Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I'm becoming increasingly uncomfortable with drinking milk. Thoughts?

Veréngárda

Banned
Reaction score
The more I think about it, the more I don't ever want to buy milk again.

****'s meant for babies.. of other species. I get that we alter it slightly from how it comes out but that doesn't make it any better for me.

Imagine someone keeping human milk in their fridge and drinking it. "Indirect breastfeeding," I believe is the honest way of putting it.

Also, again, I understand that we have evolved to be able to process it better. ALSO, also, again, that doesn't help. If anything, that makes it even more ****ed to me.

Finally, just to nip this in the bud, I'm not a vegan. No way in hell I'm abandoning my love of pork meat.

behimo

Don Juan
Reaction score
milk has all 20 amino acids, building blocks to your body.
milk is better than diet soda, soda, juice etc...
get fairlife skim milk. 13g of protein 6g carbs no fat.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Verengarda,
Stayed in an Old Chinese Guys house for a couple of Months,he drank a large glass of Full Creme Milk for breakfast every day,plus a boiled Egg,he lived to be 110...Having weighed up the evidence I drink better than a Pint of Skim every day and have four egg yolks a week,what do you Guys think of Grass fed Cheddar Cheese?

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I don't normally drink milk, I have switched to coconut milk. However if I do, it is only from 100% free range, organic grass fed cows. Beef is the same. The bigger the animals, the more important it is to eat/drink organic.

Milk is among the worst things you can put into your body otherwise. It's pretty disgusting if you knew the sickly cows that are providing it and how much pus and other nasty things are allowed to be in it.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
I try to not consume any lactose, red meat, or wheat during the morning and noons. Sometimes I try them at evening.

RickTheToad

Reaction score

****'s meant for babies.. of other species. I get that we alter it slightly from how it comes out but that doesn't make it any better for me.

Imagine someone keeping human milk in their fridge and drinking it. "Indirect breastfeeding," I believe is the honest way of putting it.

Also, again, I understand that we have evolved to be able to process it better. ALSO, also, again, that doesn't help. If anything, that makes it even more ****ed to me.

Finally, just to nip this in the bud, I'm not a vegan. No way in hell I'm abandoning my love of pork meat.
Drink Almond Milk then. It's healthier and tastes better.

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

It is not very a smart choice.
Because milk is a source of lo good things among those a great source of calcium which you bones need to stay strong. Just like cheese. But milk is less fat than cheese though so its better choice.
You can add it to your tea or coffee if you don't like drinking it directly.

leonnyy

Reaction score
Your feelings are understandable if you are allergic to lactose. Many people have it and cannot enjoy milk. You can, and why not? The above is how you can replace it.

Slowhandluke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We do a lot of inhumane things to animals so we don't starve.... in other news, water is wet.

It's a personal choice to drink milk or not. Like it's a personal choice to eat veal or not... or eat beef in general. Just be happy that we are the apex predator.

Milk is very healthy though and I drink it. What I tend to stay away from are sugars.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Drink Almond Milk then. It's healthier and tastes better.
Almond milk tends to be reactive in some people...coconut milk is a better choice in general
Coconuts are very high in saturated fat.

Almond milk is delicious and very easy to make homemade. All you need is a strainer, blender, almonds, water, and whatever kind of sugar or flavoring you wish. Homemade is great; no preservatives.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score

Almond milk is delicious and very easy to make homemade. All you need is a strainer, blender, almonds, water, and whatever kind of sugar or flavoring you wish. Homemade is great; no preservatives.
Saturated fat is actually good for you or at worst neutral...the studies that "showed" those were bad was a very poorly designed study done in the 50s or 60s where the author of the study basically came to a conclusion prior to doing the study and then made the study show this conclusion.

Basically it would have been laughed out of medical journals these days, like many other old studies that were done...the issue is it has taken 50-60 years for these original old studies to be questioned and redone properly once enough researchers started to realize that what they actually saw in real life did not support the conclusions of the study. Numerous follow up studies have been done to basically show the original conclusion they came to was nonsense.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I wouldn’t bet my life on that.
You don't have to, but there are far worse things people consume on a daily basis than that. Namely things that cause low grade chronic inflammation in them which leads to all kinds of issues over time.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You don't have to, but there are far worse things people consume on a daily basis than that. Namely things that cause low grade chronic inflammation in them which leads to all kinds of issues over time.
That is true. Again, I wouldn’t bet my life on it. Saturated fat raises LDL and total cholesterol. That part we know. The medical community advises keeping those lipid readings below their current published baseline. Until that consensus is proven otherwise, I wouldn’t bet my life on flaunting potential effects of consuming high saturated foods in excess.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
That is true. Again, I wouldn’t bet my life on it. Saturated fat raises LDL and total cholesterol. That part we know. The medical community advises keeping those lipid readings below their current published baseline. Until that consensus is proven otherwise, I wouldn’t bet my life on flaunting potential effects of consuming high saturated foods in excess.
That's the old studies conclusion which has been shown to be false. It's actually slightly helpful towards cholesterol numbers or at worst neutral.

Additionally the focus has come off of cholesterol as the main problem people should be worried about and been found that triglyceride levels are a far greater indicator of health risk.

The medical community typically is very slow to change and you would be shocked at how many doctors will tell you things that they learned 40 years ago as facts that have been shown to not be true.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's the old studies conclusion which has been shown to be false. It's actually slightly helpful towards cholesterol numbers or at worst neutral.
Dude, the global consensus in the medical community right now is that LDL cholesterol is bad, and saturated fat does indeed raise LDL. Until that is proven to be incorrect advise, it’s not prudent to contradict it.

If you can eat coconut products, red meat, and butter all you want and still have optimal LDL cholesterol numbers knock yourself out. For the many people who can’t, it is prudent to limit Saturated Fat intake.

Additionally the focus has come off of cholesterol as the main problem people should be worried about and been found that triglyceride levels are a far greater indicator of health risk.

The medical community typically is very slow to change and you would be shocked at how many doctors will tell you things that they learned 40 years ago as facts that have been shown to not be true.
Triglycerides are also an indicator, sure. However, no cardiologist or dietician will advise a person with high LDL but normal triglycerides to start lathering up steaks with butter and drink coconut milk.

Folks, listen to your physician and dietician please.

RickTheToad

Reaction score

For the 1.50 to buy Almond Milk, I'll just buy it at the grocery. As for coconut milk, it's fine as the coconut milk is good for you; as is the fat. The fat comes from the MCT, which again, is good for you. I add MCT oil to my coffee.