"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Improving yourself

Enigma2517

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 17, 2004
Messages
37
Reaction score
0
Does improving yourself require you to take on at least a somewhat negative attitude? I mean think about it....you're not happy with the way you are now....thats why you're trying to make a change.

People workout because they think they're wimpy.

People try to get chicks because they think they are losers who can't.

Etc, etc.

Then again, I'm sure there are people who say "this is good but it could be better".

Personally, myself, I find myself to be more of the pessimistic type. I don't think this is all that bad because its what motivated me in the first to begin improving myself (and god knows I've changed sooo much). However, is it really a healthy attitude to maintain? Does pessimistic thinking create a glass ceiling/limit on how much you can improve yourself. Does it lead to real, solid, lasting improvement or just a quick fix?

Don't know why I started this....just a thought running through my head :p
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 27, 2004
Messages
2,077
Reaction score
4
Location
UK
well you must focus on the positive, you find a problem, you do not dwell on it, just try and fix it but focus on your goal of fixing it not on the problem itself.
 

L B

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 28, 2004
Messages
526
Reaction score
9
Location
OC
It's funny if you break self improving down into two phases. One: you improve because you have to. You are sick and tire of the rut you are in, so you improve yourself. 2: you get to a certain level you desire, but you want to improve it, not out of neccesity, but out of wanting to do it.

As long as you are improving, it does not matter which phase the improvement was motivated by.
 

johnny_chase

Don Juan
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
139
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
CANADA, EH?
i think people work out to feel better, i know i do. I always feel revitalized after a workout.
 

smooth666

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 8, 2004
Messages
136
Reaction score
1
Originally posted by Enigma2517
Does improving yourself require you to take on at least a somewhat negative attitude? I mean think about it....you're not happy with the way you are now....thats why you're trying to make a change.

People workout because they think they're wimpy.

People try to get chicks because they think they are losers who can't.

Etc, etc.

Then again, I'm sure there are people who say "this is good but it could be better".

Personally, myself, I find myself to be more of the pessimistic type. I don't think this is all that bad because its what motivated me in the first to begin improving myself (and god knows I've changed sooo much). However, is it really a healthy attitude to maintain? Does pessimistic thinking create a glass ceiling/limit on how much you can improve yourself. Does it lead to real, solid, lasting improvement or just a quick fix?

Don't know why I started this....just a thought running through my head :p
First of all, being pessimistic is not attractive to women and other people. "Laugh, and the world laughs with you; weep, and you weep alone.

However, working on yourself is in my eyes not a "pessimistic" attitude. Maybe we have different ideas about tihs word.
Take care!
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Top