Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is having brain fog part of getting older?

Reaction score
I haven't been able to think straight for months now and I feel like i dont exist sometimes. I feel empty like none of this is real. It feels like i have no thoughts. Its starting to scare me. Any thoughts on what this is or is this just getting older? I am 40 years old.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't been able to think straight for months now and I feel like i dont exist sometimes. I feel empty like none of this is real. It feels like i have no thoughts. Its starting to scare me. Any thoughts on what this is or is this just getting older? I am 40 years old.
Who knows? You can clear your thoughts and regain a razor sharp clarity.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who knows? You can clear your thoughts and regain a razor sharp clarity.
Fitness helps. Diet helps. Keeping alcohol and drugs down or eliminating helps. You going to have to be aware of and manage your time. Don't let women waste your time! The games they play, and being gaslit by their lies and biases WILL CLOUDY your thoughts.

Reaction score
Fitness helps. Diet helps. Keeping alcohol and drugs down or eliminating helps. You going to have to be aware of and manage your time. Don't let women waste your time! The games they play, and being gaslit by their lies and biases WILL CLOUDY your thoughts.
Ive been doing all the things you recommended but my mind still isnt clear. Its worrying me cause ive doing doing all the right things and i still cant think straight.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Maximus,
I found Coffee was the culprit,when after suffering brain fogginess I eliminated all the usual suspects one after the other for three or four days,then replaced them before doing the next one...the unnatural social restrictions of lock-downs don't help either.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Scoop up Dr E Braverman "younger thinner you diet." Talks about adding herbs and spices in diet. Speed up metabolism. It spikes AcH, gaba, serotonin, dopamine, etc. I noticed brain fog when I was a student in my teens and later on in my life in biz. Furthermore, SLEEP. 8hrs minimum REGULARLY. jre podcast 1109. Matt walker. At 40 maximize sleep game. lift. meditate.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ive been doing all the things you recommended but my mind still isnt clear. Its worrying me cause ive doing doing all the right things and i still cant think straight.
Who you listen to? Listening to negativity or being oppressed aren't good for clear thinking.

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Get rid of overstimulation. Alternate between work and meditation. For Meditation I would use counting and eye fixing meditation. Combine meditation with flexibility and posture training (a bit like yoga)

Sprinkle between these routines some tier 2 routines like communication training, wokout etc.

I also have to balance my routines otherwise I produce more problems than solutions. You have to win the morning otherwise you have no chance.

Camus37

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, this may be the pandemic and lockdowns. Not sure where you're based, but here in the UK there have been tons of articles about people feeling like this during the past 12 months (first one is actually a US publication):

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2021/03/what-pandemic-doing-our-brains/618221/

I was experiencing it myself for long periods last year. Apparently it's a normal response to a traumatic event.

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is having brain fog part of getting older?
At 40 years old?
Hell no.
You're not "old" yet. If you were 70-80+ then probably/maybe yes depending on your condition/genetics etc.

At 40+ you're in your prime and should be killing it; being sharp as a razor.

Are you hitting the gym?
If not, then you better get started and raise your energy levels and metabolism as other people are mentioning here in the thread.

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
a few vitamin deficiencies can cause this. the more common one is iron. you can google and read all about it.

don't accept that it is normal, keep digging to figure out what/why so you can fix.

can be mental and or physical reasons. investigate both. again google will tell you all the well-known reasons. don't just ignore it, dig into it and figure it out. 40s is often the top of game age for many men.

FraUnderRadaren

Don Juan
Reaction score
It doesn't hurt to get in touch with your doctor either. In this day in age, I'm sure you can send an email to him or her and they can offer some suggestions. Or they may defer it to the nurse practitioner or physician's assistant. Also consider that pharmacist can, in some capacity, diagnosis common aliments and can recommend some therapy. Good ones don't immediately prescribe a drug but often times can suggest something over-the-counter or even just a recommendation to make a lifestyle change.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Did you test for covid?

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP, do you have any digestive issues? I have to fiercely fight brain fog in the mornings as I have severe IBS. These two syndromes go hand-in-hand.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If the corona has had you locked indoors or relatively immobile, you need to get out and move around. It's quite depressive to
be "locked in". Get sunlight on you if you are able.

gettinit

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I has sinusitis that wasn't diagnosed for years. I felt drugged, foggy headed and tired. Finally a doctor figured it out. The four or five before her missed it and one diagnosed me with deep winter depression. F-ing quack.

She sent me to the drug store for over the counter decongestant spray (Afrin) and a nettie pot. A few days later I felt myself again and a nasal flush once or twice a week, keeps it in check.