"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

Im 30 shes 18. How do I play this?

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 18, 2015
Messages
10,538
Reaction score
8,538
Age
37
Teenagers are a waste of time. The 21 year old I dated drove me nuts. Constantly blowing up my phone and crying. She was amazing in bed though
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 24, 2010
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
3,796
I speak from experience (and judging from your posting behavior/question) we were probably a lot alike. I was in my 30's more than twenty years ago (I was 32 an she was 18).

There's a lot of talk on here about keeping your frame and I have to agree - especially when dealing with someone that is 2/3 your age.

Think about it. If you are uncertain and vying for her attention, then think of her victory/smugness. Here she is a 'young' gal and she has a (perceived) 'worldly man' seeking her out. It satisfies her ego and feelings of self-worth.

I'm not an advocate for exploiting weaknesses, but I *am* a proponent for leveling the playing field.... so here goes.

Do you want to convey to her that she is the prize (due to her age) or do you want to convey to her that you are the prize for being worldly and noticing her?

If she's acting flaky, let her know that it's okay and all, but that this would seem to indicate that she's not up to the level of what you expect. This way, you aren't putting her on the defense, but simply suggesting that her behavior is not something you are accustomed to.

She will either flake and you can move to another... or she will recognize that in order to maintain your attention, she will have to act accordingly.
 
Top