Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I think my girlfriend is breaking up with me?

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How the heck is her behavior selfish?
If you get angry with me because I don't wanna do what you want, or because I don't behave or think the way you want. Isn't that selfish?

I know she got sad about that, but I don't think her reaction was respectful.

What are you telling here seems that he must kneel to her and run after that.

Then he will be only training her to manipulate him everytime he doesn't want to do something that she wants. It's like emotional blackmail.

bizzym

Banned
Reaction score
If you get angry with me because I don't wanna do what you want, or because I don't behave or think the way you want. Isn't that selfish?

I know she got sad about that, but I don't think her reaction was respectful.

What are you telling here seems that he must kneel to her and run after that.

Then he will be only training her to manipulate him everytime he doesn't want to do something that she wants. It's like emotional blackmail.
No he made a commitment not only to her and to her family a month before. He didn’t even discuss it with her he just told her what he was going to do and pretty much said f^ck meeting your family and spending Christmas together. That’s not how relationships work. You talk about things together.

like almost everyone has said op is a d!ck and he’s the one who is selfish.

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How the heck is her behavior selfish?
And another question: Now this guy is responsible about his girlfriend mother being angry or sad? Only because he has a right to disagree or to not do something he doesn't want?

He is not disrespecting her. He is just telling the truth.

Last edited:

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No he made a commitment not only to her and to her family a month before. He didn’t even discuss it with her he just told her what he was going to do and pretty much said f^ck meeting your family and spending Christmas together. That’s not how relationships work. You talk about things together.

I understand your point.

For being their first Christmas together, ok, he may not did a good thing acting like that. And I understand the reasons she was sad with him.

In my opinion, I just don't think he should do something that he doesn't want. Maybe he is insecure or just don't want to do that. It would be a way better to not make a commitment like he did. But, it's no the end of the world.

I just see him like a human who made a choice that he didn't want to do.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
She sent me this. Isn’t this manipulative af?

I'm sure you think I'm overreacting and I'm being unfair, but I'm not. I just don't think you understand.

I am extremely hurt, disappointed, and embarrassed. Spending Christmas together wasn't just some holiday or a day to spend together. To me it marked a really significant milestone in our relationship. You asked me weeks ago when was the last time I brought someone home for Christmas and I told you it had been years. It has been almost 10 years since I brought someone home to meet my family just in general. I didn't even ask my last ex to meet my family and we dated for a long time. I, however, asked you to meet my family - so think about the significance of that - how much you meant to me more than the others. My dad has never asked to meet any of the men I've dated, but he said he wanted to meet you. Christmas is also his birthday (which I told you) and he would have been really happy to meet you. My entire family would have loved you and you would have loved them. My aunt even was thinking of a welcome/Christmas gift to give you. My mom asked if there was a certain food you liked to eat so she could make it for you since she knew you wouldn't be with your family on Christmas. So no, the wasn't just a holiday for me. This was to me us starting to integrate our lives in a way. See when you truly see a future with someone, especially marriage and kids like we had discussed, you want to include that person in the important things, such as being with family. This was a way of moving our relationship forward. You made a commitment. This was extremely important to me.

Instead, you s*** on it. You made it clear that meeting my family and spending our first Christmas together wasn't worth a 2 hour drive to and from. Because of an inconvenience for you, you in but so many words indirectly told me our relationship isn't serious enough for you to make a sacrifice for me just for one day. You didn't even have the common courtesy to discuss it with me beforehand you just told me what you were going to do instead. We had been talking about Christmas plans for a month and not once did you tell me you had an issue. I even asked you the next morning after meeting your parents if you were comfortable and you got upset saying, "of course I want to meet your family, I'm not a scaredy-cat”. Looking back you must have feigned being upset because it's clear you don't want meet them. You could've told me then that you had an issue. You didn't even give me a chance to try to fix whatever issue you had. It's not like you would've been driving 4 hours just to spend 2 hours with me. I told you to come in the morning and Christmas dinner wouldn't be until 4 then we would leave around 7 PM. Whatever the details are you didn't try to let me fix it. You just made a unilateral decision instead. Instead, you waited a month after discussing the plans, 2 weeks before Christmas that you would be ditching me and my family which was incredibly gutless, incredibly selfish, and demonstrated that your word means nothing.

You asked me weeks ago what my definition of love meant and I told you it's to be selfless. If the tables were turned I would have done this for you happily and no questions asked because it would have been a small sacrifice for the person I cared about. You know what I planned for your Christmas gift? Round trip tickets back home so you could see your parents. I was going to ask Savannah for your dad's schedule since you mentioned he's gone for 3 weeks, to make sure he would be home when you flew out so it would be a nice gift for your parents too. It made me sad to you see you sad. I'd do anything within reason to make you happy. When you're sad I'm sad. When you're happy I'm happy. But you're not selfless. Instead it's about Vanballmoos and what you would rather do. Like you would rather forgo an important milestone in our relationship that you had made a commitment to and instead go be with your friend. You clearly don't want to meet my family and even more clearly you didn't want the relationship to move forward.

Even now when I contacted you about getting the mask so I can make sure it goes with my outfit you ignored me, twice. As if I did something to you but it was you who royally screwed up. Not once during this entire ordeal did you even apologize. Instead you placed the blame on my mother by saying she's petty and now getting mad at me and ignoring me. You couldn't even do the bare minimum and say you were sorry for changing the plans. Again, selfish.

What this all boils down to, and what I realized Friday night which is why I was so angry is I love you but you don't love me. You said just a few days before this when we were in your bed that I had your heart and you'd do anything for me. This clearly wasn't true because you couldn't even spend Christmas with me. I stupidly believed what you said and felt like you loved me. But then I thought, I'm just an idiot. 1. You've never told me you loved me 2. If you did love me we wouldn't be in this situation. A person who loved me even after they screwed up and I got angry would've tried to fix it. Call me, texted me, apologized, showed up at my door, something, anything to try and make it better.

Bottom line is I love you. You don't love me. I care. You don't.

I get it Vanballmoos. You've made it very clear how you feel about me and us. I won't chase you. I won’t try to fix things like I've done in the past since I know you don't feel the same way that I feel about you. And I know you won't try to call or show up at my door like I had hoped either because let's be honest any time we've argued you've never called or try to fix it. Instead, you let time go by and I had to be the one to reach out - which further solidifies that I love you but you don't love me.

Like I said I get it. I won't bother you anymore.
OP she told you the truth. What you did was idiotic if you want to be in a relationship with her and even if you don't its just something a jackass does who doesn't have respect for other people. You sound like a Grade A douchebag bro. One of those people who I try and stay as far away from as possible.

bizzym

Banned
Reaction score
I understand your point.

For being their first Christmas together, ok, he may not did a good thing acting like that. And I understand the reasons she was sad with him.

In my opinion, I just don't think he should do something that he doesn't want. Maybe he is insecure or just don't want to do that. It would be a way better to not make a commitment like he did. But, it's no the end of the world.

I just see him like a human who made a choice that he didn't want to do.
and he had every right not to go but he should’ve told her. In her message to OP she wrote that she even asked him and he didn’t speak up then. She was right he was gutless because he didn’t speak up when she asked if he was still comfortable going. Gutless and selfish.

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought this forum was a place where people would help each other to improves themselves. Even if someone made a mistake, it's better to explain your point and try to help someone be aware of this so he could evolve as a man.

The way you guys are treating him cause of that, I don't think it's healthy. Calling someone a d1ck, idiot or coward... it's only a projection of the ones who said it.

As if everyone here is perfect and never made a mistake.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I thought this forum was a place where people would help each other to improves themselves. Even if someone made a mistake, it's better to explain your point and try to help someone be aware of this so he could evolve as a man.

The way you guys are treating him cause of that, I don't think it's healthy. Calling someone a d1ck, idiot or coward... it's only a projection of the ones who said it.

As if everyone here is perfect and never made a mistake.
You can't help a narcissistic douchebag bro. OP cares only about himself. I am sure even his best friends would say the same thing if they were telling the truth. Tigers don't change their stripes.

Epic Days

Banned
Reaction score
I would not go if I didn’t want to either. But then I would have been up front from the beginning. She obviously got the impression they were together and an item.
this is caused by him. It’s even ok to change ones mind. But to get a woman to a point that she thinks there’s future and then flip the cart over?

from day one he allowed her to think that there was a serious future, just to get her, while all along it wasn’t necessarily what he wants. This is cowardice. Failure to be up front. This is feminine. He is feminine.

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can't help a narcissistic douchebag bro. OP cares only about himself. I am sure even his best friends would say the same thing if they were telling the truth. Tigers don't change their stripes.
Reading the letter she wrote him I could understand better her side of the story.

And yes, he made a big mistake. If all that is true, he should rethink about what he did.

And I understood why people here got angry with him.

But if he has empathy, I hope he learn with that and try to fix that.

Last edited:

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
and he had every right not to go but he should’ve told her. In her message to OP she wrote that she even asked him and he didn’t speak up then. She was right he was gutless because he didn’t speak up when she asked if he was still comfortable going. Gutless and selfish.
After reading her message I have to agree with you. Just got another perspective reading only the first OP post and have considered this message.

Based on her explanation, that was definitely a bad mistake. She gave a good reason why she was sad about that.

flowtheory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP. We all know you messed this up. I’m going to speculate and say this wasn’t just a one off either, based on her letter. She’s been cautious about you since the start, I imagine, and she’s intrigued because you are aloof and a little bit selfish, where she is more selfless and caring. So in some ways she has to win your affections — It’s good to a degree, in the beginning, anyways. Where a healthy long term relationship is concerned this vessel will sink.

I see clearly that you take value, rather than give it.

The problem isn’t in your excuse, the style, or reasoning you operated within this whole scenario. The true issue is that your character is flawed. It’s weak and brittle. She is attracted to you and intrigued for simplistic shallow reasons. But she knows a little bit deeper down, like everyone here, and even your own self that you are not reliable. You lack integrity. You’re not a rock. And you’re not trustworthy. You’re a pebble floating down stream, unable to own its position and be transparent and truthful in every situation. You spin your responsibilities off of you and justify your actions on superfluous external things.

Whatever unfolds with your circumstance here, unfolds. But you need to work on your character. You think you may just lose her here, but her walking and being mad is a deeper reflection of you rejecting yourself.

You’re not to be relied upon, and she deserves better than you. You won’t let her go though. Because you’re selfish and operate from a weak ego. You’re fragile. You take from her because you can’t give to yourself.

This thread is just a thread. But it’s a clear indication of how you operate. This forum can gain you knowledge, but it’s better to be used as a way to strip your weakness away so you can build yourself to someone who is actually valuable.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't find anything unduly manipulative in her letter. She's pouring her heart out, telling you specifically why she's hurt, telling you she loves you, and giving you every opportunity to make things right.

I think she's handling herself rather well under the circumstances. In fact, she sounds like a real "keeper" to me. She's literally paving a road for you to make amends with her, but I get the feeling you're not interested, OP. This is sad, really. I feel bad for her, especially because she's told you how she feels with dignity and reasonableness.

I honestly think she's way too good for you and she deserves better. It's pretty rare that I'm on the side of the girl but in this case, bud, you've blown it on many levels. In case you don't get it, she's making it easy for you to make amends.

MountainSlide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I'm sure you think I'm overreacting and I'm being unfair, but I'm not. I just don't think you understand.

I am extremely hurt, disappointed, and embarrassed. Spending Christmas together wasn't just some holiday or a day to spend together. To me it marked a really significant milestone in our relationship. You asked me weeks ago when was the last time I brought someone home for Christmas and I told you it had been years. It has been almost 10 years since I brought someone home to meet my family just in general. I didn't even ask my last ex to meet my family and we dated for a long time. I, however, asked you to meet my family - so think about the significance of that - how much you meant to me more than the others. My dad has never asked to meet any of the men I've dated, but he said he wanted to meet you. Christmas is also his birthday (which I told you) and he would have been really happy to meet you. My entire family would have loved you and you would have loved them. My aunt even was thinking of a welcome/Christmas gift to give you. My mom asked if there was a certain food you liked to eat so she could make it for you since she knew you wouldn't be with your family on Christmas. So no, the wasn't just a holiday for me. This was to me us starting to integrate our lives in a way. See when you truly see a future with someone, especially marriage and kids like we had discussed, you want to include that person in the important things, such as being with family. This was a way of moving our relationship forward. You made a commitment. This was extremely important to me.

Instead, you s*** on it. You made it clear that meeting my family and spending our first Christmas together wasn't worth a 2 hour drive to and from. Because of an inconvenience for you, you in but so many words indirectly told me our relationship isn't serious enough for you to make a sacrifice for me just for one day. You didn't even have the common courtesy to discuss it with me beforehand you just told me what you were going to do instead. We had been talking about Christmas plans for a month and not once did you tell me you had an issue. I even asked you the next morning after meeting your parents if you were comfortable and you got upset saying, "of course I want to meet your family, I'm not a scaredy-cat”. Looking back you must have feigned being upset because it's clear you don't want meet them. You could've told me then that you had an issue. You didn't even give me a chance to try to fix whatever issue you had. It's not like you would've been driving 4 hours just to spend 2 hours with me. I told you to come in the morning and Christmas dinner wouldn't be until 4 then we would leave around 7 PM. Whatever the details are you didn't try to let me fix it. You just made a unilateral decision instead. Instead, you waited a month after discussing the plans, 2 weeks before Christmas that you would be ditching me and my family which was incredibly gutless, incredibly selfish, and demonstrated that your word means nothing.

You asked me weeks ago what my definition of love meant and I told you it's to be selfless. If the tables were turned I would have done this for you happily and no questions asked because it would have been a small sacrifice for the person I cared about. You know what I planned for your Christmas gift? Round trip tickets back home so you could see your parents. I was going to ask Savannah for your dad's schedule since you mentioned he's gone for 3 weeks, to make sure he would be home when you flew out so it would be a nice gift for your parents too. It made me sad to you see you sad. I'd do anything within reason to make you happy. When you're sad I'm sad. When you're happy I'm happy. But you're not selfless. Instead it's about Vanballmoos and what you would rather do. Like you would rather forgo an important milestone in our relationship that you had made a commitment to and instead go be with your friend. You clearly don't want to meet my family and even more clearly you didn't want the relationship to move forward.

Even now when I contacted you about getting the mask so I can make sure it goes with my outfit you ignored me, twice. As if I did something to you but it was you who royally screwed up. Not once during this entire ordeal did you even apologize. Instead you placed the blame on my mother by saying she's petty and now getting mad at me and ignoring me. You couldn't even do the bare minimum and say you were sorry for changing the plans. Again, selfish.

What this all boils down to, and what I realized Friday night which is why I was so angry is I love you but you don't love me. You said just a few days before this when we were in your bed that I had your heart and you'd do anything for me. This clearly wasn't true because you couldn't even spend Christmas with me. I stupidly believed what you said and felt like you loved me. But then I thought, I'm just an idiot. 1. You've never told me you loved me 2. If you did love me we wouldn't be in this situation. A person who loved me even after they screwed up and I got angry would've tried to fix it. Call me, texted me, apologized, showed up at my door, something, anything to try and make it better.

I get it Vanballmoos. You've made it very clear how you feel about me and us. I won't chase you. I won’t try to fix things like I've done in the past since I know you don't feel the same way that I feel about you. And I know you won't try to call or show up at my door like I had hoped either because let's be honest any time we've argued you've never called or try to fix it. Instead, you let time go by and I had to be the one to reach out - which further solidifies that I love you but you don't love me.

The fact that you think it’s manipulative is kinda funny. She just wants you to go fix your screw up and spend Christmas with her and her family. There isn’t any particular tactic of manipulation that stands out here. Your lucky her interest is so high otherwise she would’ve dumped you and never talked to you again.

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its interesting. It's like she read the things we told OP she's feeling and how he should respond and put it all in one text.

OP is literally MIA while the forum is trying to fix his problem. I'm starting to feel that you don't care about her as much as you think you do.

She seems more rational than him.

OP, there's no further discussion to be had. Simply action on your part. If you value your woman, put your ego aside and humble yourself. It is okay to be wrong. And it is okay to admit it. Show her what she means to you through your actions. If you do not value her.. you know what to do. It's simple. Easier said than done, but simple.

Focal core

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its interesting. It's like she read the things we told OP she's feeling and how he should respond and put it all in one text.

OP is literally MIA while the forum is trying to fix his problem. I'm starting to feel that you don't care about her as much as you think you do.

She seems more rational than him.

OP, there's no further discussion to be had. Simply action on your part. If you value your woman, put your ego aside and humble yourself. It is okay to be wrong. And it is okay to admit it. Show her what she means to you through your actions. If you do not value her.. you know what to do. It's simple. Easier said than done, but simple.
Feeling guilty. MIght lead him to this.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

You stupid dumb**** bastard, in what world is SHE the one being manipulative? You’re the one who’s trying to manipulate her by ignoring her. IDIOT. Not only that, but your stupid ass was also saying that you’d do anything for her when y’all were lying in bed just to manipulate her too.

Bruh. BRUH.

Just straight up stupid. You ought to apologize, not even to get back together with her, but just for being a piece of ****. And while you’re at it, apologize to humanity too. You just suck, dude.

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You stupid dumb**** bastard, in what world is SHE the one being manipulative? You’re the one who’s trying to manipulate her by ignoring her. IDIOT. Not only that, but your stupid ass was also saying that you’d do anything for her when y’all were lying in bed just to manipulate her too.

Bruh. BRUH.

Just straight up stupid. You ought to apologize, not even to get back together with her, but just for being a piece of ****. And while you’re at it, apologize to humanity too. You just suck, dude.
What is happening to this forum???????

You can say someone is wrong, but you don't have to be disrespectful. When you do that you only prove that you're the kind of person of the words you've proclaimed.

Real Man wouldn't spell this kind of words to someone.

Better show him he made a mistake, explain that... and after all if he doesn't learn, then he will reap the consequences of his acts.

I highly doubt you never committed a stupid act in your life either!

This attitude only promotes toxic conversations in here!

This is pitiful.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am probably just beating a dead horse at this point but I literally just saw this thread.

OP, I can't believe you are going to cause me to do this but I have to side with the chick in this case. What I find fascinating about your OP is that the woman here has masculine qualities and you come across as feminine. To explain, she seems to be a straight shooter whereas you completely flaked on her. This is behavior that we on this forum are constantly lamenting when women pull this sh1t on us during dates, etc.

If you don't want to be with her then you move on. My problem with the situation as it relates to you from a neutral outsider is that a MAN is only as good as his WORD. You gave her an assurance you would go to her family Christmas with her. I can tell you that being from a religious family myself this is a pretty big deal. For her to ask you to do this means she saw this as a very serious relationship. It would seem you don't feel the same and right when she asked you to do so would have been the time to decline and tell her you weren't ready for that type of commitment. To lead her on for a month then make plans with a third party to go have a good time in NYC? I would be unbelievably pissed too. In fact, if the roles were reversed we would all be telling you to NEXT her and not look back.

If you can save it then I would. From the limited info you have given she seems like shes a good woman. Maybe it is not too late but in LTRs (since it seems like this was one) you can't have this can of flaky behavior if you want them to be maintained.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What is happening to this forum???????

You can say someone is wrong, but you don't have to be disrespectful. When you do that you only prove that you're the kind of person of the words you've proclaimed.
Quit your whining, coward. If someone’s a piece of ****, you go let them know straight to their face. No holding back. For what? What? This is social backlash right here what I’m doing. I’m letting this fool know that what he did was wrong. It’s not enough to just say that it’s wrong, you have to let them feel and understand that it is too.
Real Man wouldn't spell this kind of words to someone.
I’m not going to relegate my masculinity to fit your pathetic mold of what it means to be a man. You’re only saying this to manipulate me into doing what you want me to do. I’m not gonna have someone tell me how to be my own man. I do that. Not you. Step aside, and know your place. A man bowing down to someone else just because they said “a real man does XYZ” isn’t a real man at all because they’ve allowed that person to take away their own manliness; they’ve become a ‘real man’ by emasculating themselves. That’s just an inversion of masculinity. And you’re a weak man for trying to manipulate me like that.
Better show him he made a mistake, explain that... and after all if he doesn't learn, then he will reap the consequences of his acts.
He’s been getting advice from all of us. Atom Smasher hardly ever comments on these parts and even he took an interest and gave him the most solid advice one could give. Not to mention the countless others who’ve been telling him he’s in the wrong for the last 4 pages.

And this dude, as is evident by the text his ex sent him, never even talked to her or replied to her once since getting all this advice. Dude is a retard and deserves to be berated for it. Even funnier, he still went ahead and said SHE was manipulative even after being told he’s in the wrong lmao! Talk about narcissism—his delusions of grandeur knows know bounds.
I highly doubt you never committed a stupid act in your life either!
Yeah, but I‘ve always been able to apologize when in the wrong.
This attitude only promotes toxic conversations in here!
You might as well just use the words ‘toxic masculinity’ already. We all know you want to talk about it. Likely because you’re the type of guy who’s always got his tail between his legs.

Look man, I ain’t some ***** whipped simp. But this guy is just low. And you know it.