"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

"Is it okay if I'm with my friends?"

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2018
Messages
1,827
Reaction score
1,459
Age
34
Girl on Tinder I was trying to set a first date with asked me that. I already know what I'm going to reply, but I'd like to see your thoughts. I think it's a good topic to discuss on here.
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2018
Messages
1,827
Reaction score
1,459
Age
34
No reply
Unmatch
You hit the nail on the head. She has already said 7 pm is too late. I was thinking, "What is she, 5?" I've got a dozen other women on that app alone messaging me and new matches I haven't messaged. I don't have time for sh1t tests.
 

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
5,027
Reaction score
5,356
The sad thing is if you won’t fall for her shenanigans some thirsty guy will. “Sure that’s fine, bring your friends along!”
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 9, 2013
Messages
4,521
Reaction score
2,229
Location
NYC
You hit the nail on the head. She has already said 7 pm is too late. I was thinking, "What is she, 5?" I've got a dozen other women on that app alone messaging me and new matches I haven't messaged. I don't have time for sh1t tests.
I think you should've at least humored her (what if she was joking? What if you were really going to get a threesome out of it? What if her friends would leave once she was sure you aren't a serial killer?), Don't have too much confidence in your ability to read minds and intentions, pride goeth before a fall and all that.

Although I would've at least implied that I'm not buying drinks for 2 or 3 girls after my foursome joke lol. From there you can gauge her reactions and intentions.
 

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2018
Messages
1,827
Reaction score
1,459
Age
34
I think you should've at least humored her (what if she was joking? What if you were really going to get a threesome out of it? What if her friends would leave once she was sure you aren't a serial killer?), Don't have too much confidence in your ability to read minds and intentions, pride goeth before a fall and all that.

Although I would've at least implied that I'm not buying drinks for 2 or 3 girls after my foursome joke lol. From there you can gauge her reactions and intentions.
Not worried about reading her mind
 

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 9, 2019
Messages
1,168
Reaction score
1,934
Age
35
'only if they're fun'
i'd still go and meet them all. the vibe might be dope if they're trying to have a good time. i'd forget about getting with her and use it as an opportunity to let loose, network, and work on social judo, especially if they're cute. who knows as the night goes on one of them might crush on me. if they start to get disrespectful but i like the venue i'd flirt and talk to other people around us. if i'm not diggin the venue either i'd simply say i'm bouncing and go somewhere else if i still feel like being out. obviously i wouldn't pay for anyone other than myself.

my best successes have been from going out on the date and not being outcome focused, simply enjoying myself. i'm laid back, fun, and i dip if the girl keeps making things negative(to me that's an obvious red flag, she's either trying to manipulate or she's not happy in her personal life). this keeps the mind present and my improv is on point. coincidentally this telegraphs an abundance mentality because women have to qualify for me to even stay. i gain skills and experience regardless, win win.
 
Last edited:

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2018
Messages
1,827
Reaction score
1,459
Age
34
Who's paying for the "date", you? No thanks.

I wonder why she's not so sure about you.
Hmm, I have no idea. It's not normally an issue I have, so I'm not worried about it.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 29, 2007
Messages
4,392
Reaction score
927
Say also after "no" that if you were to ever Commit to a relationship that she could not have a "girls night out" in a known hookup bar and would also have to drop all her "guy" "friends," no meeting up for "lunch" etc etc. See how far that goes with today's women. They do not understand that a fine man can walk around and offer sex to women and get zero responses, whereas a fine woman can walk around and offer sex to men and get a fairly high percentage, like probably 88% married or not.
 

Spaz

Banned
Joined
Jan 14, 2018
Messages
8,337
Reaction score
6,878
Make it a group meet.

If you can't bring along some friends or they're not available then drop it.

Just casually mention that you're not interested to be the only guy amongst a group of girls to end up being Mr. Kotex.
 

Tilex

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 12, 2018
Messages
899
Reaction score
1,029
I learned the hard way that the only way to respond to insulting requests is to match it with an insulting answer.

"Is it okay if I'm with my friends?"
Fvck NO!
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Glassguy

Moderator
Joined
Apr 25, 2016
Messages
4,789
Reaction score
8,861
Age
49
Do one of two things:

1.) Say "What do your friends look like and are they single?"

2.) Set it all up and just flake on her sorry @ss. That way she has plenty of friends that see her waiting for you to walk through the door, which you wont. When she asks you why you didnt show up tell her that "Sorry hun, I got tied up with my friends".

By doing #2 she will either never reach out again or she will have so much respect and more attraction for you that she will probably be dtf asap.

And either is a great outcome if I am in your shoes.
 

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
6,519
Reaction score
11,425
I've always said no in these situations and tell her we would reschedule for another time. But there was one time a chic brought her sister that was visiting from out of town so I brought my friend. It all worked out great and a lot of fun. However it wasn't conducive to anything sexual. I did end up dating the chic.
 

flowtheory

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 18, 2018
Messages
1,672
Reaction score
1,406
Age
37
Location
So Cal
She has already said 7 pm is too late.
Because she knows what happens with dates in the evening. She disqualified you as a romantic/sexual possibility earlier. The context of this whole discussion is key - do you have it? Somewhere in that is what made her suggest bringing friends and saying 7 is too late.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Top