other in real life although not that well and I believe there was some interest on her part.

Me: Hey Lacy how’s the running going? Is your streak still alive?! (She has a streak of running every day)

Her: It’ going good lol I mean not going too crazy or anything lol! Yes the streak is still alive! How’s your stress fracture? (She knew about this from before-although we haven’t talked in awhile)

Me: that’s good Haha I have an impressive 0 day streak right now, but think I will start one with the new year #1/1/18

Her: lol Now that’s a great New Years resolution! Maybe start with a 6 month streak goal!

Me: 6 months seems kinda weak...I think I’m going for 50 years! Haha

Her: well 6 months is good gotta start small lol but 50 years is good too! Lol

Me: although I still have to figure out how to catch you since your ahead 5 years...(that’s her streak)

Her: I guess I will just always be 5 years ahead of you (emoticon)

Me: nobody likes a show off! Haha just don’t be surprised if you suffer a mysterious injury if I make it to 45 years (my streak)

Her: well I’ll be sure to steer clear of you then when I’m 62 (emoticon)

Me: well luckily for me I think your maths off!

Her: oh whoops lol you’re right! You should teach math instead! (She remembered what I actually teach)

Me: it’s okay I’ll let you use your scientific calculator next time!

Her: lol no kidding! Well I’m going to hit the hay, Merry Christmas!

I didn’t respond to this last message.

I know I should have been the one to end the conversation first. I also know I probably am doing nothing right hahha any help is appreciated!

djthiago1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You'll know if she's interested after you:
1 Get the number
2 Ask her on a date
3 Close the deal (kiss)

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You'll know if she's interested after you:
1 Get the number
2 Ask her on a date
3 Close the deal (kiss)
This...stop wasting time with silly chit chat.

Gan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Get her number and ask her out on a date. Take her out wherever you want and make sure you're familiar with the place first so you'll be more comfortable. If she turns you down then she was never interested and might only see you as a friend.

OJN_98

Don Juan
Reaction score
Please go easy on me. I am far from skilled at this, but here is a quick snapshot of a recent conversation I had with this girl over snapchat. (Don’t have her number yet). Background info: we do already know each other in real life although not that well and I believe there was some interest on her part.

Me: Hey Lacy how’s the running going? Is your streak still alive?! (She has a streak of running every day)

Her: It’ going good lol I mean not going too crazy or anything lol! Yes the streak is still alive! How’s your stress fracture? (She knew about this from before-although we haven’t talked in awhile)

Me: that’s good Haha I have an impressive 0 day streak right now, but think I will start one with the new year #1/1/18

Her: lol Now that’s a great New Years resolution! Maybe start with a 6 month streak goal!

Me: 6 months seems kinda weak...I think I’m going for 50 years! Haha

Her: well 6 months is good gotta start small lol but 50 years is good too! Lol

Me: although I still have to figure out how to catch you since your ahead 5 years...(that’s her streak)

Her: I guess I will just always be 5 years ahead of you (emoticon)

Me: nobody likes a show off! Haha just don’t be surprised if you suffer a mysterious injury if I make it to 45 years (my streak)

Her: well I’ll be sure to steer clear of you then when I’m 62 (emoticon)

Me: well luckily for me I think your maths off!

Her: oh whoops lol you’re right! You should teach math instead! (She remembered what I actually teach)

Me: it’s okay I’ll let you use your scientific calculator next time!

Her: lol no kidding! Well I’m going to hit the hay, Merry Christmas!

I didn’t respond to this last message.

I know I should have been the one to end the conversation first. I also know I probably am doing nothing right hahha any help is appreciated!

She seems receptive of your replies and that itself is a good sign. Set up a time and place for the both of you to meet and save the banter for when the time comes. No point in talking if it's only done through text. Depending on her answer you will know where her level of interest falls at.

Igetit!

Reaction score
She seems receptive of your replies and that itself is a good sign.
No it's not. She's receptive to his replies cause there's nothing there.

It's easy to be "receptive" when no one's asking anything of you. He's shown NO interest,so there's nothing there for her to accept or reject.

When I read that exchange,only one word/thought comes to mind.....

FRIENDZONE. Let me just put it this way.....

If he's scared,or afraid to make a move/ask her out because he's worried he might wreck,or ruin things between them.....

He's ALREADY screwed up.

He needs to do what the poster above me said.....ESCALATE. And he needs to do it QUICKLY.

He needs to either do that,or go no contact and simply leave her alone,but STOP having non-sexual,non-romantic,no interest showing conversations with her.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She thought from the original message onward that you were going to ask her to go running with you. Then she was a little disappointed that you didn't. I'm not telling you to ask her that this second, but that is the direction you started the conversation, but then you didn't continue in that direction. She runs, you run, go run together. Then let her think all you want out of her is a running partner, or at least make her wonder. There is no mystery in your approach in the conversation above.

The Slight Edge

Reaction score
She thought from the original message onward that you were going to ask her to go running with you. Then she was a little disappointed that you didn't. I'm not telling you to ask her that this second, but that is the direction you started the conversation, but then you didn't continue in that direction. She runs, you run, go run together. Then let her think all you want out of her is a running partner, or at least make her wonder. There is no mystery in your approach in the conversation above.
Wow, that’s such a simple idea yet I seriously never even considered it. Thanks man I think this is a good idea to run together.

Also, this was our first time talking over social media EVER, and yes, I must admit I was hesitant. This is due in large part to the fact that I do have a girlfriend. I do not want to cheat, but at the same time, I am interested in this girl a lot. I am only entertaining the possibility of something with her because of the many IOI’s she’s given me in person. (Strong eye contact, smiling non-stop, asking about my weekend plans, asking indirectly about my girlfriend, etc.)

I don’t think at this point I’m in any friend zone, but I do understand that could happen if I continue to talk to her like a friend.

I guess the basics of it are I’d like to know if she’s interested in me that way, and if she is, I would then consider breaking it off with my girlfriend. However, things aren’t that bad with my girlfriend where I would want to end things right away without knowing. (I’m branch-swinging myself I guess?)

What’s the best way to know if she is interested without cheating?