Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is my ex in a cult?

MedDude

Don Juan
Reaction score
Backstory on her: she grew up in a rich family and hasn't had to struggle for much. Her father is narcissistic and raised her in performance based manner. Due to this she is focused on her looks and how she is viewed by people. This has beld in to her adult life because she lacked an effective father figure and does not possess a strong identity.
Fast forward to now: she mentions to me she has been seeing a "mentor" whom she pays for "sessions" (insert derranged sexual comment here). This man helps her and others with spiritual guidance as well as personal therapy. Keep in mind, he is not licensed for a goddamn thing. He's just "knowledgeable" I'm told. She sees him two days a week and once a month with his other students for extended sessions.
She says he has convinced her she no longer needs her antidepressants. He also suggests she write long emails nightly to update her spiritual and personal progress. This is also in conjunction with hour long Bible study sessions done daily.
He also has pointed out to her her manipulative tendencies, an inadequacy he is able to help her with according to him. She has been seeing this mentor for over a year with little progress and continues to struggle. He also had her and the group write a 118 page paper when he felt they didn't want it enough and that he was going to stop the group.
There is much more to this but I wanted to get opinions on this so far.

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why do you care about what your ex is doing?

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That entire situation sounds creepy..... good thing she’s your ex... plenty of puss not in cults out there !