"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

initial success with neighbor - what do i do next?

DJArlington

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 11, 2002
Messages
156
Reaction score
2
Gentlemen,

I've known one of my neighbors for about a month and a half now. I threw a party a little while back and she came to the party. At the party, we clicked (I talked to her for about twenty minutes).

About a week ago, I saw her in the hallway. We talked for a few minutes. The other day, she slipped a note underneath my door asking me for a drink. Unluckily, I didn't get home until very late so I couldn't go out with her. The next day, I gave her a call and she came out with my friends and I. We had a really good time and I didn't make any moves on her (Cause she is my neighbor).

What do I do next? I like her and want to get to know her better and possibly develop something. Can I ask her out? OR should I just take it slow and become better friends with her?

thanks....
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

golf299

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 1, 2002
Messages
417
Reaction score
1
Location
STL
she is single, yes? ask her out. kiss her. the end.
 

skinnydart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 25, 2004
Messages
511
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
Why are you thinking that just because she's your neighbor, she off limits to you? I think you're getting "neighbor" confused with "sister" or "mother".
 

DJArlington

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 11, 2002
Messages
156
Reaction score
2
Does everyone agree? My friends are telling me to play the "friends" card...
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

dookie

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 28, 2004
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
Age
46
Its a golden opportunity... don't let it pass... Hit It! :)

PS: Ask her to get together... personally asking out seems to "formal." Find out if she is worth it and then go from there.
 

golf299

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 1, 2002
Messages
417
Reaction score
1
Location
STL
if you don't think you can ask her out because she 'literally lives down the hall', then forget about her. if you aren't planning on asking her out, why would you even post the question?

either ask her out, see what happens. otherwise, forget about her.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Top