Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is it worth buying some Dow Jones, Tesla, big company stocks who right now seem way underpriced..?

lizardking82

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I mean, I don;t think Dow Jones or Tesla and similar sized companies are going anywhere, they are probably gonna bounce back even stronger after this so what is some stock you guys think I should be buying right now? Am talking smaller amounts, 50 dollars, 100 dollars tops.

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So you think a cash furnace like Tesla is a good idea to buy when we're about to enter a down cycle/deflationary period?

The blood hasn't even started flowing in the streets yet.

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
Do your research in stocks, the market and the buisnesses themselves before you invest anything

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I do not think tesla will reach its 900$ price peak. We are at the end of the economic cycle, and tesla is following the cycle of the JDU's, RCA, and other bubble names of their respective times. I will be looking to short via call spreads or maybe just short the stock itself with tight stops since everything will be volatile for a while here.

bcude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I mean, I don;t think Dow Jones or Tesla and similar sized companies are going anywhere, they are probably gonna bounce back even stronger after this so what is some stock you guys think I should be buying right now? Am talking smaller amounts, 50 dollars, 100 dollars tops.
This is dangerous thinking, because it's based on what you think should happen.
I don't like to do predictions but i do can tell you for a fact that the companies that "should" bounce back the strongest are not the ones who actually do it in the end.
About 25% of the companies that earned themselves leader status in the past bulltrend will be leaders again. Meaning most of them will not.
There is nothing in the stock market that says that a seemingly great company should come back to previous levels just because it dropped alot. Alot of beginners fall into this trap. With that said, fundamentally strong companies will always do well. Look for them and let the price tell you which ones to buy.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys what would be a good points level to buy the S&P 500?

@bcude @BeExcellent @logicallefty @guru1000 @logicallefty @Ohso-Phresh @RickTheToad @synergy1
@switch7

Got my main cash in an offshore account. But investment options r rubbish in that country.

I have found out I can buy the vanguard S&P500 from there.

I don't know enough about the US market to buy individual shares.

Will hold and add for at least a year not a speculative play. Not about buying the bottom but I don't want to buy the slide either

Last edited:

logicallefty

Reaction score
@synergy1 I've been day trading the S&P 500 with the SPXL (bullish) and SPXS (bearish) 3x ETFs. Never any overnight holds. Day trading is about price action. Longer term holds are more about fundamentals and honestly the way the markets have been lately I couldn't even begin to tell you right now when a good time would be to enter for the long term. If I was going to make my best guess I would say once the news starts coming out of people going back to work. I don't think anyone knows how to catch the bottom with precision, nor does anyone know right now if we have already hit the lowest bottom we are going to see. We LIKELY have, but who knows.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am an eternal bear, but regardless of what side you take right now, look at hedging with options. If you want to go long the market, buy some puts, too, in case you are wrong. I think the best position right now would be a straddle, long puts and long calls. You make money if the market makes a big move in either direction. The only way you lose is if things stay flat from here. I don't think anyone sees that happening.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I strongly suggest not to underestimate the effect of politics in the stock market, the US are gonna have elections in november and one thing Im sure of is that Trump will make anything possible to keep it as high as possible no matter the cost.

Sure anything can happen but again the central banks can really do plenty of things even creating money that dont exist and buy stocks and etfs.

Also it depends on our time horizon, a guy that wants to get 20% cause he wants to buy a car in october can hardly take the risks of a guy in his mid 30s that wants to retire rich in his mid 50s and doesnt need any money till that moment.

Personally Im betting on the nasdaq, tech proved to be the most resilient one while oil, trasports, finance and services cried hard.

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am an eternal bear, but regardless of what side you take right now, look at hedging with options. If you want to go long the market, buy some puts, too, in case you are wrong. I think the best position right now would be a straddle, long puts and long calls. You make money if the market makes a big move in either direction. The only way you lose is if things stay flat from here. I don't think anyone sees that happening.
ya smarter traders than I started hedging yesterday. pretty sure In the money index puts. They also sold on the way up. I had two half positions I got stopped out of today, with minor losses. Now is a time where markets need to rest and consolidate. The major part of the move is over for a little while I think.

Also I was wrong about tesla, it managed a climb up to 1000. Never underestimate ESG mandates, huh? I mean that growth story is long since dead, but the stock keeps truckin.

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am hedging with gold and silver. I have an eye on the fear and greed index

I am invested in oil. It got bad press. Let's see if I am right.

I try to follow the concept be greedy when others are feerful and vice versa. Let's see if it works.

Last edited:

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The government keeps pumping so much money into the companies that are publicly traded in the form of easy credit that it doesn't seem like a free market any more. When the stock market has a bad day, there will be a new policy announcement right away to make it go back up. That is not free market economics.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The government keeps pumping so much money into the companies that are publicly traded in the form of easy credit that it doesn't seem like a free market any more. When the stock market has a bad day, there will be a new policy announcement right away to make it go back up. That is not free market economics.
It hasn't been for at least a decade, now it's "not free market economics" on steroids. I have a bud who's made killings in March/April, who's now stuck in oil tankers BAD. I've stayed out of it ALL. None of it makes sense.
I want to buy Land, but land still too high where I'm at. I'd say Don't ever feel like you need to make a move. Patience is hard to exercise. I don't understand how the greater majority is surviving right now. I'm seeing businesses where I'm at going on "furlough" even though they got the gov't assistance back in April (I'm talkin to the tune of $100,000 as long as they brought back their employees). Seeing a lot of houses go up for sale, but it's Spring/Summer so to be expected.

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Reaction score
I am hedging with gold and silver. I have an eye on the fear and greed index

I am invested in oil. It got bad press. Let's see if I am right.

I try to follow the concept be greedy when others are feerful and vice versa. Let's see if it works.

I would like to buy small denomination gold and silver-in coins? I guess.

I think physical wealth is more reliable/tradeable/divisible.

Real estate, precious stuffs.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you want to know what is happening, watch the banks: They are pumping lots of cash into Real Estate to protect their money from any potential inflation... Basically, if Real Estate fails, the country has failed, yet come 2021 who the hell knows what will happen, all the rules go out the window.

My families investor told me that right now, LOTS of people are pumping their covid dollars into the stock market, meaning its an unprecedented time of frequency of rise and falls... This means we pull all our money out and do the same thing the bank is doing.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"underpriced."

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its a crap shoot. The people who pulled out of the stock market lost their shirt. It recovered and crooks who got insider info knew in advance. Of course there's no consequence for the elites. Outside of the elites and said info, its a crap shoot. Play the lottery. Gamble in Vegas. Play the stock market for whatever you can afford to lose. The long term is typical of index funds or s&p 500 out performing dude bro in hus 3series used car talking how he beat the market. I am to assume you read ben Graham intelligent investor. Adequate results is the best one can hope for so the book argues. I know others who beat the market but its always short term.

If you have a working system, crush it, and tell nobody.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
+1

The can is kicked down the street. Gov prints more money. Very few industries are safe from covid. I am in the market but of course I diversify. I hedge my bet to beat inflation yet again, i have found that minimalism is the best current play for the time being. Minimalism is not sexy. You aren't doing bottle service or dude bro from the leased 3series BMW. I have never been a fan of single stocks.

I don't know any better way forward but I am constantly searching. Into crypto and precious metals. Who would have known about global flew and bet accordingly? I have pulled nurses and none got into any stocks or investing with insider info.

One of the best things imho is entrepreneurship. A better hedge than reliance on the market which may **** the bed. The economy is in a recession or worse but the printing off money is holding up the Fort for now. The crap is that, you can have a successful business and morons can change the laws ruining everything. Shut downs have destroyed many businesses. Several will never return.

I cannot stress the importance of a emergency fund. Stock pile a bunch of cash. I am expecting another shut down.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Those of you even considering buying stock need to take a hard look at the next year; inflation is going to SKYROCKET, they have been printing all sorts of money.

Assets will retain their value through inflation unless whatever you bought into crashes... Real estate seems to be safest bet for now but who knows even about that

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Those of you even considering buying stock need to take a hard look at the next year; inflation is going to SKYROCKET, they have been printing all sorts of money.

Assets will retain their value through inflation unless whatever you bought into crashes... Real estate seems to be safest bet for now but who knows even about that
Agreed. That and having a surplus of cash. Normally, i would say 6months of expenses ad emergency fund. I suggest a year. Sadly most live paycheck to paycheck. I wanted to acquire a series of rental properties before 40. I have little interest anymore given pandemic flu and government printing money as well as changing laws. A lot of people are going to lose their shirt.