Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I tested positive for hpv 73 what now?

Fortune_favors_the_bold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So had my routine check for sperm and everything was ok except that I tested positive for HPV, the type is 73.

What I'm supposed to do now? is there any cure or something?

Not really concerned about me but more regarding the girls I'm intimate with.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
So had my routine check for sperm and everything was ok except that I tested positive for HPV, the type is 73.

What I'm supposed to do now? is there any cure or something?

Not really concerned about me but more regarding the girls I'm intimate with.
Literally anyone who has ever had sex likely has HPV. It's the most common STD there is. Not really a big deal, they likely already have it.

There also isn't really a way to link it back to you, it's so common.

Pedrito0906

Banned
Reaction score
I think I've read that men are actually the ones who carry the virus, when it gets active and infects the women is when women run the risk of cancer, but I'm not sure whether that's true

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I think I've read that men are actually the ones who carry the virus, when it gets active and infects the women is when women run the risk of cancer, but I'm not sure whether that's true
It's also been found to cause cancer in males in some cases as well.

Doesn't even need to be genital contact to spread either, can simply be spread from kissing(especially French kissing), which is why it's near impossible to determine how you got it or even when.

Fortune_favors_the_bold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's also been found to cause cancer in males in some cases as well.

Doesn't even need to be genital contact to spread either, can simply be spread from kissing(especially French kissing), which is why it's near impossible to determine how you got it or even when.
So is this virus widespread in the body till the immune system kick it out or it stays in the area of the body where you got it?

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
So is this virus widespread in the body till the immune system kick it out or it stays in the area of the body where you got it?
It can either be flushed out of the system quickly, or stay there long term. No real way of knowing what the body will do, or even if it will do the same thing if encountered repeatedly.

Pretty much the sexual version of the common cold. So widespread and common it's virtually impossible not to get(unless you never kiss a woman).

RazorRambo24

Banned
Reaction score
1) stop being a ***** everyone has hpv. idk what country you're from but they give out vaccines for that sht anyways.

women have a higher risk with HPV since they can in rare cases get cancer from it. men can't.

its the most common std/sti out there and in the states like 25% of all adults have it

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
1) stop being a ***** everyone has hpv. idk what country you're from but they give out vaccines for that sht anyways.

women have a higher risk with HPV since they can in rare cases get cancer from it. men can't.

its the most common std/sti out there and in the states like 25% of all adults have it
That's false information.

"HPV also affects men. About 4 out of every 10 cases of cancer caused by HPV occur among men. Every year in the U.S., over 15,000 men get cancers caused by HPV. You can protect your child from these cancers with HPV vaccine at age 11–12 years."

"Human Papillomavirus (HPV) is a common sexually transmitted infection. More than 90 percent of sexually active men and 80 percent of sexually active women will be infected with HPV in their lifetime."

RazorRambo24

Banned
Reaction score

"HPV also affects men. About 4 out of every 10 cases of cancer caused by HPV occur among men. Every year in the U.S., over 15,000 men get cancers caused by HPV. You can protect your child from these cancers with HPV vaccine at age 11–12 years."

"Human Papillomavirus (HPV) is a common sexually transmitted infection. More than 90 percent of sexually active men and 80 percent of sexually active women will be infected with HPV in their lifetime."

Oh well man it doesnt change anything as far as how many people have HPV. Not something I would worry about still..

Especially considering I took the vaccine for it which has a 99% effective rate. Most of us were required to take it in Highschool/Middle school or something like that. I took it twice though

Last edited:

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Human Papillomavirus (HPV) 73 is a type of HPV that is known to cause genital warts. It belongs to the alpha papillomavirus genus and is considered a low-risk type of HPV, meaning it has a low potential to cause cancer.

Fortune_favors_the_bold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

So you expect me to know that I can give harm to my partners and just shrug it off?

I usually ignore the police flashing at me cause I can easily lose in the traffic, the issue here is not being courageous/reckless, the issue is about not to harm those that trust you.

That's my concern, more for my parners than myself, I accepted that given my life style I wont die of old age but I for no reason want to harm my girls even if I have to use condom from now on (which is something I deeply hate).

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) 73 is a type of HPV that is known to cause genital warts. It belongs to the alpha papillomavirus genus and is considered a low-risk type of HPV, meaning it has a low potential to cause cancer.
I was also checking about the features of type 73 but different sources claim different things, most of them agree with you and I'm glad of that.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Several years ago, My ex-wife was diagnosed with pre-cancerous cells on her cervix that were detected during her yearly pap smeer. They were HPV. She had a freeze done and it went away.

I had no idea that I could be infected. Back then I don't think there was a test available for men. But after we divorced I had two girls I dated tell me they got HPV. It wasn't a big deal but unfortunately they could have got it from me.