"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

I have no idea how to dance at all

Joined
Jun 9, 2004
Messages
196
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Location
Sunny Isle Beach
I saw that daancing thread but none of those links really help me. How do I feel the music and move to it? I look like a jack ass when I see my self do it? What the hell do i move? Lol Where do I start?
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Sisko

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 17, 2003
Messages
257
Reaction score
1
Belive me that is exactly how I felt a few years back.

My friends even laughed at my dancing skills.
Then I started training Thai Boxing. And it really helped me get my body more in shape, and I could strech it a lot more.
After some 2- 3 months, I even got a few compliments from girls in the lines of "where did you learn to dance like that:)?"

So I suggest you sing up for basketball, football, martial arts training, or anything that will strech your body.
When I am dancing I imagine myself having a sparing, just holding my kicks and punches and it actually looks good.

And there is pratcise ofcourse. The only way you can feel good abuth your dancing is if you have done it before.
So if you are ashaimed of your skills go somewhere where you don't know anybody and just dance to the beat, move every part of your body, practise in front of a mirror, see what looks good.

Well this worked for me, I see no reason why not try it.
 

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 29, 2004
Messages
3,282
Reaction score
49
Location
Baltimore, MD
go to a few dance classes and clubs before hours because they usually offer dance lessons for salsa and such(or so I heard).
 

kevbo

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 27, 2002
Messages
220
Reaction score
0
Location
Utah
put yourself in a dancing situation and ask a real hottie to help ya out. ;) you'd probably be surprised how effective this is. me and my buddy wound up getting help from a couple of hotties at a school stomp once, now they're more than just those really hot girls we see in the hall, they go out of their way to greet us and everything :D
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

MidwestFreek

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 12, 2004
Messages
209
Reaction score
0
Age
37
i totally agree with the hot babe teachin u to dance thing..i almost got my ex to teach me to dance when we were together..but her mom had this rule about always having a friend go..n none of her friends ever wanted to go with when we wanted to dance
 

Supero Masculus

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 12, 2004
Messages
131
Reaction score
0
Location
In reality
I agree with the, "Hot Girl" method. One of my close friend's cousin, really hot girl, wants to teach me how to dance but i'm gonna try to "schedule" and "appiontment" with my hot neighbor so she can teach me first. Two dance lessons wouldn't do me any harm.
 
Top