Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

"I have a boyfriend"

nibun

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by VeryBadGirl:
Oh my God, some guy tried to use this one on me last night!

So, do you really (have a bf)? And did it work? =)

How are you guys posting the emoti-cons anyway? It's not working for me.

VeryBadGirl

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, I really do have a BF. It didn't work for him since I replied: "Really, that's funny, since I would like it much better if he were there and you were not."

He said "Oh" and left. I was cracking up.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, it was me. Look what you missed out on.

Heh, guys, the funny thing is that I would never WANT to date a girl that already had a "boyfriend" or some guy she was regularly seeing. Girls have to ditch the guy she's with if she wants a chance with me. But these things are fun to say anyway.

ESPN

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Really, that's funny, since I would like it much better if he were there and you were not."

Possibles comebacks of comebacks

Why? Do you like gay people?

Right then, but have you ever heard about "good taste"?

It there anyway, l could be your boyfriend?
"No"
Great, l dont date lesbians anyway.

But he is not here, so treat me well and maybe l help you dumping he

Whats wrong in not being a dumb guy?

I not even know you, and you calling me as 'boyfriend', cummon, stop being so picky

For godsakes stop, you making me horny

ESPN

[This message has been edited by ESPN (edited 03-05-2002).]

xniceguy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
VeryBadGirl,

You mentioned you were in politics - does this mean you're in DC? I'm a recent transplant and looking for cool places to hang out/get my mack on.

ESPN

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But, why waste your time with talking to a girl with a BF? There are plenty out there who are single...
Cause l am in love with you, please give me a chance.

xniceguy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh yeah -

"I have a boyfriend" - don't bother.

"I'm seeing someone" - potential. Up the Jerky quotient.

So someone with a "boyfriend", yeah, I wouldn't bother. But anything less is potentially ambigous.

VeryBadGirl

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea, a DC newbie! How do you like it so far? The best place to hang out is in Adams Morgan. I live there and it is great to be just a few blocks away from tons of bars and restaurants.

There are a few kinds of places there. Many of the bars cater to a college/post-college typical crowd. You know all those packs of girls who wear the same exact outfit as all their friends and all have the exact same hairstyle? If you want to meet them - I usually find some *b*tchy or boring but many are pretty hot - then you should go to Crush or Heaven on 18th St. Cheesy but great for macking.

Some more chill bars (which I prefer) are Millie and Al's and Toledo Lounge. Also, for pool, I like Bedrock Billiards, (on Columbia Ave) but if you want to score some coke or other drugs, you go to Kokopoulis for pool. (All on 18th Street)

A "hipper" bar with a great mood for a date is Chi-Cha's on U street. Good wine and atmosphere. Another cool, "hip" place on 18th is the Rendezvous Lounge.

If you like the club scene, The Nation in the southeast is the place to go. I was there this weekend. There was so much macking going on at that place - I was glad my BF was there to keep guys away. There is also a new club called Dream that I haven't been to yet. I've heard mixed reviews from others.

For the cheapest beer (dive) the place to go is the Common Share on 18th -always packed. If you want REALLY drunk girls, Dan's Cafe on 18th is the place to go. They don't mix the drinks for you, they just give you a bottle of liquor and some pepsi to do what you will with. That's always packed too.

A lot of people in DC have placed that they go to all the time, so you will probably start seeing regulars if you go often enough.

[This message has been edited by VeryBadGirl (edited 03-05-2002).]

xniceguy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips.

If I see you I'll give you the secret handshake. You do know that, don't you?

And DC's OK, but it's no SF.

G

Gideon

But, why waste your time with talking to a girl with a BF? There are plenty out there who are single...
Just say "Oh?...That's O.K. He's
not invited!"

Atratus

Don Juan
Reaction score
"Yeah well, nobody's perfect. So how about..."

Imbrondir

Don Juan
Reaction score
her: "I have a boyfriend"

You: "Great, so do I. And do you know what he said before i went out tonight. Imbrondir, if you meet somebody you find exciting, I won't stand in your way. Don't you just love his open attitude? ;-).
(Credit - Style - mASF)

You: "Cool, when's the wedding"
(as MOTU said earlier this thread)

You: "Does your boyfriend deny you making new friends?"
(Some dude in the DJ-bible)

You: "That's sad <pause> FOR YOU ;)!"
(Some dude in DeAngelo's newsletter)

If you haven't really shown any real interest, this is gold:
You: "I'm sure this is a great accomplishment for you, but for the rest of this world we usually don't spread this info to every stranger we meet"
(I love DeAngelo's newsletter :))

k_hectic

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by VeryBadGirl
Because, while you were sincere about it, a lot of women do it to test how serious a man is in pursuing them.

I learned that when a lady told me she was with her husband, then saw her later dirty dancing with 3 different guys and leaving with one of them.

The next time a girl told me she had a boyfriend, I asked her "where is he?", "what is he doing?", etc... And, then continued talking about other subjects as if I wasn't intimidated at all. But every now and then, I would bother her with something like "you know, your boyfriend must be out with another lady by now", "you know, it's cool you're giving your boyfriend space, that's how I like my woman to be". She just laughs or give me the "Shocked church lady" look. Priceless. :D

jaysgt

Don Juan
Reaction score
this took place last fri night. At upscale bar tavern. i kept the convo flirty. threw some c/f things in when they felt right. i started the kino she took and ran with it kept accentdently rubbing her boobs on my back. i asked if she was trying to knock me off the stoole she said yeah. so i replied with well if u want to get me on the ground just ask. any way as i was leaving i asked for her number.
HER: i have a B/F
ME: Really I have two G/F you better catch up
HER: oh my god (look on her face was the shyt)
ME: well hes not the jealus type is he
HER: yeah he is i hate it
ME: well see why you need a man like that.
HER: yeah i know
ME: hey you were gonna write your number
HER: here you go yes its the real number! (i made sure)

is it a test sometimes i think it is sometimes not. you just have to judge.

MVPlaya

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thank You, Men's Health

I read this one in Men's Health (in Nicole Beland's Ask the Girl Next Door section).

"Hey, if you ever dump your boyfriend, give me a call / look me up." If said with friendliness and confidence (+ the right amount of ****iness) it will do miracles for you. I have used it on one taken girl in a class of mine I was trying to game for a while (but stopped because the b/f thing was too much of an obstacle for me); however, on the last day of class, as people were saying their goodbyes, I walked over to her, smiled, said the-above-line, and left...

2 months later she called to schedule a date with me.

MVPlaya

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
VeryBadGirl - GIve A Little More Info

Originally posted by VeryBadGirl
VeryBadGirl:
1) Did it work?
2) Did you call him on it after reading the line here?

Jae Em

Reaction score
Oops, i already posted this in the tips section. sorry, i'm new to boards, leave me alone.

Ever meet a really hot girl in a bar and within minutes of chatting, she throws in "i have a boyfriend", or "my boyfriend says..."? They automatically assume we're hitting on them (OK. we are..). Women have to let us know that they are in demand.

Thats fine.

i like to beat them to the punch.

When i meet a girl and start chit-chat, i try to slip into the conversation, "my girlfriend always says...", or if i'm sitting with a friend and a hot girl is in ear shot, i'll talk about my 'girlfriend' and my friends will play along and keep the charade going about how did i ever land such a young, beautiful, nice girl like her, she's truly one in a million. Your the luckiest guy on earth, etc (i'm single by the way).

Woman perk right up when hearing this. Maybe because it's their own material being used on them, or they want the guy another girl already has, or they want what they think they cant have, etc. Sometimes i'll flirt/compliment them in the same sentence with the 'girlfriend' line.
"You look at me the same way my girlfriend does... it was the 1st thing that attracted me to her", something like that. confuses the HELL out of them, and at the same time intrigues them.

Every little bit helps.