Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I noticed since I quit jogging outside I have started to get a runny nose

Chamber36

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I started the Wim Hof Method last january. Been pretty consistent since then about the cold showers. The cold showers also basically made me immune to the rain even if it was slightly cool or cold weather outside. So I would run about every other day. I would notice a feeling in my throat from the fresh air which we all know if we live in cooler climates, but never any cold symptoms. Now I've quit the running because I noticed that my knees would feel a bit whacked from the running, even though I try to land on the balls of my feet.

Since recently I have had a runny nose and slightly stuffed up nasal cavity, basically chronically, whereas I didnt have it before while doing cold showers and running around in the rain... What a damn shame. I don't want to have screwy knees when I am older but I enjoy the cardio so I think I will reincorporate them anyway and perhaps take a jumprope to skip around a bit instead.

Ironic. Cold showers and running outside do make a difference! Good for your blood flow, especially noticable in the face.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whatever you are impacting against makes such a huge difference over time, like over the course of a couple months you will notice the difference in switching from pavement to a track, pavement is bad, people who run on the sidewalk are just asking for chronic pain.

Head to a local highschool or college, most have some kind of out door track, even the grass is a lot better than the pavement.

I've played soccer since I was 5, football, rugby, I've done more running in the first 20 years of my life than most will do in their whole life I imagine, my family all have bad knees, mine are still good, 31, no pain, also wasn't running when overweight, another factor.

Also, stairs will destroy your knees, they are very hard on them, elevator/escalator is your friend

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I started the Wim Hof Method last january. Been pretty consistent since then about the cold showers. The cold showers also basically made me immune to the rain even if it was slightly cool or cold weather outside. So I would run about every other day. I would notice a feeling in my throat from the fresh air which we all know if we live in cooler climates, but never any cold symptoms. Now I've quit the running because I noticed that my knees would feel a bit whacked from the running, even though I try to land on the balls of my feet.

Since recently I have had a runny nose and slightly stuffed up nasal cavity, basically chronically, whereas I didnt have it before while doing cold showers and running around in the rain... What a damn shame. I don't want to have screwy knees when I am older but I enjoy the cardio so I think I will reincorporate them anyway and perhaps take a jumprope to skip around a bit instead.

Ironic. Cold showers and running outside do make a difference! Good for your blood flow, especially noticable in the face.

Where do you live? I have never suffered from
Seasonal allergies but this year has killed me. I have two cars and both are black... I have to wash the pollen off them every 3 days or they literally look yellow. My nose has been a mess since April.

Chamber36

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Where do you live? I have never suffered from
Seasonal allergies but this year has killed me. I have two cars and both are black... I have to wash the pollen off them every 3 days or they literally look yellow. My nose has been a mess since April.
You are right, come to think of it.

My eyes were also a bit itchy when I woke up. I live in Amsterdam, in the Netherlands.
Whatever you are impacting against makes such a huge difference over time, like over the course of a couple months you will notice the difference in switching from pavement to a track, pavement is bad, people who run on the sidewalk are just asking for chronic pain.

Head to a local highschool or college, most have some kind of out door track, even the grass is a lot better than the pavement.

I've played soccer since I was 5, football, rugby, I've done more running in the first 20 years of my life than most will do in their whole life I imagine, my family all have bad knees, mine are still good, 31, no pain, also wasn't running when overweight, another factor.

Also, stairs will destroy your knees, they are very hard on them, elevator/escalator is your friend
I'll see if I can find a race track somewhere I can use...

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Running is hard on your joints. And not really good for you long-term.

Basically all long distance runners lose muscle and gain fat. Stanford did an 8 year meta-study of long distance runners with over 16K in the study.

Every.
Single.
One.

Lost muscle and gained fat. Probably the worst thing you can do long term for your metabolism and your hormonal profile.

You want cardio? Incorporate weight lifting with very little rest between sets. It will have your heart rate up more than running and the short intense bursts of activity(30 minutes or less) will give you a much better hormonal profile and will help gain muscle and lose fat.

Skinny fat definitely is NOT where it is at.