Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

If you could afford to retire at age 33, would you?

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've actually set a goal for myself to attain well into multi millionaire status within the next few years, so around 35-36, and I reasonably could retire by then. My original intent for pursuing this wealth was so that I would not have to be stuck in some 9-5 type grind that involves getting stuck in traffic commuting multiple days per week to a job that really doesn't interest me. However, with that said I also feel uncomfortable with the idea of having too much free time on my hands and not really having any sort of obligations. I feel that it has the potential to create a strange and unhealthy existence where you could become lazy and just put everything off for a later day, only to continue the procrastination. I'd want to still be doing something but I also wouldn't be working as much as I am now.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I've actually set a goal for myself to attain well into multi millionaire status within the next few years, so around 35-36, and I reasonably could retire by then. My original intent for pursuing this wealth was so that I would not have to be stuck in some 9-5 type grind that involves getting stuck in traffic commuting multiple days per week to a job that really doesn't interest me. However, with that said I also feel uncomfortable with the idea of having too much free time on my hands and not really having any sort of obligations. I feel that it has the potential to create a strange and unhealthy existence where you could become lazy and just put everything off for a later day, only to continue the procrastination. I'd want to still be doing something but I also wouldn't be working as much as I am now.
That's why you become involved with other things...except they are of your choosing not someone else's choosing.

I want endless options more than the money.

behimo

Don Juan
Reaction score
it all depends on your mindset.

the assumption that you want to retire early means you have a limit to your funds.

i can say with almost full certainty, your retirement will get boring after a few years because you will get tired of doing what ever you choose to do during that time.

i guess the answer you need to have, is what do you find fulfillment in? if you can stay fulfilled then you will be fine.

fulfillment/happiness is found in the 'process/transition' to your goal. once a goal is achieved you need another goal to find fulfillment/happiness again because once a goal is achieved you become stagnant.

so my question to you is why become a multi-millionaire to retire young? what's the purpose?

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I recommend against retirement.

Do get away from a JOB that you hate as soon as you can. Find a hobby or something you do enjoy that can earn some money. Enjoying life and getting compensated for that is a great goal.

It's very different being owner vs worker.

The formula is to spend less than you earn. What those numbers are are completely up to each person. If you are very busy and HAPPY earning small money then you don't have time to worry about not having more, and may not even care. When we tell that we need 1 or 5 or 10m to retire... it will not be enough.

jaygreenb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And if you are past 33, would you retire now if you could afford to?
If you had the drive to be able to achieve that at 33 you most likely aren't built to sit around all day. Most people I know who are able to retire early typically move from the owner/operator entrepreneur class which requires a lot of sweat equity to the investor class that requires a lot of capital and assets. They have a lot more freedom from not running the day to day operations of business but still have their hands in different investments and opportunities. Personally, I always have to be working on something and improving to feel a sense of fulfillment but would move to more passion projects

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are many things to consider here, because this is a bit of a loaded question.

Personally, if I didn't have to work again the rest of my life, I would thrive.

However, this is not the case for most people, since they derive all of their meaning and self-worth from their work, so busting your ass in the prime of your life (<50) is retarded because you'll be wasting your time and energy pointlessly. Most peoples life post-retirement is abysmal, because they end it in a state of poor health, with no real hobbies or passions or interests or meaningful relationships.

While the idea of working hard early and investing early is obviously smart, for a lot of people, I suspect that this goal to retire is ultimately detrimental for the reasons I outlined above.

I personally would rather work not-too-stressful jobs that don't rob me of my time and energy, so that I can pursue other goals outside of work (side businesses, projects, fitness, hobbies, whatever) That said, if I had the opportunity to retire now, I certainly would, but that's because I already have well-established, active long-term goals that don't relate to money at all.

Besides, I don't think that having "retirement level" money is necessarily a good thing, because it will give you the illusion that you've "arrived" and will then think you have nothing left to do with your life. The reality is that making money is just one small part of what's truly important in life, and if you make money-earning your only real goal, you'll completely waste your time.

Last edited:

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
Let's say you're 33 and a multi-millionaire and you retire. What are you going to do with yourself for the next 40+ years? There's only so many posts and threads one can read on SoSuave.
Don't you have hobbies and interests? You can travel and bang new women everyday.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Retiring" at 33 can work if you have rewarding passions you can pursue. Most people don't, which is a big reason why lottery winners end up the way they do. You want to find your passion first, and not assume that you will fall into one.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Don't you have hobbies and interests? You can travel and bang new women everyday.
I hate travel. I prefer to work (12+ days, ER hospital) and expand my side hustle which is buying real estate. In the cold, I'd normally go skiing or such; but it's been bitterly cold in New England; like in the negatives or single digits. I would usually bowl, tennis or play pool; but this COVID thing has made these things nearly impossible in Connecticut. Forget about MMA. My gym closed down again due to COVID issues. It's unreal. I'm upgrading my gym in the basement to be a one-stop shop for everything I need.

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
I hate travel. I prefer to work (12+ days, ER hospital) and expand my side hustle which is buying real estate. In the cold, I'd normally go skiing or such; but it's been bitterly cold in New England; like in the negatives or single digits. I would usually bowl, tennis or play pool; but this COVID thing has made these things nearly impossible in Connecticut. Forget about MMA. My gym closed down again due to COVID issues. It's unreal. I'm upgrading my gym in the basement to be a one-stop shop for everything I need.
My average day:
Gym
Eat
Hustle
Gym
Hustle
Gym
Hustle
Eat
Gym
Gym
Buy Crypto
Get out of bed
Start the day.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I'm considering quitting my job to trade crypto futures within the next two or three months. Just want to see that the success I am having will be able to be sustained for more than a month. A 3 to 4 month track record should be more than enough data. I expect that I will become even better than I am currently which should make it a no brainer

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I'm considering quitting my job to trade crypto futures within the next two or three months. Just want to see that the success I am having will be able to be sustained for more than a month. A 3 to 4 month track record should be more than enough data. I expect that I will become even better than I am currently which should make it a no brainer