Why "Whatever You Want" Keeps You Single

She says the movie looks dumb; you suddenly agree. She tests you with a little attitude; you apologize for nothing.

You think you're being easy to get along with. She reads something else entirely: a man with no edges. Nothing to hold on to. No friction, no tension, no reason to wonder what he really thinks.

The "22 Rules" taught me to push back — playfully, calmly, without needing her approval. Strange things happened after that.

Read more...

"Is it okay if I'm with my friends?"

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2018
Messages
1,827
Reaction score
1,459
Age
34
Unfortunately, I have way too many other things happening this week to play around with her any longer. I have simply told her I'm not on Tinder for group dates.
@flowtheory You are correct. Can't pinpoint what it was exactly. I'm guessing her interest was never high to begin with. Most of her replies are not as long as I had perceived. One to two lines. I have other women I am messaging and got interest levels mixed up a bit.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 1, 2018
Messages
953
Reaction score
690
Age
30
Ask her how many and tell her you'll bring your mates.
 

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2018
Messages
1,827
Reaction score
1,459
Age
34
Do one of two things:

1.) Say "What do your friends look like and are they single?"

2.) Set it all up and just flake on her sorry @ss. That way she has plenty of friends that see her waiting for you to walk through the door, which you wont. When she asks you why you didnt show up tell her that "Sorry hun, I got tied up with my friends".

By doing #2 she will either never reach out again or she will have so much respect and more attraction for you that she will probably be dtf asap.

And either is a great outcome if I am in your shoes.
She's playing stupid now and asked me, "Why not?" I'm going to go #2. Try to set this up and flake like a snake.
 

Glassguy

Moderator
Joined
Apr 25, 2016
Messages
4,789
Reaction score
8,861
Age
49
If its to see if her friends like you it wouldnt be done on a first date. It would be a little later down the road. Maybe a month or two in.

I think this particular chick doesnt have high enough interest in OP and she wants to have her friends close in case there is not good conversation.

I would definitely not meet up with a chick early on if she was bringing friends. Doing so will lead to nowhere. The only good thing that could come from it is meeting one of her friends that you like better and pursuing the friend instead of her.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
5,027
Reaction score
5,356
I wouldn’t even go to the trouble of explaining why her friend bringing idea is beyond retarted. Simply say “sorry, I was hoping to have a one on one date with you because I found you enjoyable to talk to and thought we’d have fun. It’s too bad we aren’t on the same page. Good luck” Sit back and wait cause she’s either A) gonna quit bs’ing you and agree to a one on one date B) she’s gonna let you be.
 
Top