Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is cold approaching a fundamentally non-normal activity?

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
What is this blackpill ideology? Genuine question, is it popular enough to have replaced Pickup and RP ?
Blackpill is the theory that looks are pretty much all truly matter for physical attraction.

It's becoming more popular, but I can't speculate on it's future because it's quite controversial and probably not as profitable for gurus lol.

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Blackpill is the theory that looks are pretty much all truly matter for physical attraction.

It's becoming more popular, but I can't speculate on it's future because it's quite controversial and probably not as profitable for gurus lol.
yeah because most people who goes to the gym love to be in pain the next day.

looks matter, but its not the only factor, plus people have diferent tastes, and its a number game, the more people you know more easy will be you find someone

for cellphones doing everything for you, remember cellphones die, so turnning off you cellphone to use it as a excuse to talk with a girl can be done.

like somoene say its only hard or difficult if you belive so, be don't care what will happen, just do the talking and see where it goes

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
yeah because most people who goes to the gym love to be in pain the next day.

looks matter, but its not the only factor, plus people have diferent tastes, and its a number game, the more people you know more easy will be you find someone

for cellphones doing everything for you, remember cellphones die, so turnning off you cellphone to use it as a excuse to talk with a girl can be done.

like somoene say its only hard or difficult if you belive so, be don't care what will happen, just do the talking and see where it goes
I don't disagree. I'm not 100% BP. While I enjoy the "It's over" jokes, it's all in fun.

But on the other hand, for me, blackpill is almost "freeing." Realistically, I know that I am "mogged" (i.e. outgunned) looks-wise in almost all situations. I find the "Chad chasing" predictably funny at this point. I'm finally able to HONESTLY be myself because I know that I don't have to ACT anymore; my personality doesn't matter.

TLDR: Yes, workout and looks-max if you can. It might help. It might not. But be yourself, keep a good sense of humor and enjoy the blackpill shyte show either way lol.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't disagree. I'm not 100% BP. While I enjoy the "It's over" jokes, it's all in fun.

But on the other hand, for me, blackpill is almost "freeing." Realistically, I know that I am "mogged" (i.e. outgunned) looks-wise in almost all situations. I find the "Chad chasing" predictably funny at this point. I'm finally able to be HONESTLY be myself because I know that I don't have to ACT anymore; my personality doesn't matter.

TLDR: Yes, workout and looks-max if you can. It might help. It might not. But be yourself, keep a good sense of humor and enjoy the blackpill shyte show either way lol.
"Face only" looks on a man are overrated. Body game. Clothing. Status are stronger. Besides many females want to be the better looking one.

Last edited:

skinnyguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everything starts off as a cold approach... you are not born knowing someone... everyone meets everyone for the first time. So it is completely normal.

What isn't 'normal' is cold approach as a PUA technique. The idea that you are going out to do 'cold approaching' makes you look creepy as fvck. Just strike up conversations with woman and see what happens, if she' available... she will let you know. Never approach a chick expecting to make something happen... approach women to see if she is interested... if not... no problem, just move on.
I have to agree with this. The thought of “going out and doing 100 cold approaches” is sociopathic at best. You do not see normal people doing that. The way that the PUA community crafted it with pickup lines and such made it very very creepy for women to deal with. Why do you think women have their guard up if you’re a stranger and you start hitting on them on the street? It’s unnatural. What’s normal is meeting people through common ground.

I don’t think it necessarily means you have a defeatist mentality if you refuse to cold approach. It just means that you don’t want to be weird and desperate in order to get something. Most women aren’t that dumb when it comes to dating. If they see a guy cold approach them they think 1) he wants me only because of my looks 2) he probably doesn’t have other options. If you’re at a bar, getting drunk, that’s a little bit different because it’s a social environment where people are there to have fun.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have to agree with this. The thought of “going out and doing 100 cold approaches” is sociopathic at best. You do not see normal people doing that. The way that the PUA community crafted it with pickup lines and such made it very very creepy for women to deal with. Why do you think women have their guard up if you’re a stranger and you start hitting on them on the street? It’s unnatural. What’s normal is meeting people through common ground.

I don’t think it necessarily means you have a defeatist mentality if you refuse to cold approach. It just means that you don’t want to be weird and desperate in order to get something. Most women aren’t that dumb when it comes to dating. If they see a guy cold approach them they think 1) he wants me only because of my looks 2) he probably doesn’t have other options. If you’re at a bar, getting drunk, that’s a little bit different because it’s a social environment where people are there to have fun.
How many "Drunks" are at the bars?

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Cold approaching is unsustainable at a social level unless women adopt some marker of whether they're approachable or not, like wearing a flower on one side of the ear or the other to denote whether they're open or closed to approaches. Without that, if men cold approached as a norm, women wouldn't physically be able to go about their day.

It also might only offer an edge to those men who do it, precisely because so few men do it. If cold approaching was a norm, then any advantage it gives would also become a norm... meaning women would adapt their sifting of men for it, and soon enough you'd see posts like "women just wait for the 6'4 pro athlete to approach them because they know all men will approach and they just have to wait, don't even bother bro". It'd be a similar kind of black pill as the one that was brewing during the days when day and night game were still mainstream on forums like this and OLD & antisocial media were minor or nonexistent factors, and guys were proto-black pilling the club scene.

Personally, I've never seen or heard of men and women in the real world meeting through a cold approach, except in the club. But my network of acquaintances isn't exactly the most extensive either, so that anecdote is even less informative than anecdotes normally are.

Last edited:

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cold approaching is unsustainable at a social level unless women adopt some marker of whether they're approachable or not, like wearing a flower on one side of the ear or the other to denote whether they're open or closed. Without that, if men cold approached as a norm, women physically wouldn't be able to go about their day.

It also only offers an edge to men who do it, precisely because so few men do it. If cold approaching was a norm, then any advantage it gives would also become a norm... meaning women would adapt their filters for it, and soon enough you'd see posts like "women just wait for the 6'4 pro athlete to approach them, don't even bother bro". It'd be a similar kind of black pill as the one that was brewing during the days when day and night game were still mainstream on forums like this and OLD & antisocial media were minor or nonexistent factors.
Disagree. Cold approaching will never be the norm because 90% of men don't have the balls and are cucked lol. They can only meet women in their social circles and that's it, or even not at all. But Cold Approaching is the most effective way to meet women imo. It's the best way to generate tons and tons of options.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Disagree. Cold approaching will never be the norm because 90% of men don't have the balls and are cucked lol. They can only meet women in their social circles and that's it, or even not at all. But Cold Approaching is the most effective way to meet women imo. It's the best way to generate tons and tons of options.
That's pretty fvcked up. 20,15, even 10 years ago, any normal man with any amount of testosterone and masculinity still in himself, will chat up attractive ladies. It's very normal or at least was.

The guys here are acting like it's a foreign planet, or something that doesn't or never has existed. Now social media and smart phones has changed the landscape some. So I'm hearing folks in the clubs, glued to their phones, staying within their groups and discouraging any outside convos.

Is it a fact that social circles and "tribes" are much more common than they were 20,15,10 years ago, so that if you are not in their "group" you won't b e able to talk?

We are talking about very normal things that any man worth his salt has been able to do for 100's and 1000's of years... Now men are scared to talk, scared of "rejection" like a female? WTF.

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's pretty fvcked up. 20,15, even 10 years ago, any normal man with any amount of testosterone and masculinity still in himself, will chat up attractive ladies. It's very normal or at least was.

The guys here are acting like it's a foreign planet, or something that doesn't or never has existed. Now social media and smart phones has changed the landscape some. So I'm hearing folks in the clubs, glued to their phones, staying within their groups and discouraging any outside convos.

Is it a fact that social circles and "tribes" are much more common than they were 20,15,10 years ago, so that if you are not in their "group" you won't b e able to talk?

We are talking about very normal things that any man worth his salt has been able to do for 100's and 1000's of years... Now men are scared to talk, scared of "rejection" like a female? WTF.
I became 18 in 2011 which is club legal here, went to them for a couple years or so but I never liked clubs.

When I last was in a club setting I think in 2018 because my siblings wanted me to come, I wanted to see what it was like then. I decided to specifically look for interactions between men and women who didn't already know each other, but I didn't see a single case of it. Every man and woman that I could see came, interacted, and left with the people they came there with.

The men were standing around diffusely, talking a bit to each other, looking around and not doing much. The women were in closed groups acting like there wasn't anyone else there, let alone any men. There was at least one mixed gender group - my group - and in these groups the same closed dynamic was in play as for an all-female group (in my group at least half the women had boyfriends).

Last edited:

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Reaction score
Cold approaching is unsustainable at a social level unless women adopt some marker of whether they're approachable or not, like wearing a flower on one side of the ear or the other to denote whether they're open or closed to approaches. Without that, if men cold approached as a norm, women wouldn't physically be able to go about their day.

It also might only offer an edge to those men who do it, precisely because so few men do it. If cold approaching was a norm, then any advantage it gives would also become a norm... meaning women would adapt their sifting of men for it, and soon enough you'd see posts like "women just wait for the 6'4 pro athlete to approach them because they know all men will approach and they just have to wait, don't even bother bro". It'd be a similar kind of black pill as the one that was brewing during the days when day and night game were still mainstream on forums like this and OLD & antisocial media were minor or nonexistent factors, and guys were proto-black pilling the club scene.

Personally, I've never seen or heard of men and women in the real world meeting through a cold approach, except in the club. But my network of acquaintances isn't exactly the most extensive either, so that anecdote is even less informative than anecdotes normally are.
man would that ever make things simple....knowing if she's wearing a flower behind her ear that one could approach. Why don't we have this type of known worldwide signal for IOI's?

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I became 18 in 2011 which is club legal here, went to them for a couple years or so but I never liked clubs.

When I last was in a club setting I think in 2018 because my siblings wanted me to come, I wanted to see what it was like then. I decided to specifically look for interactions between men and women who didn't already know each other, but I didn't see a single case of it. Every man and woman that I could see came, interacted, and left with the people they came there with.

The men were standing around diffusely, talking a bit to each other, looking around and not doing much. The women were in closed groups acting like there wasn't anyone else there, let alone any men. There was at least one mixed gender group - my group - and in these groups the same closed dynamic was in play as for an all-female group (in my group at least half the women had boyfriends).
What type of "clubs" is this? In "nightclubs" by design it was for people to mingle and meet with drinks and music, and if you had good game you'd come out of there with phone numbers or a babe. So that's all gone now?

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What type of "clubs" is this? In "nightclubs" by design it was for people to mingle and meet with drinks and music, and if you had good game you'd come out of there with phone numbers or a babe. So that's all gone now?
Clubs are designed to make a profit, not for people to mingle and meet. Like OLD and antisocial media they are businesses, not charities or public services. That's a very important distinction to make.

It was on a boat hired as a club.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Clubs are designed to make a profit, not for people to mingle and meet. Like OLD and antisocial media they are businesses, not charities or public services. That's a very important distinction to make.

It was on a boat hired as a club.
In the old days the entire point of the club was going to go meet and pull chicks. And we did. It was normal. Clubs would let women in cheap or free to lure men. Im not sure of why anyone would still want to club if they can't meet and mingle with females.