Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I have no idea where I rank on the "looks" scale

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Does anyone else have this problem? I honestly have no idea if I would generally be considered attractive or not.

Sometimes I will look at myself in the mirror and think I look pretty good, and other times (sometimes even on the same day) will think I look like ****.

I never get approached by women, but I also never go out (but I'm working on that).

I would post a picture of myself for critique but I've said a lot of **** about myself on here that I would prefer not everyone know.

I know people are going to say "looks don't matter", etc., but it would at least be nice to have some idea, because I'm honestly totally clueless here.

Dink

Don Juan
Reaction score
So this is my first post in I dont know how many years here. This is kind of odd feeling. So Anyways, I am constantly the type of person that is naturally always concerned about how I look and carry myself. I'm 24yrs old and I discovered that some girls wont be attracted to you as others will. This doesnt take a rocket scientist to know.

So you need to be open minded and if anything be modest about where you think you fit on scale of good looks. I put myself around 6.5 when most girls tell me i'm being modest(if that question is brought up) or just being mean to myself. So even if you place yourself lets say a 6 on a 1-10 scale if you use confidence looks wont apply that vastly on you as opposed to hoping you'll be recognized for just looks.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
use it as an opener to hot chics. "so excuse me miss.. i was wondering? where would you rate me looks wise on a scale of one to ten?" LOL.

I've asked female friends and I've asked girls I have no interest in, and I've asked hot girls and ugly girls. I notice I get a higher rating from ugly girls than hot, and higher from friends than strangers, but I'm firmly convienced that I'm about a 7.5 or an 8. Which is good enough to get some tail. Pretty decent looking guy am I!

Dink

Don Juan
Reaction score
Warrior74 said:
use it as an opener to hot chics. "so excuse me miss.. i was wondering? where would you rate me looks wise on a scale of one to ten?" LOL.

that gave me a good laugh man. haha. but i agree with everything you said. I did find myself rated higher but the uglier or fatter girls then i place with the cuter hot ones. however this girl that is a very hot girl in my opinion thinks i'm the hottest thing alive and i've had fat ugly girls tell me i'm ugly, but more cases the not i've had reasonably good feedback. high five for being good/decent lookin!

brian123

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
No matter what you look like, consider yourself to be a 9. Hit up the gym, work on yourself etc... to try to get up to a 10. Keep improving yourself.

r0cky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
post your pic on hotornot.com. Its a little off, their system is made so that you get about .5 better than you are. For example if you're a 7.5 it will tell you you're an 8. It gets worse the uglier you are like if you're a 3 it knocks you up 2 points to a 5. But it still gives you a good idea of how you score.

guywhoneedshelp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a 3some last night (more like 5am today) and the girls were drunk at first and they kept drinking more during the pretty damn long (and amazing) 3some. I had known one of the girls prior to this 3some and she has never ever hinted any attraction to me. Then once she gets some alcohol in her system she (and many other girls) go nuts.

basically what i'm saying is the alcohol is like a truth serum. many girls find me attractive but they wont admit it because they know "oh well everybody thinks he's hot" and they just sound so "part of the crowd" when they show an interest in me.

I don't brag about how I look but I know I've made thousands of dollars with my image so apparently it's doing something right. To help you out, I'd say you wont find out how good you look in a girls opinion honestly, you will more likely see it when they have been drinking and have somewhat of a buzz. I have also had friends tell me they've gone out with other friends and drank, and the girls would get a little drunk and start talking about how much they want my sh!t.

Alcohol is truth serum.

AKA FLEX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
r0cky said:
post your pic on hotornot.com. Its a little off, their system is made so that you get about .5 better than you are. For example if you're a 7.5 it will tell you you're an 8. It gets worse the uglier you are like if you're a 3 it knocks you up 2 points to a 5. But it still gives you a good idea of how you score.
If you really care about stuff like this, hotornot is probably the way to go. Personally, I'd recommend forgetting about how "hot" you are and just approach every woman with the mindset that you look like Brad Pitt and are hung like Tommy Lee. That confidence will be a hell of a lot more attractive to women than a "pretty boy" face.

fruitopiax

Don Juan
Reaction score
There's obviously a lot of subjectivity when it comes to looks, as some women can find a guy attractive physically and others won't, but I think if someone is in the upper range of attractiveness, where the majority of women would find them attractive or at least be able to acknowledge that they can see why other women would find them attractive (maybe they're not her "type"), then that person should know, just from the experiences he's had in life and attention he gets from girls etc. So if you're not getting that kind of attention then you're likely just average looking, but that doesn't necessarily mean you can't become better looking through grooming, lifting, or whatever. A haircut alone can make a big difference in how someone looks. But to be honest though we don't know all the details about your life so if you really want to have an idea from us you'd have to post a pic.

Rex Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're a 1. At least, that's the way I like to think of myself. I try to game hard and not rely on anything else. I keep myself looking nice and I'm sure I've got some 'gimme' tail because of that. But 95% of the time it boils down to game.

Even if girls think you're hot sh!t, don't rely on that and keep working on your game.

ChrizZ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Looks hardly matter.

It truely IS all about CONFIDENCE.

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When it comes to men's looks there are really only three numbers. 1, 2, 3.

The 1's are the butt ugly dudes.
The 2's are average, 80% of men are on this category
The 3's are your Brad Pitts and male models.

That's it. You’re either a 1, a 2, or a 3. I’m a 2 and most likely so are you :D

Interceptor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kerpal, the most important thing you should be looking for is your masculinity level.

Women still turn down good looking guys who are insecure, little boys.

You never know a woman's physical preference/type, but EVERY woman is extremely attracted to a confident , masculine man comfortable in his own skin.
The Qualities and traits of the mature, masculine man are time and time again THE True Factors that turn on her attraction switches that she CANNOT control.

You cannot fake true confidence, self assuredness, and ESPECIALLY emotional strength. THAT emotional strength is ultimately THE deciding factor for her. Either you have it or not. IF you dont have it, you're out of luck.
Believe it.

Corona

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's all subjective. You're likely in some range, depending not only your looks but the standards of individual girls. Perhaps most women will think you're a 7, while others will think you're a 5,6, or 8.

Point is, it doesn't matter that much, depending on your goals with women (read: unless you're trying to sleep only with gorgeous models, which is obviously easier with good looks). As long as a woman shows interest in you, you're good looking enough to sleep with her. I see people get into problems all the time because they think that other people are thinking certain things about them. That's just taking a guess at a guess, which is pointless.

A man should never measure himself by his looks. The next step after thinking that way is eyebrow waxing, tanning salons, hundred-dollar haircuts, and male makeup.

That shit is for women. :down:

Alphamale1821

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well theirs a few ways to find out, i'll use myself as an example. As a child i was always told i had a nice smile but i was rather goofy. IT wasn't until the age of 18 that my eyes were opened and i slowly started to release my potential. Realizing i'm a good looking guy thats not something i worry about, it's generated confidence.

Now knowing that i am good looking it's fun to use your looks just for openers or conversation or to test the waters of escalating the attraction a women has for you. I remember one time i was at a concert and i aksed some chick i was gaming on a scale of 1 to 10 what would you rate me.

She gave me an 8. I asked another girl at a different venue and she said the same thing. Lastly i asked my friends mom who is in the 7 range and she gave me a 9/10(she was drunk and like to hit on me). Also i have put my pic up on hotornot.com and i'm rated a 9.2 and thats by 104 ppl(could be girls and guys:rolleyes:

I also did some modeling for a fashion club at Community college and even started to do some local modeling in Dallas. However REGARDLESS of what anyone else says or thinks about me i consider myself to be a 9 personally so thats all that really matters. Though ultimiatly i strive to be the best and hopefully soon to be getting buff my physique and my own score shall increase.:cool:

All in all i have given you a few methods in which you can find out your score. Why don't you post a pic or myspace so we can what you look like.

Maxtro said:
When it comes to men's looks there are really only three numbers. 1, 2, 3.

The 1's are the butt ugly dudes.
The 2's are average, 80% of men are on this category
The 3's are your Brad Pitts and male models.

That's it. You’re either a 1, a 2, or a 3. I’m a 2 and most likely so are you :D
Lol kinda wish i would have read your post before i posted mine haha a much simpler system. I guess by those standards i'm a 3 :rockon:

To humble myself in this post tho i am good looking i'm in a transitional period right now where i have been slacking off when it comes down to me gaming women. Can't drive my car, no job, cell phone is phucked, and literally just focusing on my core self full heatedly, even when i had IOI's that screamed hey come talk to me(yesterday at the grocery store) not stayin in sync with your game even a guy like me can have off days and AA.

IT all comes down to confidence and the getting over AA. Even with all that BS that is against me the good news is in less then a month i will be at TEXAS TECH UNI(go RED RAIDERS lol) so i'm not really trippin over not talking to these chicks here. Though it's good to stay in practice, but i will have more then enough practice and success in the coming weeks outside of women so it's all good my friend.

[damn 3 edits now i'm done to much rambling]

ElStud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To worry about looks is insecure. You shouldn't be focusing on them.

Touchout

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Kerpal said:
Does anyone else have this problem? I honestly have no idea if I would generally be considered attractive or not.

Sometimes I will look at myself in the mirror and think I look pretty good, and other times (sometimes even on the same day) will think I look like ****.

I never get approached by women, but I also never go out (but I'm working on that).

I would post a picture of myself for critique but I've said a lot of **** about myself on here that I would prefer not everyone know.

I know people are going to say "looks don't matter", etc., but it would at least be nice to have some idea, because I'm honestly totally clueless here.

Exact same problem dude, but unlike some of these guys girls never approach me (maybe because college-age girls generally don't approach guys).

Sad part is that I'm a 9.6 on Hotornot, but I'm still insecure about this. That is something that needs to get handled NOW. I like some of these guys suggestions here, and I especially like the self-confidence oozing from some of these posts.

ElStud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Touchout said:
Exact same problem dude, but unlike some of these guys girls never approach me (maybe because college-age girls generally don't approach guys).

Sad part is that I'm a 9.6 on Hotornot, but I'm still insecure about this. That is something that needs to get handled NOW. I like some of these guys suggestions here, and I especially like the self-confidence oozing from some of these posts.
Dude, it's not the womens job to approach and let me be honest, you're probably only going to get approach if she's really REALLY attracted to you. Most girls even if attracted won't approach, but will give signs. And sometimes it isn't even worth looking for signs, you just got to go in there.

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know women don't usually approach but they do sometimes. And I don't think they ever give me signals, but maybe I'm just not noticing... :confused:

Last edited:

The Inside Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
guys, if youre handsome and outgoing and have put in your time at the gym, women will be less likely to approach because they can get nervous just like AFCs are with approaching beautiful women. But they will be more willing to put themselves out there so you can initiate.