Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is desperation the biggest thing that kills most men?

bigdave17

Banned
Reaction score
I look back at all my approaches with women in last 10 years and honestly I would say coming across desperate is probably my number 1 biggest mistake

I'm trying to teach myself to talk to women and make sure I want nothing going into the encounter.

I wonder how many other guys would do a lot better removing the desperation. It's just hard for me cause I want it to happen so badly...just have to trust myself and trust the process that it will happen naturally

bigdave17

Banned
Reaction score
Sometimes I can't control my desperation either. But what I do is I usually wait for the woman to make enough of an effort of expressing herself to me before I try to escalate things.

From a woman's perspective, it looks like this:

Escalate with no effort on her part to open up and express any personality = you looking desperate.

Show genuine interest, get her talking about herself, get her to open up to you and be spontaneous, and then tell her you find her cool to talk to = looking cool and suave.

I would say 90% of guys spend the entire interaction trying to be interesting, DHV'ing, and all that stuff and then they try to escalate. This STILL looks desperate because the woman hasn't DONE ANYTHING.

Like if you just came up to me and started rewarding me just for existing, I would think you were a beggar. Now imagine you are performing like a dancing monkey, trying to get my approval, and then try to number close me. This is what most women experience when they go out.

The smooth guy gets HER to open up. He puts his ego aside and realizes it's not just about him. Seduction is a two way tango. She is not just a mannequin to be talked to and impress.

Usually I keep the ratio of me expressing myself and her opening up to me 50/50. But to be on the safe side, I advise guys to make it 30/70.

If she's really hot, make it 10/90 until she starts to asking you questions about you out of curiosity. Even then I am just vague. I know as soon as I start talking about how great I am, she will start to zone out (especially if she is an 8+).

Most hot women don't give a damn about you. You are there to make them feel good about themselves. If you can accept this role, you can get laid in the modern day matriarchy. But if you insist on making it about how interesting you are, then you will bump heads with a lot of 8's and 9's and will have to resort to banging 6's.

desperation is about your body language and how you feel more than anything else

for me, I want it to happen so badly that I know i've talked to women many times in the past and come across way too eager/way too attached to the outcome

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sometimes I can't control my desperation either. But what I do is I usually wait for the woman to make enough of an effort of expressing herself to me before I try to escalate things.

From a woman's perspective, it looks like this:

Escalate with no effort on her part to open up and express any personality = you looking desperate.

Show genuine interest, get her talking about herself, get her to open up to you and be spontaneous, and then tell her you find her cool to talk to = looking cool and suave.

I would say 90% of guys spend the entire interaction trying to be interesting, DHV'ing, and all that stuff and then they try to escalate. This STILL looks desperate because the woman hasn't DONE ANYTHING.

Like if you just came up to me and started rewarding me just for existing, I would think you were a beggar. Now imagine you are performing like a dancing monkey, trying to get my approval, and then try to number close me. This is what most women experience when they go out.

The smooth guy gets HER to open up. He puts his ego aside and realizes it's not just about him. Seduction is a two way tango. She is not just a mannequin to be talked to and impress.

Usually I keep the ratio of me expressing myself and her opening up to me 50/50. But to be on the safe side, I advise guys to make it 30/70.

If she's really hot, make it 10/90 until she starts asking you questions about you out of curiosity. Even then I am just vague. I know as soon as I start talking about how great I am, she will start to zone out (especially if she is an 8+).

Most hot women don't give a damn about you. You are there to make them feel good about themselves. If you can accept this role, you can get laid in the modern day matriarchy. But if you insist on making it about how interesting you are, then you will bump heads with a lot of 8's and 9's and will have to resort to banging 6's.
Right, but if you don't have the looks then she's not going to open up to you or be that receptive. What is the 10%? You still have to approach and you are going to have ultra-desperate vibes, even if you just say hi to her. People can tell if you are hungry for something and that can't be helped.

17 shots

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
desperation is about your body language and how you feel more than anything else

for me, I want it to happen so badly that I know i've talked to women many times in the past and come across way too eager/way too attached to the outcome
I'd be desperate too if I was so ugly that even black women wouldn't talk to me... damn you must be ugly af lmao

bigdave17

Banned
Reaction score
I'd be desperate too if I was so ugly that even black women wouldn't talk to me... damn you must be ugly af lmao
I can't look at online dating as indicator of anything. There was a 6'4 buff good looking dude who said he got nothing on dating sites

17 shots

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can't look at online dating as indicator of anything. There was a 6'4 buff good looking dude who said he got nothing on dating sites
Sorry Dave, but OLD statistics don't lie(according to you)

So yea, you're ugly af

bigdave17

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry Dave, but OLD statistics don't lie(according to you)

So yea, you're ugly af
black women being bottom of social hierarchy isn't OLD statistics, it's world wide common sense

there's a reason 95% of rap videogirls are either white, latina or very light skinned/mixed black

bigdave17

Banned
Reaction score
And yet you can't get one... So common sense says you must be ugly af
the one I messaged was a very attractive one, classy, higher end one that likely gets a million messages a day

17 shots

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the one I messaged was a very attractive one, classy, higher end one that likely gets a million messages a day
Yea, that or she saw a short ugly Armenian guy in her inbox with a receding hairline... but we'll go with your theory

bigdave17

Banned
Reaction score
Yea, that or she saw a short ugly Armenian guy in her inbox with a receding hairline... but we'll go with your theory
I'm 5'10. 5'10 is short? national average height is like 5'9

I'll get professional pics done one of these days and you'll see I'm easily in that 7/10 range buddy boy

HughJasolphd

Don Juan
Reaction score
I can't stress how important having a genuine purpose other than chasing tail is when it comes to talking to women. Outcome dependence is largely caused by your own thoughts & "holding yourself accountable" for trying to be social/get laid. The mindset goes from " maybe this person is cool, let's find out" to "Oh god she's hot, I hope she likes me" & that self imposed pressure is where it all begins to fall apart.
Having a genuine purpose (A mission, a job, a hobby, a goal in mind, etc) that you place most of your focus on makes interacting a lot easier in my experience. You don't care a whole lot whether things go good or bad with someone you speak to because your subconscious thoughts are preoccupied on something more important than getting ass.

Selling yourself to a girl like you're a used car that's reliable, dependable, & fun to drive is a fight youll never win. The chick has to come up with these conclusions on her own. Since so many chicks are used to guys fumbling over their words like retards due to their expectations of the interaction, the smoothest thing you can do is just talk to them like theyre a human being...because they are exactly that. It's not hard to ask a girl where she's from, why she does what she does for work, what she's passionate about, etc...dropping little things in the midst of convo about her like "I've never met someone passionate about 'insert thing here', that's unique of you" shows you're paying attention & find certain things about her attractive without flat out saying it. I forgot what book I read it in, but it said that when you go out to talk to people to tell yourself that the world is your playground & to treat it as such. Have fun for yourself. Not her.

bigdave17

Banned
Reaction score
I can't stress how important having a genuine purpose other than chasing tail is when it comes to talking to women. Outcome dependence is largely caused by your own thoughts & "holding yourself accountable" for trying to be social/get laid. The mindset goes from " maybe this person is cool, let's find out" to "Oh god she's hot, I hope she likes me" & that self imposed pressure is where it all begins to fall apart.
Having a genuine purpose (A mission, a job, a hobby, a goal in mind, etc) that you place most of your focus on makes interacting a lot easier in my experience. You don't care a whole lot whether things go good or bad with someone you speak to because your subconscious thoughts are preoccupied on something more important than getting ass.

Selling yourself to a girl like you're a used car that's reliable, dependable, & fun to drive is a fight youll never win. The chick has to come up with these conclusions on her own. Since so many chicks are used to guys fumbling over their words like retards due to their expectations of the interaction, the smoothest thing you can do is just talk to them like theyre a human being...because they are exactly that. It's not hard to ask a girl where she's from, why she does what she does for work, what she's passionate about, etc...dropping little things in the midst of convo about her like "I've never met someone passionate about 'insert thing here', that's unique of you" shows you're paying attention & find certain things about her attractive without flat out saying it. I forgot what book I read it in, but it said that when you go out to talk to people to tell yourself that the world is your playground & to treat it as such. Have fun for yourself. Not her.

I think socially in general, you have to convince yourself that you're going to focus on having a great connection and a great interaction without caring about the results...the best results generally come when you least expect it

I don't agree though that somehow having a genuine purpose in life will stop you from being desperate. I've been obsessively driven to make the most out of my life since I was 22 - in the gym, at work ,etc... I've still come across desperate cause I've wanted to meet someone so badly

Like I said, you have to focus on having a great interaction and letting the results happen by themselves. Can't force it

17 shots

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dave I just saw that edit... Wth does your square ass know about rap music.

You're problem is you focus too much on numbers, ig u can't help it because you sell cars, but that will be your downfall. It's easy to use numbers and statistics to prove whatever point you want to make... but life's not that simple. There are variables

bigdave17

Banned
Reaction score
Dave I just saw that edit... Wth does your square ass know about rap music.
I'm actually a huge fan of Hip Hop and R & B - especially the old school stuff (Usher, Ginuwine, 112, Tupac, Nas, Wu Tang Clan, etc...)

I'm also one of the few people you'll find out there who judges women based on their own features, instead of judging them on a European scale. Lots of white people in the US only find black women attractive if they are very light skinned with a narrow nose and more petite bone structure. I don't go in that group - I judge women based on how beautiful their features are, not how European they look.

With that being said, I'm also realistic and not detached from reality... Asian men and Black Women are pretty much the bottom of our society in terms of dating preferences for other races.

17 shots

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm actually a huge fan of Hip Hop and R & B - especially the old school stuff (Usher, Ginuwine, 112, Tupac, Nas, Wu Tang Clan, etc...)

I'm also one of the few people you'll find out there who judges women based on their own features, instead of judging them on a European scale. Lots of white people in the US only find black women attractive if they are very light skinned with a narrow nose and more petite bone structure. I don't go in that group - I judge women based on how beautiful their features are, not how European they look.

With that being said, I'm also realistic and not detached from reality... Asian men and Black Women are pretty much the bottom of our society in terms of dating preferences for other races.
I don't live by others people standards, so I hear what you're saying, but that's herd mentality to me. Just like whatever you like, idc about who white men like most lol. Even if I was white, I would think everything you just said is irrelevant... BUT OK, sheeeeesh

bigdave17

Banned
Reaction score
I don't live by others people standards, so I hear what you're saying, but that's herd mentality to me. Just like whatever you like, idc about who white men like most lol. Even if I was white, I would think everything you just said is irrelevant... BUT OK, sheeeeesh
you live in a primarily white country dude. Who do you think I was talking about when I said "social hierarchy"?

I'm not part of a herd mentality in any way. I'm a middle eastern dude who is atheist, loves country music and R&B, etc...

17 shots

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you live in a primarily white country dude. Who do you think I was talking about when I said "social hierarchy"?

I'm not part of a herd mentality in any way. I'm a middle eastern dude who is atheist, loves country music and R&B, etc...
Dave I'm going to PM u, and we will talk about this like men, just you and me. No trolls jumping in

evan12

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I look back at all my approaches with women in last 10 years and honestly I would say coming across desperate is probably my number 1 biggest mistake

I'm trying to teach myself to talk to women and make sure I want nothing going into the encounter.

I wonder how many other guys would do a lot better removing the desperation. It's just hard for me cause I want it to happen so badly...just have to trust myself and trust the process that it will happen naturally
If you look desperate because you dont know how to make a social conversation, so the woman think you are desperate , I know you are working on your social skills, which is good , I suspect you might have Aspenger , so keep working on your social skills. In general , if you can keep yourself happy during the conversation , and know when to eject you will not look desperate.
What a stupid comment , there is tons of men who are average and above and cant get a woman. success with women is based on many factors, it is not only about look.

17 shots

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you look desperate because you dont know how to make a social conversation, so the woman think you are desperate , I know you are working on your social skills, which is good , I suspect you might have Aspenger , so keep working on your social skills. In general , if you can keep yourself happy during the conversation , and know when to eject you will not look desperate.

What a stupid comment , there is tons of men who are average and above and cant get a woman. success with women is based on many factors, it is not only about look.
It's an insider between me and Dave. I'm black, don't take it seriously