Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

i'm doomed...

h2o

Banned
Reaction score
ok, this is the last time i ask for advice about this...

...actually, the bit about Gio threatening to turn me in was the least of my worries.

the problem now is, the campus police recorded my phone call when i told them i beat the guy up.

so, they say that i either go in to give a description of the guy, and face being kicked out of school for my own confession (the guy has yet to be found), or tell them i was lying and get charged for filing a false report.

either way, i'm screwed. i don't know the consequences of lying to the police about a crime where they haven't found the victim, but how could they charge me with something if they have no evidence except what i told them?

this seriously sucks. i realize what i did was wrong, now they're gonna kick me out of school for being honest about it. fvck the police, campus police whatever, they only made the situation worse.

any ideas? they say if i don't show up by friday to turn myself in, they'll be at my door.

Skel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would take the lying about the incident instead of screwing up my education. You should get a slap on the wrist if you havent been arrested for anything else.

You will probably get community service and/or probation or a fine.

h2o

Banned
Reaction score
yeah, the only hesitation i have about telling them i was lying is, what if they find out (or can tell) that i am lying about lying? you know, like that i'm being dishonest about saying i was lying?

couldn't that be ever more counterproductive? i'm not very good at lying...i don't think they have lie detecting machines, but still, i think they're experienced enough to be able to tell an honest person from a liar.

spider_007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would go to the school adminstrators, and offer to pay for the daminge done. And then I would go to the police and TELL THE TRUTH. Find out if there is any other charges you can file against the guy...... it's a biach but, At least you know you did the RIGHT THING. Accept the concequences of your actions.

spider_007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you can always find another school

PS. Even tho it might be worng (I said it and i'll say it again) I would have done it too.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by h2o
either way, i'm screwed. i don't know the consequences of lying to the police about a crime where they haven't found the victim, but how could they charge me with something if they have no evidence except what i told them?
Originally posted by Skel
I would take the lying about the incident instead of screwing up my education.
Both of you need to smarten up. h2o, since you live in or near Chapel Hill, NC, I'm assuming that you go to the University of North Carolina (if you don't, no big deal - policies governing students are pretty much the same regardless of the university). If you do go to UNC, you might want to read the University Regulation of Student Conduct.

Here's just a sampling of what to expect:

The following conduct, or an attempt to engage in the following conduct, is subject to disciplinary action:
  • A. Inflicting physical injury upon a person; placing a person in fear of or at risk of imminent physical injury or danger
  • C. Initiating or causing to be initiated any false report, warning, or threat of fire, explosion, or other emergency.
  • H. Furnishing false information to the University or a University official
  • L. Destroying or damaging the property of others or University property.
  • S. Engaging in conduct... such as fighting, threatening behavior, public disturbance, or drunk and disorderly conduct.

A. You admitted to doing this - if you take back what you said, they'll throw C and H at you... and still probably think you did A, which would only hurt you more.
C. You'll only be charged with this (and L, and H) if you say you lied to the police about the whole situation.
H. Same as above, you'll only have this tossed in (along with C and L) if you go back on what you said.
L. Gotcha on this one regardless of what story you decide to go with - next time you should think before busting a door down that doesn't belong to you. :rolleyes:
S. Sorry, but this goes right along with A and H.

Originally posted by spider_007
you can always find another school
Obviously you've never seen what happens to someone who's kicked out of a university for something like, nor do you understand what this can do to one's academic career. If you consider it a honor to attend community colleges or a school like ITI Tech, then sure, you can always find another school... though even they might not take him.

Congratulations, kid, you're a winner! See, by acting like a child and immaturely going back into that bathroom, you managed to get yourself in a world of trouble. I wouldn't be surprised at all if you were either suspended from the university or forced to leave altogether (can we say "never get into any graduate school"?) Hope you didn't have hopes of being a lawyer, doctor, politician, or anybody else making a boatload of money...

spider_007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
that's one fvced up world we are living in.

i'm glad I don't have to make that choice

h2o

Banned
Reaction score
Re: Re: i'm doomed...

Originally posted by diablo
i go to nc state, 3.8 gpa...i was going to be going to be going to unc for dental school...hence the reason i am going to summer school now. heck, i might as well cancel my biology course for next semester, because i won't need it if i can't make it to dental school.

i called up a defense lawyer a few minutes ago, and he told me about different options...but then again, once you hire a criminal defense attorney, odds are against you because you just "must" be guilty. of course, i am, but not of something that couldn't be overlooked.

i mean, i think i'll go to the school admin. like spider suggested and beg them that i will do 100hrs of community service and work for them for free or something...maybe i'll be a janitor to clean the restrooms...i really want to cut a deal somehow.

seriously, has no one here ever been in a criminal situation? i find it hard to believe that you guys are just so "good"? please give me some comfort.

ego

Don Juan
Reaction score
I, honestly, couldn't care less weather this is true or not, someone gets thrown in jail, kicked out of school or WHAT SO EVER.

No disrespect againt anyone, but I can't see why you people are throwing **** at h2o. He needs help and you people spend time writing long posts telling him what a big idiot he is.

Damn it. Don't you have anything better to do?

Over - and -
- Out.

Don Ronny

Banned
Reaction score
This one's a no-brainer.

1. Hit yourself in the head with a 2x4, hard enough to leave a nice welt, but not so hard to give a concussion (practice on small children if you are unsure)

2. Check yourself into a hospital and pretend to have amnesia.

3. When the cops try to grill you, just say you don't know who you are, or why they are dressed so funny.

4. Lay low for a couple of weeks. Check back into school and when the cops try to interrogate, start rubbing your temples and talk about traumatic childhood memories. That'll show em!

If all else fails, you can resort to Plan B:

Shop around for another school...NC State licks donkey balls anyway.

ego

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've got caught to. And, to be honest with you, it felt real good. Why? Because, I knew that very moment that some **** was coming to an end.

Like 24-7 paranoia, 100% focus on money instead of things that really makes me happy, and bull****ting to everyone around me about what I was doing.

Anyways, I talked my way out of the most of it, didn't go to jail. But, I had to pay back a lot.

Not that funny, but that's life - it goes up and down.

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Knowing that most people here will simply give whatever advice without consulting the law, I looked up the state statutes and, either way, what you face is a “Class 2 misdemeanor”, which means you face up to six months in jail and hefty fines (by college student standards). I am not a lawyer, which you may want to consult one, but here is what I always suggest to people: be honest, accept a plea bargain, and plead guilt. Prosecutors have a motto which goes “You take our time, we take your time.” If you are straight up, the better for you and the lesser the penalties. Also, think of the consequences if you lie. The police probably have enough physical evidence to link you to the bathroom, if they wanted to bust you for lying about lying; they could send in forensics and link your footprint to the smashed wooden door; if you touched any part of the bathroom stall, they have your fingerprints; and considering how prevalent are video cameras, you may have been videotaped such as when bolting from the bathroom. Furthermore, what if this guy came forward and claimed you battered him in the bathroom? The police already have a confession from you. Now you would be facing far serious problems.

JohnJones

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am a lawyer, and I think you should get one and go through the "options". The criminal charges I assume are less threatening because they have no victim clearly in front of them (though that does not stop them from bringing a charge; they are simply less likely to).

Any academic fallout is what you should be looking at now, and counsel may be able to help you there (like kids who get into fist fights at football games).

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just wrote a big post and was almost done with the last paragraph and my damn power went out.

But basically, bottom line: call up a couple of attorneys in your area. The charges you could face are pretty serious. But when it all comes down to it, I think the biggest concern isn't with the criminal penalties unless the guy comes forward. I think the main concern will be with the school officials. See if you can figure out who is responsible for making decisions about academic code of conduct violations, and see if you can get some leniency. Particularly explain that you want to get into the school of dentistry and don't want this incedent to ruin your entire life. It might not work, but it's worth a try.

If all else fails, you could go to the WWE and become a professional wrestler: "The Dentist"™. And your catchphrase could be, "I'm gonna knock your teeth in!"

Or something.

BigDawg

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: i'm doomed...

Originally posted by h2o
i go to nc state.
i called up a defense lawyer a few minutes ago, and he told me about different options...but then again, once you hire a criminal defense attorney, odds are against you because you just "must" be guilty. of course, i am, but not of something that couldn't be overlooked.

seriously, has no one here ever been in a criminal situation? i find it hard to believe that you guys are just so "good"? please give me some comfort.

h2o, I graduated from NCSU back in 2002. I had a "run in" with campus police once, in which I was accused of possessing stolen property. The whole thing was a misunderstanding and it was worked out. The cops were pretty reasonable. But until I could get my story corroborated, it was a bit frustrating.

In addition to speaking to a defense attorney, have you spoken to Student Legal Services? They might be able to give you some advice, too, and they don't cost you anything.

DjDreamer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Don Ronny
This one's a no-brainer.

1. Hit yourself in the head with a 2x4, hard enough to leave a nice welt, but not so hard to give a concussion (practice on small children if you are unsure)

2. Check yourself into a hospital and pretend to have amnesia.

3. When the cops try to grill you, just say you don't know who you are, or why they are dressed so funny.

4. Lay low for a couple of weeks. Check back into school and when the cops try to interrogate, start rubbing your temples and talk about traumatic childhood memories. That'll show em!

If all else fails, you can resort to Plan B:

Shop around for another school...NC State licks donkey balls anyway.
:crackup:

Yeah h20, it seems as if you'll have to do a little acting...

seabreeze

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
H2O,

1. Get a lawyer ASAP!

2. Go to the police, tell them that you went back into the bathroom because you were so upset and shaken up that you became ill and needed to vomit. When you went back in, the guy was still there, you yelled at him and he came at you. You were defending yourself and the door fell off during the MUTUAL altercation that you were in.

3. Remind the University that YOU were a victim and that you have a 3.8 gpa (magna *** laude, Phi Beta Kappa territory) and if they attempt to kick you out for this you will sue their asses off. AND MEAN IT, get a lawyer ASAP.

4. Tell the university that you have plans to go to graduate school (Don't worry, if you have the right test scores and GPA graduate schools are VERY forgiving of past undergrad behavior) and you refuse to let this one incident ruin your future career plans. tell them that if they attempt to do it, you will sue them for the money that you would possibly make as a dentist. Tell them you feel like you are suffering from reverse discrimination and you will fight it.

5. Apologize profusely for getting into a fight with the perpertrator, but remind them that you have NO history of violent behavior.

6. Pray. Hard.
SB:(

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If it wasn't for meddling morons on this forum who have delusions of being a cop/lawyer, this never would have happened. You threatened the guy into turning himself in even tho it was none of your f'in business, and now he's in a situation where it can potentially ruin his life.

And what the f*ck did you get out of it? The satisfaction of scaring some kid on the internet? You're pathetic. And now you are joking around with him saying that if he doesn't get into dental school, he should be a wrestler? You're a P.O.S.

edit - h2o, your mailbox is full

seabreeze

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gio,

I have to agree with MindOverMatter on this one (except the POS part). I think you over reacted and were very judgmental of H2O. It adds injury to insult for you to make fun of him.

Like you said, this is his life and it is very serious. Nobody's perfect...
SB:(