Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is asking for a # considered to forward these days?

ThisNThat

Banned
Reaction score
The previous Snapchat post I made kind of made me think of this...as sometimes now social media is a method of providing options outside of giving out a phone number. When she had asked me if I had Snapchat, and I said, "No, but I would much rather have your phone #." Sometimes I wondered if that was too forward...but why afraid of being forward when that shows confidence, yes?

I had sometimes wondered this as there were times I waited too long to ask a woman for her digits. Usually I'd be at a gathering of friends, or house party...would get to know some of the ladies there and if one struck my fancy, I wouldn't ask for her number, but would wait until the next social event as we may see each other again. I hang in a social circle that sometimes people see each other again.

But there are cases, let's say, a plus 1 comes with someone, and they are one-shot deal. You chat with them, they are being friendly, but you'd like to ask for their #. I had cases where some women say, "I don't like to give out my #" to where they've given me their #, but wouldn't return the call.

Or, do you feel them out...and try to figure out if they are wanting to be asked for their number? I have a male friend of mine that prefers the option of seeing the same woman over and over again at scheduled events...kind of a means of getting to know her BEFORE asking her out. That way, you can find out her flaws or what-not before you think, "Wow, good thing I didn't ask for her #."

So there are man dynamics here, but in what situation or if any, would it be too forward to ask for the digits? Is this on case-by-case basis? Depends on the woman?

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you met them in real life, you ask for the number.

If you meet them online, you ask for the date. If they back you off, then you ask for the number.

Follow those two "rules."

Be a man and ask for the number. **** what anyone else thinks.

touma.akagi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you ask for the number, then she knows you mean business. Either she gives it to you or she doesn't. If she doesn't, then she's probably a waste of time.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No if she is interested you'll get it and if not she will either ignore or refuse...either way in most cases its low interest

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Probably but, it's solely based upon the lens the feminine imperative views you through; that being alpha or beta. If alpha, sure. Its a free for all. If beta, you will be crucified and only of use once she hits the wall.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No not at all.

sazc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lately I am finding that they are not asking, just setting things up over the app and meeting and then asking for a number. I still have one (bad teeth dude) who seems happy chatting over the app. Idk how to let him down and I hate simply ghosting.

I like the idea of suggesting the meet and then, if the answer is "can't meet", then asking for the number. If still "no" then silence is your friend, make her reach out, that will tell you what you need to know.

The Diver

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I like the idea of suggesting the meet and then, if the answer is "can't meet", then asking for the number.
Why would you ask the # if a suggesting to meet up is NO? no is no, why chasing dead lead?

HankHill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All the women I've gone out with so far offered up their ph#s (prior to meeting) without asking.

I still have one (bad teeth dude) who seems happy chatting over the app. Idk how to let him down and I hate simply ghosting.
Most women just ghost/unmatch etc it comes off rude but there's really no good way to let people down. If it makes you feel better just say one of these:

'hey, I recently met someone where it's getting serious. You seem like a great guy and I hope you meet your lady soon. Take care. PS. see a dentist btw'

or

'hey I'm going to take a break from dating due to personal reasons. Good luck.'

Just keep in mind they still might ask you for the ph no etc to stay in touch.

IKO69

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It depends on the context brother. If you just met her and got to know her/talked her for a bit there is no harm in doing so.

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well... think about it....

Alot of people are now using OLD and Dating App.... Actually Tinder has become more popular than Youtube in user per months

So I would say... as phone numbers are becoming more ''rare'' .... asking for the number likely will give you Alpha status ;).

It's also how you do it... alot of PUA had good video or text about how to ''get the phone''... Instead of : ''Can I get your phone number'' use ''let get together soon, here my phone number, what's your so we can schedule later''... or ''lets exchange numbers''.

If you have a phone number.. you are ahead of those in the ''email box / chat messenger''.

A interested girl will give you ways to reach her.
Personally: If I am using a Dating App... not gonna go on a date with her, if I dont have her number. (unless she's from out of town or travelling of course :p)

The Diver

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's also how you do it... a lot of PUA had good video or text about how to ''get the phone''... Instead of : ''Can I get your phone number'' use ''let get together soon, here my phone number, what's your so we can schedule later''... or ''lets exchange numbers''.
I don't think it's crucial at all the way you ask her # , If she's interested in you, more likely she'll give you her # regardless the way you asked it.

But, at the same, woman don't like confrontation, and many women will give you their # so that they could move on with their life without causing too much drama if they refuse your # request. So, providing you with her # not necessarily indicating her IL in you. That you'll find from the way she'll reply (if at all ) to you txt/call.

HankHill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If their IL is high typically they'll offer up their number after a few back and forth IMs/Texts - without asking. Now if you're meeting someone on the street then, of course, ask to exchange numbers because what are the chances you'll run into her again.

Last edited:

logicallefty

Reaction score
I sometimes ask for her number. But more often than not I tend to give her mine. I figure if she is interested enough she will contact. If not, oh well.

This works both in real life and online:

"Here, let me give you my #. Just promise you won't go write that on the bathroom wall at your favorite pub 'for a great time call Lefty"

Then when they call/text, I say "I've been getting flooded with non stop calls and texts from all these chicks who said my number was on the bathroom wall at Bar XYZ 'for a good time'.. Do you know anything about that???? :mad: "

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And the award for the lowest testosterone thread ever goes to this guy.

Brb guys, collecting my participation trophy.

Brb guys, collecting my participation ribbon.

Brb guys, urinating from the seated position.

When I go get baeeee and I acknowledge my competition?

So many cucks make game so easy.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I sometimes ask for her number. But more often than not I tend to give her mine. I figure if she is interested enough she will contact. If not, oh well.

This works both in real life and online:

"Here, let me give you my #. Just promise you won't go write that on the bathroom wall at your favorite pub 'for a great time call Lefty"

Then when they call/text, I say "I've been getting flooded with non stop calls and texts from all these chicks who said my number was on the bathroom wall at Bar XYZ 'for a good time'.. Do you know anything about that???? :mad: "
My style is more dictator like. I just tell her to give me her number. I hand her my phone. I slide my phone in front if her. Its easy.

More importantly, its about a woman's ability to follow my lead. It converts well in a the bedroom and the back seat.

Game recognises game.