Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is intelligence truly attractive?

Kitttydiet88

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was enjoying some coffee this morning at my favorite coffee shop and a couple walked in and sat in the table in front of me. The woman was a short, but very pretty brunette, possibly latina, with a smoking body. I’d say an HB 9. The dude was white, skinny, around 6’2” and vaguely good looking.

The guy was leading leading 90% of the conversation, which I couldn’t help but overhear because he was talking so damn loud. Most of it was dumb, asinine bull****. The girl just nodded along.

This interaction got me thinking about how much we truly value intelligence. Everyone loves to say they’re looking for someone intelligent, but do we really? I mean, it makes sense from a reproductive standpoint. Intelligence is a largely inheritable trait that improves an individual’s chances of surviving and thriving in its environment. Yet it seems that, beyond a modicum of social intelligence, it does more harm than good when it comes to attraction. Most of the highly intelligent people I know don’t have very prolific sex lives.

Is intelligence truly attractive? Or is it just something we tell ourselves to feel less superficial?

Last edited:

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
It all depends on the woman and how the man uses it. It is part of being a well rounded individual.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I find it makes me stand out among a sea of hot women who may not be that bright. I hear that quite often actually.

TonyTenner

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've often wondered that too as I used to think I found intelligence attractive in women. Eventually I came to the conclusion that's it's not intelligence I find attractive, but the quality of being self-aware, which is a form of intelligence. It makes for a much more rounded woman.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
I don't know if it's attractive by itself. But it could be an attraction multiplier if someone already finds the intelligent person attractive. In other words, it's a bonus.

I will note that intelligent women have much deeper and more detailed sexual fantasies. They don't just want to get bhanged like an airhead chick. That have a detailed script running in their heads that is like 50shaydes times ten.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to not give a ****, but dim-witted woman are worthless to me, they're just boring and uninteresting.

I would imagine women would find intelligence in men even more attractive than men find it in women, too.

Last edited:

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to not give a ****, but dim-witted woman are worthless to me, they're just boring and uninteresting.

I would imagine women would find intelligence in men even more attractive than men find it in women, too.
Depends upon the women to some they hate it.

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
Intelligence matters depending on what your looking for, do you want someone to hVw an actual conversation with?

She has to be somewhat intelligent, I can't tolerate Dumb women its just a chore having to talk to them

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can't imagine anyone hates intelligence on its own, the issue is if they're arrogant and close minded, then its unbearable.
Sir... There is a cult of ignorance in existence. They'll hate ones who are "too bright" and it's okay.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Intelligence matters depending on what your looking for, do you want someone to hVw an actual conversation with?

She has to be somewhat intelligent, I can't tolerate Dumb women its just a chore having to talk to them
Does properly presented intelligence get your juices flowing?

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sir... There is a cult of ignorance in existence. They'll hate ones who are "too bright" and it's okay.
But my point is that a lot of women (and men) might not even know if someone is intelligent if they're modest and not talkative.

Kitttydiet88

Don Juan
Reaction score
I find it makes me stand out among a sea of hot women who may not be that bright. I hear that quite often actually.
I’m guilty of telling women (of above average intelligence) that it’s their intelligence that attracted me to them, but in all honestly, it’s just a qualifier. How do I know this? Because, while I’ve slept with physically attractive women who were not very bright, I’ve never actually been with an intelligent women who was not physically attractive.

While a nice bonus, intelligence by itself is simply not attractive to me. At least not in the way facial symmetry, hip to waist ratio, height, or musculature is. I use two words for intelligent, but not physically attractive women in my life: friend or coworker. I don’t think I’m alone in saying that. Why is it then, that every time I read someone’s list of what they’re looking for in a person, intelligence ranks in the top 3? They certainly don’t behave as it if it was.

All you have to do is look at your average high school or college campus and you’ll notice intelligence is not the predominant reason anyone is getting laid. Are most of us simply full of **** and saying intelligence is important just so we feel more intelligent ourselves?

Kitttydiet88

Don Juan
Reaction score
But my point is that a lot of women (and men) might not even know if someone is intelligent if they're modest and not talkative.
My theory is that, without physical attractiveness, your intelligence simply does not register in their sexual radar. You’re deeply entrenched in the friend zone from the outset. That is of course, until they hit the wall and their circumstances start matching your looks.

thinker

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
@Kitttydiet88 Most people that say intelligence is important are insanely full of ****. Having said that it is important in a relationship prospect but for a one night stand or a friends with benefits situation not important. I value intelligence but she still has to reach my attraction threshold, once there her intelligence will help her separate herself from the other women.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m guilty of telling women (of above average intelligence) that it’s their intelligence that attracted me to them, but in all honestly, it’s just a qualifier. How do I know this? Because, while I’ve slept with physically attractive women who were not very bright, I’ve never actually been with an intelligent women who was not physically attractive.

While a nice bonus, intelligence by itself is simply not attractive to me. At least not in the way facial symmetry, hip to waist ratio, height, or musculature is. I use two words for intelligent, but not physically attractive women in my life: friend or coworker. I don’t think I’m alone in saying that. Why is it then, that every time I read someone’s list of what they’re looking for in a person, intelligence ranks in the top 3? They certainly don’t behave as it if it was.

All you have to do is look at your average high school or college campus and you’ll notice intelligence is not the predominant reason anyone is getting laid. Are most of us simply full of **** and saying intelligence is important just so we feel more intelligent ourselves?
Yep intelligence is not helping. Social intelligence and attraction get you laid.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
I can't imagine anyone hates intelligence on its own, the issue is if they're arrogant and close minded, then its unbearable.
Definitely irritating to men. But women will give a free pass for arrogance in men they find attractive. They will even forgive him for acting like a know-it-all (when he isn't) if he has the looks.

Yes, a quiet/humble intelligent person may go unnoticed.

Also, some intelligent people are "down to earth" and speak like regular people; they aren't necessarily tossing out big words or speaking like a professor giving a lecture.

My theory is that, without physical attractiveness, your intelligence simply does not register in their sexual radar. You’re deeply entrenched in the friend zone from the outset. That is of course, until they hit the wall and their circumstances start matching your looks.
Agreed.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Definitely irritating to men. But women will give a free pass for arrogance in men they find attractive. They will even forgive him for acting like a know-it-all (when he isn't) if he has the looks.

Yes, a quiet/humble intelligent person may go unnoticed.

Also, some intelligent people are "down to earth" and speak like regular people; they aren't necessarily tossing out big words or speaking like a professor giving a lecture.

Agreed.
"Tossing out big words" in an intelligent person is not acting "smart", it's using the most efficient word for what they mean.