Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I want to be a father one day...

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To me, 'genuinely want kids' is not a satisfactory answer to the question of why.
All due respect, if it's what he wants, he doesn't need to justify it to anyone. I for one don't care what another man's reasons are, that's up to him.

We make choices to pursue happiness. I know that's not very "logical" sounding. Ideally the choices are made logically but based on the happiness we aspire to. The fact is, a man can factor whatever he wants into the decision (overpopulation, fear of cuckoldry, whatever), but ultimately the decision is still his and what's best for himself.

I think you're worried about someone else's motivations, but it's not your problem, you know? Just like you wouldn't want him judging your decisions.

Like I said, how we quantify whether he's a success or failure is extremely subjective.
Again, I'm more of the "to each his own" school of thought. Generally I believe a person is a success who is pursuing his goals in life, engaged in whatever processes that entails. Whether that's career, hobbies, or family, it's about what he wants, not what I think he should be. That's my $.02 anyway.

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
... but my biggest concern in life is having a kid with the wrong woman. How do I handle this desire given my concern?

I'm 26 years old, and ever since my nephew was born ten years ago and spent the first 2 years of life in the same house as me, I've wanted to raise a kid of my own one day.

I'm not in a rush to have a kid, I'm only 26, but if I ended up dating a woman for long enough who had ideal motherly qualities and the compatibility to be a long-term partner, I wouldn't be against having one in a few years. I have 1 year of university left so I'd like to finish that and have a few years making money before I settle down with someone.

I know there's a few guys on this forum who've got married, or had a kid with a woman, and it didn't work out (perhaps it was an amicable split or the guy simply knocked up an idiot with a vag!na), but they still are proud to be a father nonetheless. Obviously hindsight is 20/20 and there will always be uncertainty, but I'd like to have the mom in the picture to raise the kid alongside me.

I'm not really interested in marriage or finding a unicorn, but I feel two married individuals who are on the same page on parenting would provide the best environment for a kid to grow up in, and for that reason, I would consider marriage.

I've been with a decent amount of women already by age 26, and the novelty and conquest of new women is starting to wear off. Sex alone doesn't interest me anymore. Most women I've met are the furthest thing from intellectually stimulating, with the ones worth the companionship are few and far between...

I guess there's a worry within me that I won't come across a woman worth having a kid with, however, living in that mind-set seems unproductive and like it would become a self-fulfilling prophecy. But my fear to have a kid with the WRONG woman is so much stronger than my desire to have a kid to begin with, I'd probably just opt out if I don't find an ideal woman.

At the end of the day, having a kid isn't my purpose or sole ambition in life, so if it doesn't happen because I don't find a suitable mate, then so be it. I wouldn't settle for having a kid with sh!tty woman and let that be my life for 18 years.

TL;DR ... I want to be a father and raise my own kid one day. Wondering the smartest way to approach this desire given the current marketplace and female proclivities these days. In no rush, and I'm not willing to sacrifice on the quality of a woman just for the sake of having a kid, so I can accept it if it doesn't happen... although I really look forward to potential fatherhood. Thoughts?
That is a genuine concern a lot of men have. Typically, a concern more common in men 35+. So yes, you are still young and plenty of time ahead of you.

You say you lived with your nephew for the first 2 years of his life. So I sense you believe that you think you have a good grasp on what having a kid means. But it'd be wise to reconsider that as it is a huge responsibility It involves so many factors that you may have been blinded to and did not get to see after those 2 years that should be considered.

Children are a blessing and of course, bring so much joy but its not all peachy. We don't know what you do for work and what your career/profession looks like but having the right woman to have a child with might be the least of your concerns. Make sure you get to live your life fully and accomplish all you want to accomplish first. Grow, experience, travel, etc, etc. We believe that no male before the age of 33-35 should settle down until they have their s**t together. And we mean together, not just a steady job.

As per the ideal woman, that's a myth. No one is perfect and you will encounter many flaws in whatever woman you choose. Just like you have yours. Take your time exploring your options, and let it happen naturally.

And if that really is a huge concern which you cannot get passed thru, and depending on your views on the world and the future of humanity, but there are many, many, many, maaaaaaannny children that would love getting adopted. And maybe being a single dad might be your thing. Who knows.

Ultimately, it is absolutely up to you and you alone. You decide. It is YOUR life.

Cheers,
Modern Man Advice

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All due respect, if it's what he wants, he doesn't need to justify it to anyone. I for one don't care what another man's reasons are, that's up to him.

We make choices to pursue happiness. I know that's not very "logical" sounding. Ideally the choices are made logically but based on the happiness we aspire to. The fact is, a man can factor whatever he wants into the decision (overpopulation, fear of cuckoldry, whatever), but ultimately the decision is still his and what's best for himself.

I think you're worried about someone else's motivations, but it's not your problem, you know? Just like you wouldn't want him judging your decisions.

Again, I'm more of the "to each his own" school of thought. Generally I believe a person is a success who is pursuing his goals in life, engaged in whatever processes that entails. Whether that's career, hobbies, or family, it's about what he wants, not what I think he should be. That's my $.02 anyway.
We're sharing opinions here, there's no one right answer, so in that we agree.

I'm not asking him to justify it to anyone but himself, because that'll give him the confidence to be a better father.

If me telling someone to thoroughly question their motivations and sharing my opinion offends you then good. Discourse is a catalyst for growth.

What your fellow man does, his motivations, and his decisions, absolutely affect the society you both make up. It's in your best interest to understand him and advise for rational decision making.

He is well aware that he can have kids and do whatever he wants. The entire point of this thread is to explore the implications of it all and get a wide range of perspectives.

Not everyone is seeking happiness at all costs. Like you said, ideally decisions are logical and sound, so we should strive for it. I believe a big reason for this thread is to get feedback and get closer to that ideal.

Not sure why I sense friction from you, we're saying a lot of the same things.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We're sharing opinions here, there's no one right answer, so in that we agree.

I'm not asking him to justify it to anyone but himself, because that'll give him the confidence to be a better father.

If me telling someone to thoroughly question their motivations and sharing my opinion offends you then good. Discourse is a catalyst for growth.

What your fellow man does, his motivations, and his decisions, absolutely affect the society you both make up. It's in your best interest to understand him and advise for rational decision making.

He is well aware that he can have kids and do whatever he wants. The entire point of this thread is to explore the implications of it all and get a wide range of perspectives.

Not everyone is seeking happiness at all costs. Like you said, ideally decisions are logical and sound, so we should strive for it. I believe a big reason for this thread is to get feedback and get closer to that ideal.

Not sure why I sense friction from you, we're saying a lot of the same things.
Nah, no friction at all, I think maybe my tone came off wrong.

You're right, no man is an island. But I think society functions best when each person is doing what's best for himself. That can mean a lot of things to a lot of different people. E.g., someone may choose not to have kids because he doesn't want to add to overpopulation - this makes him happier than having kids would. When I say happy, I don't mean walking around with a grin on your face all the time, but doing what pleases you. Once you start doing things for other people's reasons, misery ensues.

And I don't mean you shouldn't listen to advice. But even if someone gives you great advice, you still have to accept it or reject it, if that's what you want. So once it's yours, it's yours.

To that end, I think the best attitude to have is that not everyone will want the same things I want, and vice versa. I do think the biggest challenge is expecting people to make well-educated decisions.

TheProspect

Reaction score
@EyeOnThePrize @samspade

I've found both of your contributions to this topic interesting & insightful, as well as your discussion between each other.

In my case, I'd agree that my motivation to have kids is not completely rational. But most of our decisions in life aren't always perfectly rational, we're humans not robots and we decide to do things with a lot less logic than we'd like to admit.

I'm not concerned with any moral implications about not approaching fatherhood in a rational & utilitarian way. If I decided to ultimately have a kid, it'll be me raising my own kid. I have zero interest in adoption. Frankly I don't care if wanting to father and raise my own seed is selfish.

I enjoyed the fact that my nephew was related to me by blood. I enjoyed the aspects of teaching him and seeing him learn and grow through the years, but I don't cling and hold onto the experience. I don't see myself feeling unfulfilled if it doesn't happen with a kid of my own. My nephew is nearly 14 now, and these days, for reasons beyond my immediate influence, I haven't had much contact with him the last 6+ years – and I'm content with that. I enjoyed the experience while it lasted, and moved on when it ended. I don't necessarily feel a desire to actively recreate the experience, I have other priorities right now in my life that take centerstage.

To clarify (if it wasn't clear already), my interest in becoming a father is a want, not a need. It's not my purpose or endgame. I personally don't see it, in my case, filling a void neither. If I'm 90, and had the choice of reliving my life and having the experience of fathering and raising a child versus not having that experience, I'd pick having the experience.

Men who desire kids could uncover some questionable motives to have them by thoroughly examining their intentions and reasons why, and I concede it could serve their futures well to bring that to their attention. I don't deny that...

I get the importance of determining the motivation to have a kid, or figuring out the why, I really do... And I'm also aware that most reasons for fatherhood could just be biology backwards rationalizing an underlying function to propagate genes... but in my opinion, such level of analysis is of little use in my case because I have little interest in why I want to be a father. I guess, however, in my case I'm interested more in how to go about in a mindful way given the female marketplace.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, my desire to become a father doesn't mean I will do so at all costs. It should be without saying that proper vetting and careful consideration would be done before such a decision.

I guess if I had to quickly TL;DR my post and explain the superficial why of me wanting to be a father I would say:

I am interested in biologically fathering my own child with an ideal enough women, because I think I would enjoy the experience of raising a kid, and that I would find fatherhood an intrinsically rewarding chapter of my life.

With the purpose of the thread being: How do I approach that voluntary desire given the female marketplace?

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Respect your opinion but I can tell the difference between a RPilled guy and a guy who is just RPill aware just by what comes out his mouth. I dont see Rian as vanilla at all. He may be selling a product and thats fine but the message is the just of it for me. How all of us apply RP is going to very because there is no one set way for all guys.
He is ex army I think. Not a bad guy. Less annoying then Rollo lulz. What dies Ryan sell? I don't get the live in gf but not married thing. Pretty much the same thing.

Do you have kids?

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@EyeOnThePrize @samspade

I've found both of your contributions to this topic interesting & insightful, as well as your discussion between each other.

In my case, I'd agree that my motivation to have kids is not completely rational. But most of our decisions in life aren't always perfectly rational, we're humans not robots and we decide to do things with a lot less logic than we'd like to admit.

I'm not concerned with any moral implications about not approaching fatherhood in a rational & utilitarian way. If I decided to ultimately have a kid, it'll be me raising my own kid. I have zero interest in adoption. Frankly I don't care if wanting to father and raise my own seed is selfish.

I enjoyed the fact that my nephew was related to me by blood. I enjoyed the aspects of teaching him and seeing him learn and grow through the years, but I don't cling and hold onto the experience. I don't see myself feeling unfulfilled if it doesn't happen with a kid of my own. My nephew is nearly 14 now, and these days, for reasons beyond my immediate influence, I haven't had much contact with him the last 6+ years – and I'm content with that. I enjoyed the experience while it lasted, and moved on when it ended. I don't necessarily feel a desire to actively recreate the experience, I have other priorities right now in my life that take centerstage.

To clarify (if it wasn't clear already), my interest in becoming a father is a want, not a need. It's not my purpose or endgame. I personally don't see it, in my case, filling a void neither. If I'm 90, and had the choice of reliving my life and having the experience of fathering and raising a child versus not having that experience, I'd pick having the experience.

Men who desire kids could uncover some questionable motives to have them by thoroughly examining their intentions and reasons why, and I concede it could serve their futures well to bring that to their attention. I don't deny that...

I get the importance of determining the motivation to have a kid, or figuring out the why, I really do... And I'm also aware that most reasons for fatherhood could just be biology backwards rationalizing an underlying function to propagate genes... but in my opinion, such level of analysis is of little use in my case because I have little interest in why I want to be a father. I guess, however, in my case I'm interested more in how to go about in a mindful way given the female marketplace.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, my desire to become a father doesn't mean I will do so at all costs. It should be without saying that proper vetting and careful consideration would be done before such a decision.

I guess if I had to quickly TL;DR my post and explain the superficial why of me wanting to be a father I would say:

I am interested in biologically fathering my own child with an ideal enough women, because I think I would enjoy the experience of raising a kid, and that I would find fatherhood an intrinsically rewarding chapter of my life.

With the purpose of the thread being: How do I approach that voluntary desire given the female marketplace?
Tom Brady won more super bowls then franchises have. It's that rarity GOAT caliber star you must find in a female. Not a qb. A diamond in the rough.

The LEVEL OF game required today is stupid. The body count is retarded and western women are not wife nor mother material. I have approached 1000s of girls in my life. I have done more pickup in a single night in Ibiza then most men have in their life. The point isn't to toot my horn. On the contrary, you take Ls in pickup. I'm not trying to find a wife. I am trying to break her headboard. My point is that, I am putting in more work than fellas who actually want a wife and kids. Game is a lot of work. You need to work volume. Absurd amount of volume. wtf is the alternative?

I started this journey with the end in mind. I began seeking what you want when I was ignorant of female nature. After going full retard learning game, it's just not real life. the women can't cook or clean. Her body count is astronomical. The state is banking on divorce rape. the likelihood of cuckoldry and getting wrecked.

I would suggest that you work volume. Stack paper and cast a HUGE NET globally. The smp is a dumpster fire. Turning a ***** into a house wife is retarded. Lowering the bar is the height of stupidity. If anything RAISE THE BAR.

Approach lots. Stack paper. Be willing to pull globally and acknowledge that it may go nuclear. You may do everything right and she goes psycho. Be willing to hit the dooms day device. Btc everything across the globe and disappear or willingNess to literally incinerate everything should the time come. Cobra tate Style. Rot in jail before funding cuckoldry but I digress. @stringpuller is probably a better candidate for the topic.

I am still slinging D in pandemic and approaching.

Good for you man. I wasn't aware. You probably have the best amountof knowledge on the subject.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@EyeOnThePrize @samspade

I agree with you about raising my own seed. I'm not interested in adopting either. More power to those who do it. What I was trying to say earlier is that I see all acts as "selfish," because I don't consider selfish to be a bad trait. My cousin and her husband, for instance, can't have kids, so they adopted one, a disabled child in fact. I don't think the primary reason was to make the world a better place but to fulfill their desire to raise a child. But we make the world a better place when we make ourselves happy and pursue our desires. So if eventually having a child with the right woman makes you a better man, the world will be better off because of it.

Now, for the how. It circles back to the same basics of Sosuave. Screening and investing only in women that add to your life. Obviously this is for more than a plate, so it will take longer and you risk losing time with the wrong mother-to-be if it doesn't work out (women everywhere: cry us a river). It's probably good to have a checklist of criteria. She might not check all the boxes but if she hits most, it's a good start.

For me, her wanting to be a mom is a good start, but it isn't enough. I need her to want to have my kids. I think this is key. She should see you as a leader and capable of handling a family, not just as an accessory to her mommy dream. Some other important factors for me: She should have a strong work ethic, and a healthy perspective. That is, we all have day to day problems, but I like a girl who knows first world problems from real problems, if that makes sense.

There are plenty of exceptions to this, but it's been my experience that women I've met from somewhat rougher countries have their heads screwed on a little straighter. Almost every American (U.S.) woman I've dated has been some kind of head case, with a snide sense of sarcasm and a total buy-in to the Western anti-male doctrine. I'm sure there are some fine ones out there, maybe from rural areas, and I don't want to turn this into a foreign v. domestic thread. Just telling you my experience, whereas the women I've dated from Latin America, Eastern Europe and Asia were, on balance, much nicer and more respectful. (And no, they weren't destitute mail-order types. I mean women with educations and careers etc.)

For instance the girl I've been dating is from the Balkans. She's young but old enough to remember growing up around war and genocide. Luckily it didn't fukk her up - in fact she doesn't take much seriously because nothing could be worse than that. She also looks up to me and treats me like a king. Her family unit is intact and strong. You get the idea.

As for sailing the legal shoals of marriage/kids/divorce etc., I have no real answer for that. Lately I've been questioning whether marriage itself is essential for raising kids. Tax-wise, maybe.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wasnt intuitive enough to be a Rollo or an early adaptor or a writer of the RP but I was definitely smart enough to realize they were pointing out what was going on in my life that my upbringing masked. So in 2010 the changes started. Its always a work in progress.
I am a big advocate 0n approaching and game. I took value from rsd, Mystery MM, London day game model, and RooshV. I don't like what rubbish that is pua now. It doesn't dismiss the value that it once had but it needs to be field tested and implemented in the modern Era while EVOLVING to new times. Never be complete.

I personally think being a parent is great in the nuclear family but the way it is today is overrated. The kids are not yours after 5 years old unless you are Amish. The state owns them.
After Rollos new book, I did a deep dive into the works of John Walton. There's gospel about not sparing the rod. Similarly, there's a lot value to be digested. Women and men were once segregated in church. It was to uphold to a higher being. Today it's cucked outside maybe orthodox. To comeback full circle, Rollo dissects covenant marriage. outside of that following religious beliefs and valueso, I don't see any other reason. this and children is the best way forward but there's no going back

not to mention some people get obsessive OCD with their kids and make societies problems worse. This is why "Dog mom" stickers exist.

The bible said to not think to highly of your children for a reason. Our job is to raise law abiding citizens they are productive and not destructive.
The Asianso do it right. hard work, academics in the stem field and ivy league. Strong nuclear family. Shocker father's in the household. Pulling from the following areas are beneficial in contrast to the dumpster fire here. Still no guarantee but I bet the stats agree.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
D you have good views bro. The game never does end whether we marry or not. To me thats a good thing. The stakes are higher but hey Im ok with the risk of this current go around.
The early PUA still applies in your LTR they just look a little different.
I agree. Sadly rsd has fallen off a cliff. I miss the pickup content. The old archive was solid. I'm thinking that about the Time everyone left from Alex, Todd, and replacement like Luke was indications of the good times are over. I took monumental value from rsd especially Tyler and Julien. Todd too or even Natural Tim mid 2000s. the game has changed though I think the fundamentals are nonstop because it is rooted in our hind brain. women reciprocate to dark triad traits. women initiate 80% of divorce. they abandon ship later but the shift happens a long time ago. The culture changes and with it so does the game.

@TheProspect it's not a good time for men seeking the nuclear family. The smp is full of *****s and marriage to trash sets a rubbish precedent. I think foreign women are better candidates then the west but they merge with the culture. Women are born to follow.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Late to the game here. I would also like to be a father one day, that said I'm very glad that I never did have kids with any of my exes, because they've all turned out to be exes and I would probably be screwed by child support and having to stay put in the area for the rest of my life. Given the way things are going I'm very glad that I still have the freedom to move wherever I want.

You have to be brave/stupid to have kids in the US until family law changes, which is going to be never. The only other option is to be lucky enough to find a unicorn.

If I do have kids it's going to be in a country where divorce rape isn't a thing.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Late to the game here. I would also like to be a father one day, that said I'm very glad that I never did have kids with any of my exes, because they've all turned out to be exes and I would probably be screwed by child support and having to stay put in the area for the rest of my life. Given the way things are going I'm very glad that I still have the freedom to move wherever I want.

You have to be brave/stupid to have kids in the US until family law changes, which is going to be never. The only other option is to be lucky enough to find a unicorn.

If I do have kids it's going to be in a country where divorce rape isn't a thing.
The Tates are doing it right. the 2 are ride or die blood brothers. they Eiffel towered wannabe barbie Mik Peterson. rich. got Game. can fight. stated several places where men aren't ****ed by the state.

If divorce raped Tate said he would 1. BTC his brother or 2. incinerate everything. if men actually put their foot down, things would change. straight up I'd rot in jail before funding her ride on the carousel and cuckold.

I see 0 value in monogamy outside starting a family.

TheProspect

Reaction score
Currently I’m dating with only suitable mate qualifications in mind.
If you determine at some point a particular girl is no longer suitable after initial screening (a first date, etc), will you relegate her to a plate/ONS if she offers value in that regard, or will you just drop her altogether?

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you determine at some point a particular girl is no longer suitable after initial screening (a first date, etc), will you relegate her to a plate/ONS if she offers value in that regard, or will you just drop her altogether?
If I smash but she disqualifies herself for an LTR, I continue dating her if there is 100% initiation from her. I keep having sex with her as a plate until she asks for exclusivity (with which I decline) or I’m forced to decline a date due to schedule conflicts with more suitable prospects.

My most recent plate dismissed was in the picture for 11 months. She finally wised up and demanded exclusivity so I bid her farewell.

Last edited:

TheProspect

Reaction score
If I smash but she disqualifies herself for an LTR, I continue dating her if there is 100% initiation from her.
Gotcha, so basically you don't go out of your way to reach out and invest time in a chick whose disqualified from an LTR (whether she disqualifies herself, or you've determined she is not an ideal candidate for whatever reason).

That's pretty much the same approach I'm taking right now.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gotcha, so basically you don't go out of your way to reach out and invest time in a chick whose disqualified from an LTR (whether she disqualifies herself, or you've determined she is not an ideal candidate for whatever reason).

That's pretty much the same approach I'm taking right now.

Yes, @TheProspect I don’t do an interrogation like screening of any woman I haven’t smashed. My first few dates are more about compliance tests, attraction, and if we have fun. I don’t even screen them seriously until the physical chemistry is established. I also don’t ever “break up” with girls I have sex with until they give me a concrete reason to do so. I just let them do the pursuing.

Mazer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought at the age of twenty five I wanted a child. I also thought I wanted to be married. Now that I am forty-two years old, I’m glad I didn’t. I am financially set. I have the flexibility to go anywhere I want, anytime. For example, going on a three month European tour once Covid-19 fades. You can’t do these things when you have children. I have been called a selfish priick but I’m okay with that.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought at the age of twenty five I wanted a child. I also thought I wanted to be married. Now that I am forty-two years old, I’m glad I didn’t. I am financially set. I have the flexibility to go anywhere I want, anytime. For example, going on a three month European tour once Covid-19 fades. You can’t do these things when you have children. I have been called a selfish priick but I’m okay with that.
You can’t take any of those material things with you when you die.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You still can but it's not the same. One childhood bud is a hardcore survivalist type. Weapons training. Hand to hand combat. Survival packs ready to go. He is trad. He has a couple kids and a wife. He said only a couple was by choice. I asked why? He said, "if the bombs start dropping or shut kicked off, he grab both and run. What chills down my spine was when he said if he had a third, "one could be left behind." Refuses #3 because he couldn't carry a third and run.