Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Idea for older DJ's

DiamondMind

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by gentleman193

Anyway, those are just some ideas. I'm wondering if anyone has any interest in making a new forum for the 21 - 39 crowd.
I'd welcome an over 30 forum wholeheartedly. Guys at this point in their lives have quite different priorities and ideas about relationships than guys in their 20's.

DiamondMind

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Eileen
That would depend, Don. I am fully self-sufficient. I have my own job, pay my own bills, keep my own house and I don't want children.
Your my dream come true!

How old are you :) ?

DiamondMind

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by coldcoal

Of course, how it is done varies, but either way there is one bottom line: Do you want advice from a 15 year old on how to court a wife? Do you want to achieve a James Bond-like suave via the advice of a 17 year old that talks homie?

However it was portrayed, wasn't that the point of this thread?
Exactly why I'd like a 30+ forum...I'd welcome a little more maturity and experience at sosuave, like it was when I first joined a couple of years ago.

DiamondMind

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Charisma
You should realise that they won't regret a single minute spent on making music, they at least did it for a purpose, and loved every single minute togheter.
No, they won't regret a single minute making music.

They will have regrets when they are in thier late 30's-early 40's and still have nothing to show for 20+ years of playing music.

They will realize the clock is starting to wind down, and are thinking of how and when they can 'retire' with a quality lifestyle, and perhaps regret not making better decisions or using their time more wisely and applying themselves.

I know several musicians who are now becoming very worried now that they realize they partied away the last couple of decades, are not likely to 'make it', and have no other life skills to see them thru to thier old age...this bums me out as most are extremely talented, great musicians, players, and people...it's a shame they never were able to 'pull it all together' and just whiled away the weekends playing rock and roll to survive (and just barely surviving too).

Have a backup plan....always!

Last edited:

gentleman193

Don Juan
Reaction score
Gen X Forum

Okay, so there probably aren't enough of us for a lively forum yet, but let's use this thread to see if quality trumps quantity. There is general agreement that the game evolves at this stage. Now we've got the holiday season here and I know what I want under my christmas tree :).

So, what venues are you guys using? I've hit some local bars, posted a personals ad, dropped in at a networking group, met friends of friends going out, did an x-mas party, and hit up some chicks in the building (actually I used EC and they hit on me). But I haven't found the right chemistry for that hot holiday fling yet. I've thought about singles club events b/c they look fun but the mere idea of meeting a woman who is desperate to meet a man . . . . Sunday is a Sierra club hike that may hold some opportunity but often is an older crowd. That one is mainly about getting out of doors.

One thing I noticed was a wine bar. Anyone try one of these? There was a gorgeous blonde chatting up a guy when I walked by, the place was subdued which plays to verbal strengths, but I didn't have the balls to go in there alone, mainly b/c I don't know **** about wine. "Yeah, I'll have a half-flight of .... house." Of course, that could be an opening if used right . . .

Another good venue ought to be department stores. I despise them myself. So would my ideal woman. But for a fling, could work. The approaches are obvious, "So another espresso maker, eh?" Or some such. But often times you get women shopping in pairs and a girls night out attitude. I've found you can approach them if you think of yourself as a sales guy, b/c think about it, sales guys approach everybody, why shouldn't you, but you have to have your game on for that.

Finally, I thought of joining a gym again. Currently use my apt. to work out, save cash and time. And I never really did a gym PU. But, maybe it's time to change that. Not convinced gym is where it's at though. Did meet a chick in karate class one time. But I've got about two weeks to pull things off and want to aim for max bang for the buck.

Eileen, where would we find you in a flirty mood around the holidays? Walden, what is your holiday game plan?

SeldomSeen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
How about

a 25 and up forum. I'm thirty and some years added to that. LOL I've been dating around for a long time but I'm not the type to settle down. I still date women 21 and up but every year it seems like things change. Keep yourself young though..thats what I've managed to do. People still card me, some mistake me for 24 or 25. Feel good

Eileen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Gen X Forum

Originally posted by gentleman193
Eileen, where would we find you in a flirty mood around the holidays? Walden, what is your holiday game plan?
I have a close network of friends who work in the entertainment business. (Club/restaurant openings, small music productions that kind of thing.) I attend many of those events especially around the holidays. Opening nights attract very interesting people. I've taken up with a ski club recently too. What a kick in the knickers that is!

Normally, I do what interests me and meet people along the way. I oft times leave my friends behind and go solo. More so for activities than to bars or clubs as I don't feel safe going to those places alone.

I took a cooking class once that was very fun. There was a good mix of men and women there. It was very social, very useful and very yummy.

danziger

Don Juan
Reaction score
Long time lurker, first time poster...

A 25+ forum would be great, I get a bit of a laugh when I look at someone who is a "senior don juan" but barely scraping 17...no offence guys! I agree with whoever said the game changes the older you get. I know I look for different things now then I used to...and the opportunity to discuss that with people in roughly the same age group would be good.

Hope to chat to more of you on here soon.

Dan

Big Pappy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would welcome a 25+ or a 30+ forum.

Herein lies the catch: We have a high school forum. I really can't tell from some of the posts we see. Why not seperate it by social position instead. For example: High School; College and Graduate School; Professional and Blue Collar ?

Because, I'm sure that me being in grad school at my age (30+) would let me enter both worlds. I date 'em young and old. Why cut off my advise and or plea for same based solely on age?

Heck, maybe it ought to be based on the womans' age. Lord knows that most of us are pretty immature anyway!

DonCruez

Don Juan
Reaction score
No. I won't live with a bloke. Either we are both committed and sure enough to marry or we've got no business living together. It's the statement of commitment that matters. (To me personally.) I guess to some are content with cohabitation but I feel that those who are have lingering doubts about either their own or their partners ability to stick with it should times get tough.
You're kidding yourself, you know. Marriage nowadays is as easy to get out of as cohabitation. It doesn't mean jack sh*t anymore. just look at the divorce rates.

BTW, are you a religious person of some sorts? "I won't live with a bloke"? *boggle* You mean, you won't live together with a guy before you're married? :confused:

No. You don't need to be married to experience these things but being committed to someone means you've committed yourself to share the good and the bad. If a bloke won't commit by being married that sends me a message. The message reads: If something goes wrong I want an easy out. That's not the type of bloke I want to invest my emotion on. I plan to give him more than that. Shouldn't I expect the same in return? .
Marriage HAS an easy way out. Welcome to the 21th century! ;)

You still haven't answered my original question: what does a man gain nowadays with marriage?
sex? no.
live-in SO? no (unless they are like you, but most women aren't)
cook? cleaner? No, because she'll also work)
security in case of a death of one of the partners? not necesary anymore to be married.
chances of an expensive divorce, even if she's the one that wants to leave? heck yeah.

net positives: none

Reaction score
What was the point of this thread again? Oh yeah - a forum for older dj's.

gentlemen193

Why not just post like all the others and see who is interested in the topic. Like you just did - you are getting responses and views.

Isn't it this young inexperienced crowd that needs our guidance the most. Should we abandon them in their most dire hour of need?

Let us start threads with more significance!

Chewy Bagel

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow. A forum where I can get advice from someone who understands my situation? Naw, to practical ;)

Another forum you might want to check out is www.seductionbb.com - very mature people with great advice and ideas. I'll probably make it my new home as this place is overrun with high school kids, college freshman, and random others.

DiamondMind

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DonCruez

You still haven't answered my original question: what does a man gain nowadays with marriage?
sex? no.
live-in SO? no (unless they are like you, but most women aren't)
cook? cleaner? No, because she'll also work)
security in case of a death of one of the partners? not necesary anymore to be married.
chances of an expensive divorce, even if she's the one that wants to leave? heck yeah.

net positives: none
I must agree with the above; if your not into having kids, etc., I really don't see the point of getting married either. Both men and women can take care of themselves, and don't 'need' each other to survive like they did in years past.

I read this quote somewhere that I thought was interesting:

"I don't need a woman to cook, clean, sew my buttons, or otherwise take care of me in any way. All that a woman can offer me is her personality and character, and thats why I'm still single".....:D

Eileen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DonCruez
BTW, are you a religious person of some sorts? "I won't live with a bloke"? *boggle* You mean, you won't live together with a guy before you're married? :confused:
I'm not religious at all. And no, I won't live together with a man.

What's the benefit of living together?

Golden Arms

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

You'll save rent money for one thing
If you have pets and go out of town on business, he can take care of them
It's convenient, in other words

Chewy Bagel

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

It's less expensive living for both partners. Save money on rent (or mortgage), food, electric, laundry, cable, phone, insurance (if your agent will let you both on the same policy), gas (driving back and fourth between each others place), etc.

There are many benefits to living together - it's just like marriage, but w/ out the contract. I've lived with my gf for 3.5 years.

OddTech

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a good topic. At this stage of my life, I am confused about whether to "settle down" or not. Perhaps I will never marry, I don't know. Certainly the fear of divorce and the emotional rollercoaster that could happen from it are thwarting me. The women's movement have severely affected guys like me.

I came from a very traditional and stable family, so I see the greatness in family bonding and family love. I grew up in an Italian neighborhood where divorce where never heard of. I wish for that in my future, but I don't see it yet. I haven't been able to find a woman that is good WIFE material. Yes, I've met girls who are good Girlfriend material, but not wife. There is a difference. In my definition of a wife, I am talking about someone to be a good mother and a good caregiver for the family. Someone who is LOYAL. I'm not even requiring her to cook and clean. But at this current time, I haven't met any yet.

Rant off.

fm2

Don Juan
Reaction score
Put me in for a 25+ or 30+ forum as well. (I'm 34.)

I was married before and it was great!!!! We always a great time together, we shared all the stuff that had to get done around the house, it's nice to always come home to somebody you love, and the sex was still great even after 8 yrs together. It would still be great now except that she died from Cystic Fibrosis 2.5 yrs ago:(

I'd say I can't wait to be married again, except that I CAN wait because it takes so long to find the right person again. Or maybe she's just around the corner :cool:

I usually tell married people to stay married as the dating scene just sucks A$$. Although finding websites like this one actually makes it fun again, so there you go.

You people that are worried about marriage leading to divorce, stay single. You have a negative idea about it, so it'll end up as a self fulfilling prophecy. Or you just haven't met the person that'll change your way of thinking yet.