Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I'm starting to come to the conclusion that girls don't like muscles

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
Ringleader41 said:
I'm not huggggge, but I'm big enough to the point where my friends are constantly mirrin my body. I get compliments from all guys though. I can't really remember getting any compliments from girls.
Lol. As rappers would say "I put in all this work and they not recognizing!"

It's probably been said 1,071 times before, but just because are ripped and have a six pack doesn't mean a girl owes you a date or a kiss or sex. Granted it wont hurt your presentation, but girls don't owe you anything.

It's the same philosophy that some younger guys have when they say "forget girls, focus on currency now...girls will come later once you are rich!"

Well no they wont. They are not waiting in the corner just for you to work you ass off to get money and then pop up once you rich, and guys who think this way are doomed for failure.

break yourself

Don Juan
Reaction score
I believe women inherently are attracted to strong, fit men. However, as you all know, the human mind is incredibly intelligent. For any number of reasons, a woman may not be attracted to a muscular physique due to her life experiences and general mental condition. (By mental condition, I do not mean to imply any defect. Rather, just the state of the mind as it presently is, for whatever reason that it presently is.) However, there is a such thing as being so jacked that it ceases to be appealing.

But like others have said, lifting weights is good for your health, improves your physical condition, and just makes you feel great. I would recommend it to everyone, regardless of whether women like it or not.

Revel

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think today masculinity resides in the personality and wit. hell muscles arnt in demand like they were say in the 1800's.. Men needed their strength to protect and survive.

With the vast amount of luxury and technology out today. Muscles are not needed, In fact they do nothing but gross me out observing the huge, ripped guys in the gym. My build is alright and i like to be toned, but these monsters are just HUGE! I can really see why woman arnt attracted to that, Though some still will obviously.

I think in the evolution of the females mind, there attraction comes from.. can he provide with security of money and flourish in the business world? Does he have social dominance and wit?

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i had to reply to this thread it's an inside joke my wife and I have, this was a few years ago and we were at a social gathering and you know how you go around and just try to be friendly with everyone and i this girl, like she was kinda awkward or what not, like i'm just talking to her and she looks at me and just says "I don't like guys with muscles". lol i'm like WTF i wasn't even talking to you like that.

I'm pretty cut up and you are kidding yourself if yout hink womend on't like a man who can fill out a shirt. 90 out of 100 of them won't come out and say it, but they will look longer, they take glances when they think you aren't looking, they are more receptive. it also keeps my wife very much on her toes because she knows women are looking at me and beucase of that, i have zero problem getting "attention" from her.

HolyG

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Show up at a bar with a form fitting shirt, filled out nicely with that V-taper, broad back and big shoulders.

See if girls don't check you out then

drellum

Don Juan
Reaction score
Zerro said:
Chicks tend to want a guy who's in the middle: a guy who is lean but not all bulked up. There's been study after study on this and the average is always centered on the guy in the middle-range.
That's true:

There's a difference between being muscular and bulked up.

I've leaned out over the past year, dropped a bit of muscle, fair enough and girls love it.

Being lean is more important to the girls.....add a bit of muscle to the frame and you are on to a winner :)

I've had loads of compliments.

D

Professor Booty

Don Juan
Reaction score
Lean and toned is the way to go. Think Men's Health vs. a bodybuilding magazine. Guys who are too built look kind of silly and it begs the question - what are you trying to compensate for? Working out is important for a number of reasons but there's something rather AFC about obsessing about muscle mass and expecting to get attention from women for the "hot" bod you've been working on. Put thought and effort into your body just as you would your clothes and hairstyle, but forget about all that stuff as soon as you leave the house/gym. Act like your whole look is just a matter of course, that you never had to put a single thought into.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Professor Booty said:
Lean and toned is the way to go. Think Men's Health vs. a bodybuilding magazine. Guys who are too built look kind of silly and it begs the question - what are you trying to compensate for? Working out is important for a number of reasons but there's something rather AFC about obsessing about muscle mass and expecting to get attention from women for the "hot" bod you've been working on. Put thought and effort into your body just as you would your clothes and hairstyle, but forget about all that stuff as soon as you leave the house/gym. Act like your whole look is just a matter of course, that you never had to put a single thought into.
while i am more the lean but mustclar/ cut type, dont' knock bodybuilding by saying that anyone who does it is compensating for something. tkae that feminist BS somewhere else.

working out is quite addictive. i can very easily see how guys can get into it like that. if i weren't so style conscious i might even but the clothes i like to wear i can't wear at 200-215 pounds

Blue Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Working out is boring as hell, I´d rather go swimming. Yet working out is a necessary evil to keep your body and mind in shape, at least to me. When I see a guy who´s too strong, it´s like a girl who has implanted huge fake boobs. They are compensating for something...

Jair213

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HolyG said:
Show up at a bar with a form fitting shirt, filled out nicely with that V-taper, broad back and big shoulders.

+1

Down Low

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A friend's aunt lied and said I was 18 so I could get a construction job after high school. At 17, 137 lbs., and 6'2", I could run a jackhammer, shovel a ton an hour, or carry around 100-kilo barrels. But I wasn't "ripped," "jacked," or "buff." I was a skinny kid. My girlfriend at the time loved me for my social consciousness and my personal intensity. That's what turned her on.

A decade later, at a rough patch in my life, I was dead fit. Still, people at the bus stop would just walk up to me and give me their lunches out of pity. Lots of emotions ran through my mind. After an hour of weight machines at college, I got tired about 50 minutes into my running, so I felt the effects of starvation. But I went on to an hour of swimming anyway. I weighed the same, but was much stronger than my teenage years . . . let's just say I was gaunt to the point of being scary. My girlfriend at the time loved me for my intellect. That's what turned her on.

I can't even begin to understand what it must be like to be a rich kid who's always on vacation, paying money to a gym and buying special foods and drugs to build muscles that aren't used for anything but peacocking. There are women who love men for merely having muscles, or money, without questioning how they came to be. That's what turns them on.

I know from personal experience that it's not necessary to have big muscles to get women. I also know that it's the red, slow twitch, aerobic muscles that give the ability to love long time -- not the white, fast twitch, anaerobic "buff" muscles. So these threads about big muscles are pretty funny to me. But hey, if bulking up for peacocking makes you feel better than everyone else, who am I to crash your crystal world.

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree a Men's Health type physique has more appeal. Men still have to excude personality no matter how great they look. I would even go as far to say style and fashion has far more influence than muscle. In many circles bodybuilding is shunned. Working out for oneself is the most important reason to workout.

PapiChulo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Building a decent physic is not that "hard" or costly. It's more about character, life style changes, discipline, persistence, hard work and genetics (somewhat). People know that. You might not have to be big per se, but you should be projecting an image of a strong male that can protect a female or her offsprings in one way or another.

LuisGarcia10

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Scars said:
Tru dat. +1 rep

This is kind of like the "looks don't matter" argument, we just run in circles like chickens. If you wanna be big, do it for yourself. If not, that's cool too. But neither looks nor muscles matter if you don't know how to talk to a girl. :rockon:

-Scars
Maybe not, but it's a hell of a lot easier when you're in good shape!

handle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A nice physique has an appeal, but most guys I know who are ripped thought it would help way more than it actually does. It's never a magic solution or even that much of a help.

In college I had this roommate who started eating healthier... And then hitting the gym more... And started looking better... And dressing better... That was nice and all but I was out there not giving a **** and doing better than him girls wise, which I think annoyed him. All those other things are important, but ultimately getting better with girls comes through hooking up with girls, not some indirect shiet.

SoSuave666

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
These types of threads need to never pop up here again. Why? Because it's obvious that a good body will not HARM your chances with women. Likewise, money will never discourage women from liking you. LIKEWISE, better game will not hinder your progression with women. It really is as simple as improving yourself to your best liking and accentuating your best features.

If you're in bad shape, get yourself in shape and get a ripped physique and tell me chicks aren't more interested in you. If you're in really good shape, eat a whole bunch of pizza and cheeseburgers, gain 40 pounds of fat, and tell me women aren't repelled more than before.

In no other period of my life have I seen more attraction from women than right now. I attribute most of my success with the opposite secks to physical appearance, which I work very hard to keep in tip-top shape. No woman is going to look over in a bar or a museum or any venue for that matter and instantly be attracted to your personality/game. Humans are pretty visual creatures; you need something to open the door to gain the initial attraction.

csycpr

Don Juan
Reaction score
handle said:
A nice physique has an appeal, but most guys I know who are ripped thought it would help way more than it actually does. It's never a magic solution or even that much of a help.
I definitely noticed a difference (at least I thought I noticed a difference) in how I was perceived/how girls reacted to me as I dropped from 210 to 170 (with decent muscle size too, looked great in fitted shirt). But I agree that it's not some magic bullet, and if you do it thinking it's going to be one you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

I somehow managed to eat and laze my way back to 205. Now I have to do all the hard work again. Down to high 180s right now, and I want to go to about 165 for a nice ripped look. I don't expect fireworks or a royal reception when I get there, but I know it's going to be better than the way things are now. And that's enough.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HolyG said:

Trust me, you will see a lot of look up, look down, look up and smiles heading your way...
aka the "Vertical Scan" and smile...

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
csycpr said:
I definitely noticed a difference (at least I thought I noticed a difference) in how I was perceived/how girls reacted to me as I dropped from 210 to 170 (with decent muscle size too, looked great in fitted shirt). But I agree that it's not some magic bullet, and if you do it thinking it's going to be one you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

I somehow managed to eat and laze my way back to 205. Now I have to do all the hard work again. Down to high 180s right now, and I want to go to about 165 for a nice ripped look. I don't expect fireworks or a royal reception when I get there, but I know it's going to be better than the way things are now. And that's enough.
As long as you are strong and lean, I think you will find some women who will appreciate you. You don't have to be a musclehead. I think the biggest benefit weightlifting gives you with women is the confidence and testosterone boost.

MasterFuu

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think muscles are a HUGE bonus when it comes to sexual attraction. You can be ugly but if you got muscles you are attractive. I have few muscle packed friends and their dating life has changed completely since they hit the gym. If you combine muscles with a nice humble personality then almost all woman will be interested. I have no big muscles but been working out for past two years working on chest and shoulders. And I have seen the interest girls have on me spike up. Let's reverse the outlook now.. a average looking girl with an incredible body (a$$, legs, whole body) ... you would look at her more then once compared to an completely average looking body wise girl. Deep down we are animals and our animal instincts are at work non-stop. The reason why we look at a$$ is because back in the day the people with nicest a$$ usually had stronger legs. That allowed them to be better hunters, fighters and in case of danger... escape runners. So tapping into the primal sub of our brain and working on your body I think is the BEST way to attract pu$$y.