Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is Instagram a deal breaker for an LTR?

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't ever used Instagram or intend to use it, however I have heard it's pretty much like a dating site/app.

Two chicks in the past year or so who I have dated, both had Instagram.. I never actually questioned them about it, or even cared to look into what the fuk they are posting on there.

Neither have I ever asked a chick to delete her Instagram.. I don't see the point in telling chicks to delete their social media as they will likely tell you to fuk off.

So my question is, social media, Instagram/snap chat/Facebook are these deal breakers for you guys?

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I only use LinkedIn for work and a Twitter burner, 0 social media, they are not catching me. I don’t care about anyones life and don’t need to broadcast my life, never have never will. This has only been a benefit not a hindrance to my life.

radha

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea you definetely do not want to get into an LTR with a girl who is addicted to instagram validation and won't delete her profile for you. That is a recipe for a miserable relationship. Luckily most of us here are above average IQ and would never naturally get into a relationship with an instagram addict it the first place. Instagram targets lower IQ women who have zero self awareness.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
It depends on what she is posting. Most girls are you posting semi naked pics for the attention/validation

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most women now have an Instagram. It would be challenging to find a woman who didn't have an Instagram.

A lot of it would depend upon what she's posting on Instagram. An infrequent poster who doesn't post thirst trap pictures on Instagram is acceptable but not ideal. If she's posting bikini pics and pics of her butt in a G String, then that's likely someone who most men wouldn't want to commit to seriously. Some men would be fine with recreational use only on a 304 like that on Instagram.

I agree that you can't tell a woman to delete her Instagram. She would tell you to fucck off and would see that as patriarchal bullshiit.

Having an OnlyFans is a no for me on an exclusive LTR.

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most women now have an Instagram. It would be challenging to find a woman who didn't have an Instagram.

A lot of it would depend upon what she's posting on Instagram. An infrequent poster who doesn't post thirst trap pictures on Instagram is acceptable but not ideal. If she's posting bikini pics and pics of her butt in a G String, then that's likely someone who most men wouldn't want to commit to seriously. Some men would be fine with recreational use only on a 304 like that on Instagram.

I agree that you can't tell a woman to delete her Instagram. She would tell you to fucck off and would see that as patriarchal bullshiit.

Having an OnlyFans is a no for me on an exclusive LTR.

Telling a woman these days to choose between social media and YOU haha more than likely your going to take a big L

Seems like most chicks are on Insta these days.

They keeping there options open. This is EXACTLY why even in an LTR I still keep one dating app on my phone.

Why should she be the only one keeping her options open? I mean Instagram is pretty much a dating app.

Any chick who still keeps Instagram, we men should keep some dating apps too.

Also this.. if the girl isn't posting semi nude pics or talking to other dudes, then she should have no problems with giving you the password to her Instagram.

Stanley

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They can be.

A girl I dated about 5 years ago would post her professional photos on the gram on a regular basis and she had about 3500 followers when we dated. There was a time she told me a 'rival' of mine from high school was hitting her up. I told her just mention she's dating me and he'll never talk to you again. She thought this guy was an ugly scumbag, but she loved the attention. She lied and said she did tell him about me when she didn't. When this dude eventually found out we were together he ran for the hills and I quickly learned how duplicitous women are with social media.

Another girl I had a short lived relationship with was privated all over socials and she was a very conservative and well dressed girl, she was a teacher. I have next to no social media so a friend of a friend reached out me and showed me this girl's instagram which I didn't know she even had. Nothing elicit, but she was once again flaunting herself and there was a recent photo of her out with some friends including an ex of hers who cheated on her. Dumped her within the week.

As long as she isn't some social media fiend (unlikely) who post herself constantly it doesn't bug me. Otherwise these are women I would not bother comiting to.

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It depends on what she is posting. Most girls are you posting semi naked pics for the attention/validation
True, but if she is on Insta or any other social platform (whatever) she is getting thousands of DM from horny guys and is still advertising herself out there. Girls always have backups and her advertising herself on the internet is still to leave a backup channel open.

If she really do respect you etc. and want only you, then those social channels are not necessary... Its a completely different thing though if she only use it for her business, but that is a completely different category... Besides its rarer that chicks run their own business anyway.

tksniper

Don Juan
Reaction score
The number 1 deal breaker for a relationship is if you have nothing going on inside yourself. If you have nothing going on inside yourself, you simply cannot recognize that innate quality in another.

You cannot attract what you want. You can only attract what you are. Now just in case you guys think this is “woo woo” stuff”, this is an actual business and sales principle. I made my company a million in profits simply because i prided myself as “bigger on the inside than I am on the outside.”

We live in a society where everyone wants to be wayyy bigger on the outside than they are on the inside.

But what if that core value was reversed?

Society’s core values are fvcked up. Be the opposite. Be bigger on the inside than you are on the outside and your outside reality will match your inside vision.

This is the life and the way.

RazorRambo24

Banned
Reaction score
IG is nothing. It's like the bare minimum when it comes to social media these days. If you don't have at least an IG , there are people that look at you weird.

The older you get it doesn't matter, but it helps to have. If you live a cool lifestyle and take good pics/have a nice physique, the IG will do most of the "selling" for you.. Social dudes take advantage of social game. Social game is huge these days.. Always was.

IG also tells us if a girl is a thot or not. It's a perfect way to see if a girl is an attention ***** as well.

Like rapper Nav said:
"Her followers 100K, then she too famous
If she got a thousand, might make her my main b1tch, yeah "

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like it when a girl has a social media presence because that allows you to learn more about her.

If she has no social media she could just be very secretive or you simply don't know anything about her at all.

But if she has 100 IG posts going back years, you've got a pretty good idea of who you're dealing with.

No rule is ironclad however. There's going to be down-lo hoes whose IG is pictures of their husband and kids. And there's going to be girls with a dozen bikini pics that won't even respond to another man's message.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is a difference between a Wanna be influencer who demands you be her photographer while she poses in a bikini and someone who occasionally posts pictures of her dog, and pretty flowers.

I've watched my Gf's social media stream change from selfies when she was single to pictures of us as a couple to infrequent pictures of sunrises as she walks the dogs in the morning. All with no input or direction from me.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Completely depends on how she is using her Instagram. You will limit yourself (needlessly) if you take a "No Instagram" position with women because social media is such a major part of today's society.

If the woman is posting pictures of you two on it or using it for fairly innocuous reasons, there is no issue. If she is posing in sexy poses in front of her camera in her underwear or drunk photos with her girlfriends and pasting them all over the place, then yes, that is a deal-breaker for an LTR. You have to evaluate it based upon what you see.

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As far as I am concerned.. Keeping your Instagram open which is pretty much the equivalent of a dating app for chicks, is not quite a deal breaker... However I would without a doubt keep my dating apps.

Would you agree?

She keeps her her Instagram.. Us guys keep our dating apps, Tinder/Bumble extra.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Completely depends on how she is using her Instagram. You will limit yourself (needlessly) if you take a "No Instagram" position with women because social media is such a major part of today's society.

If the woman is posting pictures of you two on it or using it for fairly innocuous reasons, there is no issue. If she is posing in sexy poses in front of her camera in her underwear or drunk photos with her girlfriends and pasting them all over the place, then yes, that is a deal-breaker for an LTR. You have to evaluate it based upon what you see.
Most women have Private Instagram accounts. The typical woman doesn't leave her Instagram on Public for anyone to see. Only big time influencers and attention whorres have Public Instagrams.

The only way that most men would see what a woman is doing on Instagram is by requesting to follow her. There's debate in a developing interaction about when in the interaction/relationship to request to follow a woman on social media.

Instagram is probably the biggest social media platform right women for women 25-40. For the 18-24s, TikTok might be where they spend more time than Instagram, though there are plenty of 25-40 year olds on TikTok. These trends can change quickly so the last sentence might not age well.

Facebook was the hot social media platform around 2006-2011, but is now mostly where older people spend time. People around my age (mid to late 30s) rarely use Facebook and that's been the case for at least 5 years. The only time I see people close to my age using Facebook is for their wedding and baby photos.

Twitter and LinkedIn are still out there too but rarely get discussed in the context of male-female dynamics. Most women who are at least semi-active on LinkedIn get offers for dates/sex on that platform. Some women will even post thirst trap pics on LinkedIn. Twitter is similar in that regard.

There is a difference between a Wanna be influencer who demands you be her photographer while she poses in a bikini and someone who occasionally posts pictures of her dog, and pretty flowers.

I've watched my Gf's social media stream change from selfies when she was single to pictures of us as a couple to infrequent pictures of sunrises as she walks the dogs in the morning. All with no input or direction from me.
I'm sure this happens regularly.

Most women are not using Instagram for butt selfies, regular selfies, and generally sexy pics. The typical woman on Instagram has a Private account and infrequently posts basic things like food/beverage pics, vacation pics, and other boring and not sexually provocative pics.

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Been with My girlfriend a couple month. She came to me last week and told me a random guy had messaged her on insta. She said she did'nt feel comfortable receiving messages when with me and would delete insta. She has also deleted her snapchat account.

That defo scored her some points with me.

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Been with My girlfriend a couple month. She came to me last week and told me a random guy had messaged her on insta. She said she did'nt feel comfortable receiving messages when with me and would delete insta. She has also deleted her snapchat account.

That defo scored her some points with me.
You got a good girl most women are sending smutty pictures on snapchat not all but you get the point.
In my town women use insta to virtual signal and snapchat to post smutty pics