iron deficiently

blackbelt2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I am beginning to think i may have an iron deficiently. What supplements if any do you guys recommend, and how much should i take daily?

simon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Since you're a guy, don't take iron supplements. Eat more red meat and green vegetables.

blackbelt2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yea, i looked at my whey mixture, im actually getting 94% iron intake. But i think now the problem was a lack of lysine. I don't think im getting enough.

Interceptor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What's wrong with taking Iron supplements if you're Iron deficient?
And what does it have to do with being a guy?
Enlighten me, please.

Heart Break Kid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You have no way to excrete iron, once you take it, it's in you. Too much can cause multiple complications that put simply make you sick. I believe simon is alluding to menstruation which excretes about 0.5 mg/mL iron for females however we don't have such an option and iron can still be dangerous for them. Get what you need from red meat and greens as he said.

Interceptor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks,HBK. Forgot about Aunt Whatshernameorother. Glad we don't have to live with her.

lolz
Anyway,I figure one would be going back to the doc to get the bloodwork checked, and stop supplementing once the desired counts are there.
Meat and greens ftw. I likes me spinach.

monster squad

Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a severe iron deficiency as a kid, and my parents made me eat a lot of liver. I guess it worked, yeah?

Interceptor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, but it turned you into a fvckin' Monster Squid!!!!

Watch out! Flee! Run away!!!

Interceptor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
:eek: Monster Squid?? Where???
OMG! Oh noes!!!

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
stop drinking sodas and tea if you think you have low iron. it sucks the iron right outta ya.

monster squad

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's SQUAD. Not squid.

Oh, and to the OP. If you drink distilled water, stop.

Interceptor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude. Don't get defensive. It's just a joke FFS.

simon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
High blood iron may also be a risk factor for CHD, which is why a lot of men should give blood as frequently as possible. Frequent exercise is also associated with a decrease in blood iron.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WHY do you think you have deficiencies? I doubt you're deficient in lysine or iron.

blackbelt2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
well I've been really getting back into training/working out this summer..its been 3 months now of heavy lifting. I also noticed this summer, right as i coming off a cold (which i did a high dosage of vitamin C to counteract, 1000mg) I noticed i had developed alopecia barbae, which is when your autoimmune system thinks hair folices are enemies, and destroys them; this has happened to a spot in my beard. I don't want it to spread.
I've done some research, and found out that the a cause of hairloss is a lack of certain essential vitamins and minerals: iron, lysine, B-1, and C. Now, my multivitamin, and C supplements take of the vitamin C, and also give me 90% daily value for my iron. B-1 is also included in the multivitamin. However I noticed, im not getting lysine from anywhere. This leads me to believe that a deficiency in this, may have triggered the auto immune system.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lysine is an amino acid that's in all meats. Do you eat any meat? Then you get enough. Heck you said you take whey; in my whey it's the 4th most abundant amino acid in the mix according to the bag.

If you go give blood they'll test it for appropriate iron levels.

blackbelt2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yea, im getting my blood looked at this thursday.. I'd **** myself if i let some stupid ass shiet take my gorgeous head of hair!!!!!!

KnockoutJM

Don Juan
Reaction score
When i have to give blood, and for iron they tell me to eat raisins.. I dont think it does that much, like a cap would give you, but if you try to add them to your diet, it may help increase your iron levels.