Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I need a comeback C&F line here

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Me: What is your name?
Her: Melissa
Me: oh ****.The Melissas are like chasing me. Most of my girlfriends have been named Melissa.
Not sure how far into the interaction this is. If these are literally the first words you exchanged when you met, it seems a little strange that you are suggesting that she is chasing you when she had at that point said only one word to you. And you initiated the conversation. I wonder if she might have taken offense to that insinuation? It seems more like a straight c0cky statement, as opposed to C&F.

Niwoor222

Banned
Reaction score
Not sure how far into the interaction this is. If these are literally the first words you exchanged when you met, it seems a little strange that you are suggesting that she is chasing you when she had at that point said only one word to you. And you initiated the conversation. I wonder if she might have taken offense to that insinuation? It seems more like a straight c0cky statement, as opposed to C&F.
My intention was not to say something C&F. I just found funny the fact that many women I have been with, have been named Melissa and a thought came to my mind "Oh God!, that name is like chasing me!. That is it. But Yeah, @Barrister is right. If I want to get the girl I shouldn't say that

Guy69JackBlue

Banned
Reaction score
It's not even c&f. It's just weird if it's the first thing he's ever said.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My intention was not to say something C&F. I just found funny the fact that many women I have been with, have been named Melissa and a thought came to my mind "Oh God!, that name is like chasing me!.
I see what your intent is but the way I read it, it sounded like you were suggesting that she was chasing you. Maybe she took it that way. I know some guys would endorse that kind of self absorbed statement. People misunderstand what you mean sometimes, but that's just a necessary casualty of being out of your head and saying whatever comes to you.

Velasco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not even c&f. It's just weird if it's the first thing he's ever said.
It just doesn't seem realistic which is why it doesn't hit. I get that nirwoor222 finds it funny. But what I do sometimes when a girl says a name after asking

Is I'll say "oh my god. Are you serious?" She says "what?"

Then I go, "that's my ex's name" then go into whatever from there.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Well if your good you can have the necklace she left behind" and then take a picture of your hand and send it

rjc149

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If this was over text, CF needs to be very, very harmless and cute. This was way too bold and given that it was at the very beginning of the interaction, way too soon.

CF needs a foundation of rapport first. This is like, maybe 5 minutes into a conversation. Not the outset. You came off as an arrogant player — but most of all, also insecure.

CF should not frame you as a player. It should frame you as a desirable female who is being chased — role reversal. This is why it’s funny. Say things like “I like to get to know a girl first before I let her into my pants” or “I hate it when bad girls just use me for sex” or “you’re trouble, you’re just gonna pump n dump me aren’t you” or “I bet you say that to all the guys” etc.

You don’t want to frame yourself as a player the way you did.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Advice from the old lady:

“Awesome. I’m totally over the whole Melissa thing, so it’s great that got cleared up” (big smile and Ignore her by staying near, turning your back and chatting to whoever is on the other side of you).

This is the art of banter. If you can banter well you can slay. I can get away with saying most anything because I know the art of banter no matter what gets thrown at me, and I’ve heard most everything. I’ve been insulting and I’ve been insulted. I’ve heard outrageous things and I’ve said outrageous things. It’s much more in how you say it than what you say. And if you happen to entertain everyone else around you in the process?

Well that is instant social proof and people will be drawn to you like a moth to a flame.

Cheers

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If this was over text, CF needs to be very, very harmless and cute. This was way too bold and given that it was at the very beginning of the interaction, way too soon.

CF needs a foundation of rapport first. This is like, maybe 5 minutes into a conversation. Not the outset. You came off as an arrogant player — but most of all, also insecure.

CF should not frame you as a player. It should frame you as a desirable female who is being chased — role reversal. This is why it’s funny. Say things like “I like to get to know a girl first before I let her into my pants” or “I hate it when bad girls just use me for sex” or “you’re trouble, you’re just gonna pump n dump me aren’t you” or “I bet you say that to all the guys” etc.

You don’t want to frame yourself as a player the way you did.
I get your point…but another strategy is to totally and unapologeticly own it (the player bit). I’m always amazed at men who slay by completely owning it. But they must be completely sold out and bought into that mindset. Halfway players are just creepy.

It’s an all or nothing equation where ALL is better

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think that depends... Last valentines day was my first day of cold approaching. I seen a woman that was buying flowers. The first thing I said to her was "Aren't you supposed to be the one that's getting flowers?" She laughed and hooked in the conversation.
Lol, you're supposed to tell her not to get flowers for you, she barely knows you

OP, you got to try to think 2-3 steps ahead in your convos. Before the Melissa line, have something to follow up like "you're not like Melissa Etheridge, are you?" or "I've been trying to find someone like in the Allman Brothers song (Sweet Melissa), is that you?" If you say something designed to make you stand out, it will be positive if you have potential comebacks covered or deflected. Otherwise it will likely fail.

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Me: What is your name?
Her: Melissa
Me: oh ****.The Melissas are like chasing me. Most of my girlfriends have been named Melissa.
Her: but with this one is not gonna work
Me: (her very negative reaction got me blank in my mind about what to say next since I thought that keep talking and plowing was going to lead nowhere and even worse reactions).

It was like a Big No very early

I find that it never goes well to say she is similar to your exes in any way. They start thinking im just going to be his next ex and stuff. Really bad lines from you if im being honest. It sounds forced and cringey like you are desperately trying to come off a player or someone who is successful with women to her. They can sniff through that act fast.

CF only works in person at first if she is physically attracted to you or you have already been banging her. Just ask her about her interests and stuff get her talking ....can go ****y funny after her IL rises.

3agle 3yes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just use Velasco’s line, it’s the best one here.

What you said to her was actually fine, always assume every woman you find attractive finds you attractive too and behave accordingly.

Don’t be too focused on what you actually say, it doesn’t matter no where near as much as some people here think it does.

If you say something with confidence, and believe it, it will have an effect on her.

Don’t worry about her reaction, her attitude or her body language…none of it matters.

Problem is, most people aren’t confident, have no congruency, and worry too much if a woman is angry or moody.

Never try to make a woman like you, it’s not the same as making her feel attracted to you.