Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I need a comeback C&F line here

Niwoor222

Banned
Reaction score
Me: What is your name?
Her: Melissa
Me: oh ****.The Melissas are like chasing me. Most of my girlfriends have been named Melissa.
Her: but with this one is not gonna work
Me: (her very negative reaction got me blank in my mind about what to say next since I thought that keep talking and plowing was going to lead nowhere and even worse reactions).

It was like a Big No very early

dude99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Me: oh ****.The Melissas are like chasing me. Most of my girlfriends have been named Melissa.
Me: (her very negative reaction got me blank in my mind about what to say next since I thought that keep talking and plowing was going to lead nowhere and even worse reactions).

"Ok no problem, but i wasn't asking you out. Just making small talk."

Willie Naylor

Banned
Reaction score
Her 'isn't gonna work' response means she wasn't very high interest in the first place.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
“Yeah you’re right, it would never work between us”. You’d be surprised how effective that response is. It might not change her mind but it’ll make her think the rest of the day and even longer.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Why are you mentioning other "girlfriends" in the first place? Very awkward conversation to have when you have never spoken to this woman. Most women aren't going to respond positively to that. Guys constantly get themselves into trouble by trying to display false bravado like this. Just be charming and have a normal conversation, lots of eye contact, and smile a lot. Then ask her for a number at the end of the conversation and get out of there.

Willie Naylor

Banned
Reaction score
Why are you mentioning other "girlfriends" in the first place? Very awkward conversation to have when you have never spoken to this woman. Most women aren't going to respond positively to that. Guys constantly get themselves into trouble by trying to display false bravado like this. Just be charming and have a normal conversation, lots of eye contact, and smile a lot. Then ask her for a number at the end of the conversation and get out of there.
As I've aged, I don't have the energy for C/F anymore.

I just like having normal conversations now. No tactics, routines, gambits, flim flams, or negs.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Those are all just “training wheels” to help a man to become relaxed, detached and self-amused.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As I've aged, I don't have the energy for C/F anymore.

I just like having normal conversations now. No tactics, routines, gambits, flim flams, or negs.
IMO - C&F and negging can still be used effectively -- but they require some rapport building prior to their use. If you just walk up and use a C&F line on a woman (basically what happened with OP) it is usually going to fall flat and come off very contrived.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
IMO - C&F and negging can still be used effectively -- but they require some rapport building prior to their use. If you just walk up and use a C&F line on a woman (basically what happened with OP) it is usually going to fall flat and come off very contrived.
I think that depends... Last valentines day was my first day of cold approaching. I seen a woman that was buying flowers. The first thing I said to her was "Aren't you supposed to be the one that's getting flowers?" She laughed and hooked in the conversation.

Velasco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think that depends... Last valentines day was my first day of cold approaching. I seen a woman that was buying flowers. The first thing I said to her was "Aren't you supposed to be the one that's getting flowers?" She laughed and hooked in the conversation.
Yeah this is self amusement. You said it because you thought it was funny while also knowing that she would find it funny. In the OP she's punishing his cringe attempt at trying to make himself the prize.

Even still with this one I would respond to her response:

"That's EXACTLY what the last Melissa said. Fvck my life...." <-self amusing.

Niwoor222

Banned
Reaction score
Guys, I got to be honest. I am very grateful with your replies, amazon things here.

I am gonna summarize here:

Her: but with this one is not going to work
Me:
  • "Ok no problem, but i wasn't asking you out. Just making small talk." (credit: @dude99)
  • “Yeah you’re right, it would never work between us”. (credit: @Robert28)
  • "That's EXACTLY what the last Melissa said. Fvck my life...." (credit: @Velasco)
  • “Yeah....that’s what they all say...” (credit: @Grounded eagle).
  • Ok, if you are different than most of the Melissas I have been with, in what way are you different? (credit: @Niwoor222). I came with this a couple of minutes ago. ****! This forum is inspiring me.
Next time I encounter the same, I will use one of these

Last edited:

Niwoor222

Banned
Reaction score
That was what came to my mind when she said her name was Melissa. I actually find funny the fact that Melissa is the most common name of the girls I have been with. Don't ask me why because Idk. When I find something that makes me laugh spontaneously I pull it off due to the principle of "what I feel she feels it".

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

"k" or better yet don't reply.

Modern Man advice

RickTheToad

Reaction score

Ditto or word.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That was what came to my mind when she said her name was Melissa. I actually find funny the fact that Melissa is the most common name of the girls I have been with. Don't ask me why because Idk. When I find something that makes me laugh spontaneously I pull it off due to the principle of "what I feel she feels it".
A good rule of thumb to follow is not to mention your past conquests to new women. You want them to know other women desire you and you have been with other women -- but you want them to wonder whom and how many. Let your actions show her you have experience - show don't tell. Anytime you divulge any information about it it is not sexy. You want to maintain as much mystery about yourself as possible.

And mentioning it in the first few sentences of meeting a woman is especially clunky. Hence the reaction you received.

Niwoor222

Banned
Reaction score
A good rule of thumb to follow is not to mention your past conquests to new women.
Yes, I got your point. It makes completly sense. I will have it in mind next time

But honestly, you know what? **** her. I find that so ****ing funny I will not sacrifice my self amusement and fun for getting any result with her despite that what you say makes 100% sense

Last edited: