Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I just found I'm testosterone deficient

GeeMale

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a blood test at my doc the other day 2/28. Found out my test level is 209 and the normal levels are between 264-916 (ng/dl)
It was in the 400's in June so it dipped down

I'm disappointed because:

-I'm not even 25 yet
-I don't masturbate
-I go to the gym but barely started lifting consistently this week as I've been doing heavy cardio few times a week the last few months to lose weight and just now got on a beginner full body workout plan I'm going to try my best to stick to the next 6 months
-Having low test makes me feel kind of insecure because of the fact itself if you knew me in person you wouldn't ever think of me as a wuss,"beta",etc.Any thing but.Isn't low test suppose to make a man less masculine in energy/vibe/mannerisms?? Maybe I'm overtaking it..

HOWEVER I THINK IT'S LOW BECAUSE:

-I take prescription amphetamines for my ADD and I read stims increase stress
/cortisol levels which decreases test levels...I've also upped caffeine a lot too last couple months. I'm going to stop the caffeine and switch ltyrosine if i still need something besides the prescribed pill I take every few hours
-I read somewhere too much cardio reduces test
-Too much junk food in diet...which I've been doing alot too reduces test
-lack of consistent 6+ hours of sleep. Party because of taking caffeine/medicine and supposedly chronic lack of sleep decreases test levels as well.

I'm going to make an appt with doc to discuss test replacement therapy temporarily till it's back up again. I took testosterone injections as a bodybuilding drug in 2012 at 500mg/week for 12 weeks just to experiment with steroids its also the only time. Supposedly that's what they prescribe for low T as well but more like 100-200 mg/week and only till it's normal?? Idk..

I'm going to be bummed if my doc doesn't want to prescribe cause he thinks I'm going and can bring it up naturally or because it's a controlled drug just like the add med he prescribes.

What's your take on my situation?? I'd like ppl that know the subject well and workout consistently to chime in!

Last edited:

Randzilla

Don Juan
Reaction score
It could be many things effecting your test levels . I would recommend starting to lift heavy weights and cut down the cardio. Definently get more sleep. Also supplement with ZMA it is pretty cheap and may make up for some if the nutrients your not getting from your regular diet. And stress is definitely a testosterone killer.

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have never had mine tested but I know when I am cutting weight and have my diet below maintenance my sex drive plummets. I would not be considering hrt at 25 unless it was almost non existent. I would do several things, start eating more fats, eliminating long bouts of cardio, do more HIIT and circuits.. and start doing heavy compound movements, squats, deadlifts, cleans, snatches.

Randzilla

Don Juan
Reaction score
If your cutting that will definitely lower your testosterone I've been cutting for a while and my sex drive is gone I have even gone a week without wanking it.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Stop all those meds or any drugs.

Sleep early.

Exercise more.

Ur body will adjust accordingly.

Low T levels will phuck ur body biologically.

GeeMale

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Stop all those meds or any drugs.

Sleep early.

Exercise more.

Ur body will adjust accordingly.

Low T levels will phuck ur body biologically.
I can't just stop these meds they make me high functioning which I'm not without it. Besides I was taking them even with levels at 400 range.

Sleep tho hell Yea!
I have never had mine tested but I know when I am cutting weight and have my diet below maintenance my sex drive plummets. I would not be considering hrt at 25 unless it was almost non existent. I would do several things, start eating more fats, eliminating long bouts of cardio, do more HIIT and circuits.. and start doing heavy compound movements, squats, deadlifts, cleans, snatches.
Why shouldn't I consider hrt? I know it might eff me up long term but I don't mind injecting the rest of my life or next few months/years if it keeps me healthy and happy and energetic.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
I can't just stop these meds they make me high functioning which I'm not without it. Besides I was taking them even with levels at 400 range.

Sleep tho hell Yea!

Why shouldn't I consider hrt? I know it might eff me up long term but I don't mind injecting the rest of my life or next few months/years if it keeps me healthy and happy and energetic.
I was diagnosed in my early 30's as a diabetic - heavy drinking

My blood sugar was in the range of 20-30. Doctors told me I need lifelong medications.

I dump those diabetic meds and went on a sugar free diet and started exercises, a year later I'm no longer a diabetic.

Lady Danielee

Don Juan
Reaction score
Masturbating is some form of exercise if you don't masturbate your sex drive will be lower which will affect your hormone. Your sex drive comes from your imagination so is masturbating, it's a medical fact.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was diagnosed in my early 30's as a diabetic - heavy drinking

My blood sugar was in the range of 20-30. Doctors told me I need lifelong medications.

I dump those diabetic meds and went on a sugar free diet and started exercises, a year later I'm no longer a diabetic.
Yep. It's incredibly easy to say, but incredibly hard to execute. It ain't rocket science.

sosousage

Banned
Reaction score
I had a blood test at my doc the other day 2/28. Found out my test level is 209 and the normal levels are between 264-916 (ng/dl)
It was in the 400's in June so it dipped down

I'm disappointed because:

-I'm not even 25 yet
-I don't masturbate
-I go to the gym but barely started lifting consistently this week as I've been doing heavy cardio few times a week the last few months to lose weight and just now got on a beginner full body workout plan I'm going to try my best to stick to the next 6 months
-Having low test makes me feel kind of insecure because of the fact itself if you knew me in person you wouldn't ever think of me as a wuss,"beta",etc.Any thing but.Isn't low test suppose to make a man less masculine in energy/vibe/mannerisms?? Maybe I'm overtaking it..

HOWEVER I THINK IT'S LOW BECAUSE:

-I take prescription amphetamines for my ADD and I read stims increase stress
/cortisol levels which decreases test levels...I've also upped caffeine a lot too last couple months. I'm going to stop the caffeine and switch ltyrosine if i still need something besides the prescribed pill I take every few hours
-I read somewhere too much cardio reduces test
-Too much junk food in diet...which I've been doing alot too reduces test
-lack of consistent 6+ hours of sleep. Party because of taking caffeine/medicine and supposedly chronic lack of sleep decreases test levels as well.

I'm going to make an appt with doc to discuss test replacement therapy temporarily till it's back up again. I took testosterone injections as a bodybuilding drug in 2012 at 500mg/week for 12 weeks just to experiment with steroids its also the only time. Supposedly that's what they prescribe for low T as well but more like 100-200 mg/week and only till it's normal?? Idk..

I'm going to be bummed if my doc doesn't want to prescribe cause he thinks I'm going and can bring it up naturally or because it's a controlled drug just like the add med he prescribes.

What's your take on my situation?? I'd like ppl that know the subject well and workout consistently to chime in!

i sometimes think i have low T levels

but i have big gains

so who cares

touma.akagi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ditch the ADD medicine. In fact, remove those meds from your house and/or destroy them. So tired of hearing all these young guys my age saying they take anxiety meds and such, when I as a matter of fact took none such medicines yet overcame similar problems.

Your body is conditioned to need those drugs and you need to start convincing it that it doesn't.

IKO69

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you take synthetic testosterone you will shut down your system. You are too young - there are different things you can try before you ultimately go down that route.

CamCam

Don Juan
Reaction score

Sleep tho hell Yea!

I wouldn't want to tell you what to do with you ADHD meds, BUT.... I was diagnosed with ADD, (so minus the hyperactive part), and took those meds too. They fvcked me right up. I wasn't the same. So I stopped immediately.

And you know what? - I can manage my ADD just fine now, without meds. What I do is; make sure I get a good nights sleep, eat clean, and exercise. That's it. I still have my moments where I can't focus well, but I get up, go for a little walk, stretch out a bit, have a glass of water, and get back to work.

You might want to consider this

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's hard to overstate the benefits of physical work (whether that is lifting weights, outdoor labor), getting the proper nutrients in your diet, and sleep. I think you can overcome most things if you just concentrate on the items above.

- Work: Use your big muscles, somehow. Lift things, make your body stronger. Easiest way is to lift weights.
- Diet: Eat your good fats (don't gorge, that is bro science, just get 'enough') and eat vegetables or take a multivitamin to your nutrients. Eat some meat, not too much, and eat a lot of beans and nuts.
- Sleep: Try to get 8 hours of solid sleep, turn off the TV and iphone, read a book before bed, and go to bed at a decent hour, and wake at a decent hour. Nothing good happens at night in public places anyway, I wish I'd known that when I was younger. Nighttime means trouble.

IKO69

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's hard to overstate the benefits of physical work (whether that is lifting weights, outdoor labor), getting the proper nutrients in your diet, and sleep. I think you can overcome most things if you just concentrate on the items above.

- Work: Use your big muscles, somehow. Lift things, make your body stronger. Easiest way is to lift weights.
- Diet: Eat your good fats (don't gorge, that is bro science, just get 'enough') and eat vegetables or take a multivitamin to your nutrients. Eat some meat, not too much, and eat a lot of beans and nuts.
- Sleep: Try to get 8 hours of solid sleep, turn off the TV and iphone, read a book before bed, and go to bed at a decent hour, and wake at a decent hour. Nothing good happens at night in public places anyway, I wish I'd known that when I was younger. Nighttime means trouble.
The sleep especially is important. I believe I have read that even just getting 5-6 hours only is enough to make your T dip over the course of time. You definitely want to sleep as much possible

Banelord

Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe u need to be on TRT...talk to a doctor about it. Depends on wherw you are in the usa it should be fine...in Canada well forget about it.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe u need to be on TRT...talk to a doctor about it. Depends on wherw you are in the usa it should be fine...in Canada well forget about it.
I'm not a black helicopter conspiracy guy, so I don't think there's some sinister group controlling things, but I do think there are people who take advantage of the reality of the situation. And the reality is, T levels are dropping, and low T males are easy to control. Nobody is going to advocate for higher T levels.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

For sleep, I take Magnesium Threonate (expensive) then read a book. Read manly authors like William E Woodward (moderately easy) or Eric Hoffer (complex).

Last edited: