"You Can't Argue a Woman Into Liking You"

You made your case like a lawyer. Stable job. Good guy. Ready for something real. All true. All irrelevant.

She weighed your points, nodded along, felt nothing — then fell hard for some tattooed bartender with a motorcycle and a gambling problem.

Logic is where attraction goes to die. The "22 Rules" work a level deeper, on the subconscious switches that decide within minutes whether you register as a MAN or as part of the furniture.

Stop presenting evidence. Start flipping switches.

Read more...

Is intelligence truly attractive?

Kitttydiet88

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 23, 2020
Messages
39
Reaction score
51
Age
38
I was enjoying some coffee this morning at my favorite coffee shop and a couple walked in and sat in the table in front of me. The woman was a short, but very pretty brunette, possibly latina, with a smoking body. I’d say an HB 9. The dude was white, skinny, around 6’2” and vaguely good looking.

The guy was leading leading 90% of the conversation, which I couldn’t help but overhear because he was talking so damn loud. Most of it was dumb, asinine bull****. The girl just nodded along.

This interaction got me thinking about how much we truly value intelligence. Everyone loves to say they’re looking for someone intelligent, but do we really? I mean, it makes sense from a reproductive standpoint. Intelligence is a largely inheritable trait that improves an individual’s chances of surviving and thriving in its environment. Yet it seems that, beyond a modicum of social intelligence, it does more harm than good when it comes to attraction. Most of the highly intelligent people I know don’t have very prolific sex lives.

Is intelligence truly attractive? Or is it just something we tell ourselves to feel less superficial?
 
Last edited:

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

BackInTheGame78

Moderator
Joined
Sep 10, 2014
Messages
16,864
Reaction score
19,093
It all depends on the woman and how the man uses it. It is part of being a well rounded individual.
 

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 16, 2015
Messages
5,414
Reaction score
7,928
Age
57
I find it makes me stand out among a sea of hot women who may not be that bright. I hear that quite often actually.
 

TonyTenner

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 4, 2020
Messages
252
Reaction score
186
Age
43
I've often wondered that too as I used to think I found intelligence attractive in women. Eventually I came to the conclusion that's it's not intelligence I find attractive, but the quality of being self-aware, which is a form of intelligence. It makes for a much more rounded woman.
 

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 22, 2007
Messages
8,391
Reaction score
5,133
Location
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
I don't know if it's attractive by itself. But it could be an attraction multiplier if someone already finds the intelligent person attractive. In other words, it's a bonus.

I will note that intelligent women have much deeper and more detailed sexual fantasies. They don't just want to get bhanged like an airhead chick. That have a detailed script running in their heads that is like 50shaydes times ten.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 10, 2020
Messages
3,128
Reaction score
3,626
Location
US
I used to not give a ****, but dim-witted woman are worthless to me, they're just boring and uninteresting.

I would imagine women would find intelligence in men even more attractive than men find it in women, too.
 
Last edited:

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
I used to not give a ****, but dim-witted woman are worthless to me, they're just boring and uninteresting.

I would imagine women would find intelligence in men even more attractive than men find it in women, too.
Depends upon the women to some they hate it.
 

Georgepithyou

Banned
Joined
Jan 17, 2020
Messages
1,777
Reaction score
2,213
Age
30
Location
Sydney
Intelligence matters depending on what your looking for, do you want someone to hVw an actual conversation with?

She has to be somewhat intelligent, I can't tolerate Dumb women its just a chore having to talk to them
 

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
I can't imagine anyone hates intelligence on its own, the issue is if they're arrogant and close minded, then its unbearable.
Sir... There is a cult of ignorance in existence. They'll hate ones who are "too bright" and it's okay.
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
Intelligence matters depending on what your looking for, do you want someone to hVw an actual conversation with?

She has to be somewhat intelligent, I can't tolerate Dumb women its just a chore having to talk to them
Does properly presented intelligence get your juices flowing?
 

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 10, 2020
Messages
3,128
Reaction score
3,626
Location
US
Sir... There is a cult of ignorance in existence. They'll hate ones who are "too bright" and it's okay.
But my point is that a lot of women (and men) might not even know if someone is intelligent if they're modest and not talkative.
 

Kitttydiet88

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 23, 2020
Messages
39
Reaction score
51
Age
38
I find it makes me stand out among a sea of hot women who may not be that bright. I hear that quite often actually.
I’m guilty of telling women (of above average intelligence) that it’s their intelligence that attracted me to them, but in all honestly, it’s just a qualifier. How do I know this? Because, while I’ve slept with physically attractive women who were not very bright, I’ve never actually been with an intelligent women who was not physically attractive.

While a nice bonus, intelligence by itself is simply not attractive to me. At least not in the way facial symmetry, hip to waist ratio, height, or musculature is. I use two words for intelligent, but not physically attractive women in my life: friend or coworker. I don’t think I’m alone in saying that. Why is it then, that every time I read someone’s list of what they’re looking for in a person, intelligence ranks in the top 3? They certainly don’t behave as it if it was.

All you have to do is look at your average high school or college campus and you’ll notice intelligence is not the predominant reason anyone is getting laid. Are most of us simply full of **** and saying intelligence is important just so we feel more intelligent ourselves?
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Kitttydiet88

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 23, 2020
Messages
39
Reaction score
51
Age
38
But my point is that a lot of women (and men) might not even know if someone is intelligent if they're modest and not talkative.
My theory is that, without physical attractiveness, your intelligence simply does not register in their sexual radar. You’re deeply entrenched in the friend zone from the outset. That is of course, until they hit the wall and their circumstances start matching your looks.
 

thinker

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 22, 2019
Messages
292
Reaction score
477
Age
53
@Kitttydiet88 Most people that say intelligence is important are insanely full of ****. Having said that it is important in a relationship prospect but for a one night stand or a friends with benefits situation not important. I value intelligence but she still has to reach my attraction threshold, once there her intelligence will help her separate herself from the other women.
 

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
I’m guilty of telling women (of above average intelligence) that it’s their intelligence that attracted me to them, but in all honestly, it’s just a qualifier. How do I know this? Because, while I’ve slept with physically attractive women who were not very bright, I’ve never actually been with an intelligent women who was not physically attractive.

While a nice bonus, intelligence by itself is simply not attractive to me. At least not in the way facial symmetry, hip to waist ratio, height, or musculature is. I use two words for intelligent, but not physically attractive women in my life: friend or coworker. I don’t think I’m alone in saying that. Why is it then, that every time I read someone’s list of what they’re looking for in a person, intelligence ranks in the top 3? They certainly don’t behave as it if it was.

All you have to do is look at your average high school or college campus and you’ll notice intelligence is not the predominant reason anyone is getting laid. Are most of us simply full of **** and saying intelligence is important just so we feel more intelligent ourselves?
Yep intelligence is not helping. Social intelligence and attraction get you laid.
 

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 22, 2007
Messages
8,391
Reaction score
5,133
Location
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
I can't imagine anyone hates intelligence on its own, the issue is if they're arrogant and close minded, then its unbearable.
Definitely irritating to men. But women will give a free pass for arrogance in men they find attractive. They will even forgive him for acting like a know-it-all (when he isn't) if he has the looks.

But my point is that a lot of women (and men) might not even know if someone is intelligent if they're modest and not talkative.
Yes, a quiet/humble intelligent person may go unnoticed.

Also, some intelligent people are "down to earth" and speak like regular people; they aren't necessarily tossing out big words or speaking like a professor giving a lecture.


My theory is that, without physical attractiveness, your intelligence simply does not register in their sexual radar. You’re deeply entrenched in the friend zone from the outset. That is of course, until they hit the wall and their circumstances start matching your looks.
Agreed.
 

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
Definitely irritating to men. But women will give a free pass for arrogance in men they find attractive. They will even forgive him for acting like a know-it-all (when he isn't) if he has the looks.



Yes, a quiet/humble intelligent person may go unnoticed.

Also, some intelligent people are "down to earth" and speak like regular people; they aren't necessarily tossing out big words or speaking like a professor giving a lecture.



Agreed.
"Tossing out big words" in an intelligent person is not acting "smart", it's using the most efficient word for what they mean.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Top