Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I think there is something seriously wrong with cute girls that have fat and/or ugly friends.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have been noticing this over the years but we all know of the phenomenon in nightlife. Somewhat cute, at times even hot, girl goes out and she is with her fat ugly friend whose sole purpose is to ****block guys. Guys try to talk to the hot one and then the fat ugly one decides to destroy them. However, I have noticed something in a lot of these girls.

There is something seriously wrong with them on a mental and emotional level in most cases. A lot of them have major self-esteem issues and are downright insecure. They need the fat ugly friend to prop themselves up because another attractive women makes them insecure.

However, I have noticed the opposite in groups of hot girls that go out or a hot girl that goes out with her hot friend. Most of these girls are mentally and emotionally healthier than the odd cute girl that has fat and ugly friends she goes out with. Are we leaving an important stone unturned by not judging a girl based on her friends?

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, it's definitely a big red flag. The worst is when you see a bunch of mid, normal girls with 1 hot & slutty girl, there's 100% chance she's a narcissist with severe mental illness. I think in the reverse case, when you see a group of attractive girls with 1 fat chick (or what I see with gen Z girls, is cute white girls with an ugly black girl) they're doing it to feel gain morally superiority/savior complex, which is ultimately the based on same thing though: ego.

That said, I truly don't understand what the fat/ugly girl gains from such a relationship. I always love when you see a chick on OLD who shows nothing but group photos and you eventually deduce she's the ugliest girl in the photos...how the hell does she think that strategy could ever work?

I do not believe there's much nuance or grey area to this. Women rarely have genuine friendships, even with the same gender.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, it's definitely a big red flag. The worst is when you see a bunch of mid, normal girls with 1 hot & slutty girl, there's 100% chance she's a narcissist with severe mental illness. I think in the reverse case, when you see a group of attractive girls with 1 fat chick (or what I see with gen Z girls, is cute white girls with an ugly black girl) they're doing it to feel gain morally superiority/savior complex, which is ultimately the based on same thing though: ego.

That said, I truly don't understand what the fat/ugly girl gains from such a relationship. I always love when you see a chick on OLD who shows nothing but group photos and you eventually deduce she's the ugliest girl in the photos...how the hell does she think that strategy could ever work?

I do not believe there's much nuance or grey area to this. Women rarely have genuine friendships, even with the same gender.
This post is gold and arguably one of the best I have ever read on this forum. I know we are going against political correctness here but every blonde I have met, or hot white girl in general, that goes out with her Asian or Black friends who are clearly less attractive than her has some serious personality issues. She is using her friends to feel better about herself. It is almost like a walking red flag in a way.

mbc0029

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Could you game the fat girl? If nothing else, it seems like good practice.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As a chick I've never understood this either. As a HOT chick I should say rather.

I typically have girlfriends who are as attractive as I am. If I go out with a hot girlfriend its great. The men are typically interested in one of us more than the other and this has always worked well socially. I met my husband while out with my hottest girlfriend....she met her fiance whilst being out with me. We like different type guys so that is cool too.

I'm more Johnny Depp, she's more Ben Affleck (for example) and the men we are coupled up with reflect that.

I have some women friends who are objectively less attractive than I. Even now that I'm married, if I go out socially with someone not in the same looks league? The attention funnels toward me, and I end up trying to upsell guys on my friend. The men end up bummed that I'm already married and disappointed that my friend is the one whose available. That's not fun for anyone, including my girlfriend. So I rarely go out socially with her. It was so easy & fun with other attractive women.

Just this past weekend I was on the phone with this less attractive single friend and she was asking me what gives. I was explaining that the men she wants are the men every girl likes so the competition is fierce, and the sought after men pick from the prettiest, fittest women. She's in her early 60s and on the hippy side so she's going to have to lose 20 or 25 lbs. and work out and/or consider a man nearing or in his 70s, and she's going to have to quit expecting a silver fox Chad. I didn't tell her that bluntly of course, but I did explain to her that there ARE men who express interest in her.....

She's going to have to adjust her expectations. Nobody wants to face that. She doesn't; men who struggle here don't want to face that either.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
If the house isn’t selling you lower the price or pull off the market. A lot of men particularly black pillers need to internalize that as well.

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
Are we leaving an important stone unturned by not judging a girl based on her friends?
We are indeed. Hell, we do ourselves no favors by not also scrutinizing her family(especially her immediate one)and the sort of environment she grew up in also. Hood girls, Barrio broads, and trailer park chicks are almost universally lousy investments. Askmen once featured an article from Doc Love on this subject, prior to their going Woke in '16. Sadly, I'm unable to find and link it at the moment

Millard Fillmore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are we leaving an important stone unturned by not judging a girl based on her friends?
I think you may be on to something here. However I would still judge her by her actions/behavior, as I have also witnessed very nice attractive women who are super sweet to their less attractive friends and vv. I go by the old adage of watching how they treat waiters or other service industry workers as an indicator of bytchyness.

LTG71

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Women are in competition with each other. What a better ego boost than being the hottest chic in the group. It’s like rigging the game. The **** blocker will confirm that she is more desirable even though she gets nothing out of it. Covert strategy for an insecure woman. If they come across a hotter woman, they will try to disqualify her as a slut or critique her looks.

logicallefty

Reaction score
Women are in competition with each other. What a better ego boost than being the hottest chic in the group.
^ THIS. End of story.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Maybe, maybe not.

Some of them do so they can always be the "hot one" of the group even if they are like a 6.5. Those are usually easy to spot if you simply ask the right questions and listen to their conversations.

Maybe some of them grew up together and have always been friends.

Do you not have any fat or ugly friends?

Manure Spherian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you not have any fat or ugly friends?
Two of my friends are fat, and I know both them for for over 30 years, since I was eight and twelve years old. One of them is married to a fat woman and they’re a happy-as-pigs-in-sh*t couple with children. Obviously one can tell I’m a gymrat and former bodybuilder. Was I supposed to dump these great friends?

I’m surprised it doesn’t occur to people that true friendships aren’t based on this stuff

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it could be just a numbers thing - i.e., there are so many fat chicks around, and so many of the few hot chicks that are dating/married-to men that with a social circle, only the fat chicks are available to hang around with and develop a rapport (oh, the irony). It could also a territory separation device - i.e., hot chicks that hang around other hot chicks get into "frenemy" cliques, and some chicks would rather not be in that pressure cooker.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the healthiest women emotionally try to seek friends with similar levels of looks to themselves. @BeExcellent 's perspective on her female friends is a good one here.

old_skoolr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Somewhat cute, at times even hot, girl goes out and she is with her fat ugly friend whose sole purpose is to ****block guys. Guys try to talk to the hot one and then the fat ugly one decides to destroy them. However, I have noticed something in a lot of these girls.
The trick is to talk to the ugly one and get the hot one jealous.

Think you're looking way too much into it.