Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I have no idea where I rank on the "looks" scale

MikeYikes122

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Touchout said:
Exact same problem dude, but unlike some of these guys girls never approach me (maybe because college-age girls generally don't approach guys).

Sad part is that I'm a 9.6 on Hotornot, but I'm still insecure about this. That is something that needs to get handled NOW. I like some of these guys suggestions here, and I especially like the self-confidence oozing from some of these posts.
I got a 9.5 on HotorNot once, and just like you, girls never approached me in college. It happened in high school, but not in college.

Here's why. There are tons of other good looking dudes at the average American state university - especially if you go to a big school with tons of people. I've also noticed that, with age, women become a lot more insecure and a lot less ballsy. What I mean by this is, if they see a really good looking guy, they aren't going to approach him even if their lives depend on it. There's even a good chance that they're not going to toss IOIs at him because they're insecure and are too afraid of putting themselves out there for a really hot guy. It's like when you see a really hot girl. You don't want to stare and risk coming off too obvious with your attraction. Women and men are completely different in their ways of expressing interest in the opposite sex, but there are a few universalities. This dynamic is one of them. It's only natural for a human being to feel the need to act aloof and disinterested in the presence of a person they are really, really attracted to. Confident guys can get over this feeling and learn how to express interest with coming off too strongly, but women don't ever seem to be able to get over the hump. It's their nature to be submissive, so the majority of them won't even make the slightest move at a guy they are really, really attracted to.

I know this because I'm speaking from experience. I go out all the time and rarely do I ever get IOIs. When I do get them they are very subtle: girls checking me out from the corner of their eyes, sweeping glances from across the room, girls showing interest with by standing in close proximity, etc. Very rarely do I get a girl smiling at me and looking me up and down. The girls who do come on that strongly usually aren't hot. They are cute but not hot - probably because a cute girl isn't as insecure and willing to put herself out their a little bit more than a hot girl, if a hot guy has really caught her eye. The cute girl has to take that kind of a risk because a really good looking dude is going to overlook her.

Usually, I have to be very perceptive for the slightest of IOIs, or I just approach girls without getting any invitations. And I'm a guy who has had tons of success in cold approaching and had plenty of plates/hook-ups/lays over the years.

You're issue, Touchout, is that you think about the game from only a guy's point of view. The problem with this is that girls judge the opposite sex and feel attraction in completely different manners. A good looking girl could pretty much always have a boyfriend if she wanted one, as she has tons of AFCs pining after her and tons of guys hitting on her. A good looking dude, however, doesn't have this luxury, because women judge men on more than just looks. Being good looking will easily get your feet in the door with a girl, but act in an unconfindent or awkward manner and you will be nexted just as quickly as the average guy. A hot girl is always rejecting guys and qualifying them, while a hot guy seldom has to reject a girl. And even when a guy has to reject a girl, it's usually a girl who is low-quality and undesirable for whatever reason. The broad who actively chases guys is usually a little bit fvcked up in the head.

There's absolutely no reason that a guy who gets a 9.6 on HotorNot should have a girlfriend at all times. To say or think something like that makes no sense at all, because women need more than just looks from a guy.

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Inside Man said:
guys, if youre handsome and outgoing and have put in your time at the gym, women will be less likely to approach because they can get nervous just like AFCs are with approaching beautiful women. But they will be more willing to put themselves out there so you can initiate.
Hm...

I don't know... I'm not sure about my face. I think my face is pretty boring looking, nothing really distinctive about it at all, but that could be because I see it in the mirror every day. I do work out a lot. I think my body is pretty decent, other than a light case of gyno that I'm saving to have corrected.

Also, apparently I frequently have a scowl on my face, even if I'm not in a bad mood. For example, just tonight I was sitting on the couch watching TV and my roommate's girlfriend asked me what was wrong, because she said I looked mad about something. This happens all the time. Maybe I need to try having a more pleasant demeanor.

I have had really low confidence my whole life and I am working on it but maybe I am actually a pretty good looking guy and just don't realize it, and since I don't go out very often I don't have a lot of opportunities to even notice IOI in the first place. Plus looking angry/mean all the time probably doesn't help. I think I'm going to work on being more friendly and smiling more at people.

StevenR

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
post your pic on hotornot.com. Its a little off, their system is made so that you get about .5 better than you are. For example if you're a 7.5 it will tell you you're an 8. It gets worse the uglier you are like if you're a 3 it knocks you up 2 points to a 5. But it still gives you a good idea of how you score.
yeah, I can believe this. I put a picture up from when I weighed about 175-180 at age 31 (I am also short, 5'9"), and I got a 9.3 on Hotornot, and a photo from age 24 when I weighed about 155-160 got a 9.8. But I know I look like Frankenstein, I have a huge forehead, awful teeth, asymmetrical nose etc., there is no way I was a 9.3 even then. Unfortunately I now weigh 194 so I am an ugly fatass now too. I figure I am in the butt ugly category at the moment unfortunately, but I am trying like crazy to change that and am also considering some dental surgery and maybe a nose job. For now I just see this ugly monster whenever I look in the mirror or a photo of myself.

There's absolutely no reason that a guy who gets a 9.6 on HotorNot should have a girlfriend at all times. To say or think something like that makes no sense at all, because women need more than just looks from a guy.
you mean $$$$$$$$$?

Ripper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
MikeYikes122 said:
I got a 9.5 on HotorNot once, and just like you, girls never approached me in college. It happened in high school, but not in college.

Here's why. There are tons of other good looking dudes at the average American state university - especially if you go to a big school with tons of people. I've also noticed that, with age, women become a lot more insecure and a lot less ballsy. What I mean by this is, if they see a really good looking guy, they aren't going to approach him even if their lives depend on it. There's even a good chance that they're not going to toss IOIs at him because they're insecure and are too afraid of putting themselves out there for a really hot guy. It's like when you see a really hot girl. You don't want to stare and risk coming off too obvious with your attraction. Women and men are completely different in their ways of expressing interest in the opposite sex, but there are a few universalities. This dynamic is one of them. It's only natural for a human being to feel the need to act aloof and disinterested in the presence of a person they are really, really attracted to. Confident guys can get over this feeling and learn how to express interest with coming off too strongly, but women don't ever seem to be able to get over the hump. It's their nature to be submissive, so the majority of them won't even make the slightest move at a guy they are really, really attracted to.

I know this because I'm speaking from experience. I go out all the time and rarely do I ever get IOIs. When I do get them they are very subtle: girls checking me out from the corner of their eyes, sweeping glances from across the room, girls showing interest with by standing in close proximity, etc. Very rarely do I get a girl smiling at me and looking me up and down. The girls who do come on that strongly usually aren't hot. They are cute but not hot - probably because a cute girl isn't as insecure and willing to put herself out their a little bit more than a hot girl, if a hot guy has really caught her eye. The cute girl has to take that kind of a risk because a really good looking dude is going to overlook her.

Usually, I have to be very perceptive for the slightest of IOIs, or I just approach girls without getting any invitations. And I'm a guy who has had tons of success in cold approaching and had plenty of plates/hook-ups/lays over the years.

You're issue, Touchout, is that you think about the game from only a guy's point of view. The problem with this is that girls judge the opposite sex and feel attraction in completely different manners. A good looking girl could pretty much always have a boyfriend if she wanted one, as she has tons of AFCs pining after her and tons of guys hitting on her. A good looking dude, however, doesn't have this luxury, because women judge men on more than just looks. Being good looking will easily get your feet in the door with a girl, but act in an unconfindent or awkward manner and you will be nexted just as quickly as the average guy. A hot girl is always rejecting guys and qualifying them, while a hot guy seldom has to reject a girl. And even when a guy has to reject a girl, it's usually a girl who is low-quality and undesirable for whatever reason. The broad who actively chases guys is usually a little bit fvcked up in the head.

Very perceptive. Nice.

Being_the_Don

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
r0cky said:
post your pic on hotornot.com. Its a little off, their system is made so that you get about .5 better than you are. For example if you're a 7.5 it will tell you you're an 8. It gets worse the uglier you are like if you're a 3 it knocks you up 2 points to a 5. But it still gives you a good idea of how you score.
I was going to suggest hotornot, too. You have to keep in mind, though, as someone in another thread pointed out, you don't necessarily know who is voting on your picture. And keep in mind that people troll that site just voting 1s to lower the rating. :cuss: The bottom line is that you should take the results with a grain of salt.

daygameguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you look your best (you may have to work at it), you WILL look like a 10. TRUST me. Begin your transformation now! as it may take a few months or more to achieve it, depending on your current status.

edger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A state in America that'll unmercifully leave you
guywhoneedshelp said:
I had a 3some last night (more like 5am today) and the girls were drunk at first and they kept drinking more during the pretty damn long (and amazing) 3some. I had known one of the girls prior to this 3some and she has never ever hinted any attraction to me. Then once she gets some alcohol in her system she (and many other girls) go nuts.

basically what i'm saying is the alcohol is like a truth serum. many girls find me attractive but they wont admit it because they know "oh well everybody thinks he's hot" and they just sound so "part of the crowd" when they show an interest in me.

I don't brag about how I look but I know I've made thousands of dollars with my image so apparently it's doing something right. To help you out, I'd say you wont find out how good you look in a girls opinion honestly, you will more likely see it when they have been drinking and have somewhat of a buzz. I have also had friends tell me they've gone out with other friends and drank, and the girls would get a little drunk and start talking about how much they want my sh!t.

Alcohol is truth serum.
I guess you haven't lived long enough yet, or don't have enough experience under your belt to know..but when women are drunk, they get blinded just like men do. Women will generally f*ck anything when they're drunk, whereas, if they were sober, they wouldn't think twice about having sex with you. I'm not saying all women are like this, but MOST are.