"The Kiss of Death Mistake"

You replay the conversation at 2 a.m. She texted back fast yesterday. Today, nothing. Was that smile friendly or flirty? What did the shoulder touch mean?

Every hour you spend decoding her signals drains your confidence and hands her the controls. Women can sense that insecurity from across the room — and it repels them.

One of the "22 Rules" kills the obsession on the spot: assume she likes you, and act accordingly. Sounds too simple. Works anyway.

Her interest tends to rise to meet your expectations. Psychologists call it a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Read more...

i find it weird that people have energy to be extraverted and active

sosousage

Banned
Joined
Aug 22, 2017
Messages
3,547
Reaction score
1,219
Age
36
i see this each day even now i hear some guys behind my window talking about some meaningless fluff and they even do it enthusiastically


and women.. all women have this kind of energy, its like almost all women are extrovert
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 27, 2017
Messages
4,076
Reaction score
1,710
Age
29
Women live in the social realm as they say or something like that lol
 

Serenity

Moderator
Joined
Aug 19, 2013
Messages
5,149
Reaction score
5,055
Age
35
Location
Eye of the storm
Extroverts feel more energized when being social, that's what makes then extroverts. Introverts feel more drained when being social.

What they were talking about was meaningless to you, not to them. What gives meaning is highly subjective. It appears to be a very hard concept to grasp for many people as they're incapable of seeing beyond themselves, but this is the way it is.
 

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 27, 2017
Messages
4,076
Reaction score
1,710
Age
29
Extroverts feel more energized when being social, that's what makes then extroverts. Introverts feel more drained when being social.

What they were talking about was meaningless to you, not to them. What gives meaning is highly subjective. It appears to be a very hard concept to grasp for many people as they're incapable of seeing beyond themselves, but this is the way it is.
I think that's the best definition of introversion vs extroversion. That makes me an introvert, who has a capacity to be extroverted.
 

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 10, 2020
Messages
3,129
Reaction score
3,626
Location
US
Extroverts feel more energized when being social, that's what makes then extroverts. Introverts feel more drained when being social.

What they were talking about was meaningless to you, not to them. What gives meaning is highly subjective. It appears to be a very hard concept to grasp for many people as they're incapable of seeing beyond themselves, but this is the way it is.
The reality though is that most peoples conversations truly are meaningless, talking about sports for instance serves no purpose whatsoever.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Visionist

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 27, 2016
Messages
837
Reaction score
876
Age
38
I think that's the best definition of introversion vs extroversion. That makes me an introvert, who has a capacity to be extroverted.
An ambivert. I'm an ambivert as well. I make no effort to get together with "the group" but when I do everybody says I'm super social.

Mine is simple laziness.
 

HyenaPrince

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 27, 2020
Messages
579
Reaction score
815
You're never moving in one dimension of a personality trait. I admit, it's very hard for introverts to adopt extrovert characteristics. But sometimes you just have to. For example for work or social gatherings that can't be avoided. If it is done on a regular basis, it becomes a habit.

I know some introverts that developed some extrovert tendencies over the years.

Furthermore, it's important to have some kind of fluff or topics to bond over or to let off steam, even if they're not directly connected to your survival or career path.
 

sosousage

Banned
Joined
Aug 22, 2017
Messages
3,547
Reaction score
1,219
Age
36
You're never moving in one dimension of a personality trait. I admit, it's very hard for introverts to adopt extrovert characteristics. But sometimes you just have to. For example for work or social gatherings that can't be avoided. If it is done on a regular basis, it becomes a habit.

I know some introverts that developed some extrovert tendencies over the years.

Furthermore, it's important to have some kind of fluff or topics to bond over or to let off steam, even if they're not directly connected to your survival or career path.
WHY introverts were created?
 

zekko

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 6, 2009
Messages
16,749
Reaction score
9,946
Extroverts feel more energized when being social, that's what makes then extroverts. Introverts feel more drained when being social.
That's the real advantage extroverts have when it comes to being social. Many introverts have great social skills, but they can't match that energy that extroverts get when socializing, it's like they are literally feeding on the interaction. Meanwhile, an introvert will slowly become drained in an extended interaction.

Of course introverts have the advantage in other situations, like working on solitary projects. They can do so without being drained of energy and without the distraction of needing to socialize. I used to work with this one gentleman who was an extreme extrovert, and if no one came to talk to him you could see him becoming more and more frustrated.

WHY introverts were created?
I bet most great scientific advances were made by introverts, for the reasons listed above.
 

HyenaPrince

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 27, 2020
Messages
579
Reaction score
815
WHY introverts were created?
I don't exactly know why people become introverts. However, I have to say that I firmly believe that genetics only influence your behavior to a certain extent; I believe it's about 20 percent. Could be more though.

So the nurture part is way more crucial. The way we were raised by our parents, school and also our peers, results in our present personalities. Not only does your brain influence your behavior in the external world, but the world also influences your brain. I would say it all comes down to dopamine. Dopamine boosts make you happier and increase your willingness for social interactions and activities.
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

sosousage

Banned
Joined
Aug 22, 2017
Messages
3,547
Reaction score
1,219
Age
36
That's the real advantage extroverts have when it comes to being social. Many introverts have great social skills, but they can't match that energy that extroverts get when socializing, it's like they are literally feeding on the interaction. Meanwhile, an introvert will slowly become drained in an extended interaction.

Of course introverts have the advantage in other situations, like working on solitary projects. They can do so without being drained of energy and without the distraction of needing to socialize. I used to work with this one gentleman who was an extreme extrovert, and if no one came to talk to him you could see him becoming more and more frustrated.


I bet most great scientific advances were made by introverts, for the reasons listed above.
true but they were beaten by chad

I don't exactly know why people become introverts. However, I have to say that I firmly believe that genetics only influence your behavior to a certain extent; I believe it's about 20 percent. Could be more though.

So the nurture part is way more crucial. The way we were raised by our parents, school and also our peers, results in our present personalities. Not only does your brain influence your behavior in the external world, but the world also influences your brain. I would say it all comes down to dopamine. Dopamine boosts make you happier and increase your willingness for social interactions and activities.
true my friends wonder how can I enjoy coding its so boring to them but creating things this way actually gives me dopamine
 

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 22, 2007
Messages
8,391
Reaction score
5,135
Location
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Of course introverts have the advantage in other situations, like working on solitary projects. They can do so without being drained of energy and without the distraction of needing to socialize. I used to work with this one gentleman who was an extreme extrovert, and if no one came to talk to him you could see him becoming more and more frustrated.
When I’m trying to work on a solitary project (either for work or myself), extroverted family members and friends are usually blowing up my phone lol.
 

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 22, 2007
Messages
8,391
Reaction score
5,135
Location
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Introverts can go long periods or time without any interactions socially.

Extroverts cannot.
Thats as simple a definition as i needed to understand.
I have a buddy that says he could live in a cabin alone and be a hermit. I dont believe him.
I'm an introvert (as everybody here knows by now). My dad is an extrovert. I explained it to him this way...

"For us introverts, our own brains can provide nearly 24/7 entertainment for us."

I'm not immune to loneliness, but I have an extremely high tolerance for it.

With the 24/7 entertainment upstairs from thinking and analyzing everything, I can safely say that I am immune to boredom.
 
Last edited:

Hal9000

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 2, 2019
Messages
876
Reaction score
1,275
Nothing turns an introvert into an extrovert like a couple of drinks. That's one reason so many people drink in social settings.
 

sosousage

Banned
Joined
Aug 22, 2017
Messages
3,547
Reaction score
1,219
Age
36
I'm an introvert (as everybody here knows by now). My dad is an extrovert. I explained it to him this way...

"For us introverts, our own brains can provide nearly 24/7 entertainment for us."

I'm not immune to loneliness, but I have an extremely high tolerance for it.

With the 24/7 entertainment upstairs from thinking and analyzing everything, I can safely say that I am immune to boredom.
exactly

extroverts r like if theyre alone then they dont know what to do with themselves
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 10, 2020
Messages
4,210
Reaction score
4,701
Age
46
I wonder if it actually has more to do with the kind of people you hang out with. I find it extremely draining to hang out with people that want to talk about subjects that I have absolutely no interest in and large groups where everyone is shouting over each other to get heard, but I can enjoy talking one on one about subjects I am interested in. I also find I need a certain amount of alone time each day or I start to get annoyed - not necessarily completely alone, but without anyone talking at me or interrupting my thoughts.
 

Serenity

Moderator
Joined
Aug 19, 2013
Messages
5,149
Reaction score
5,055
Age
35
Location
Eye of the storm
I think that's the best definition of introversion vs extroversion. That makes me an introvert, who has a capacity to be extroverted.
An ambivert. I'm an ambivert as well. I make no effort to get together with "the group" but when I do everybody says I'm super social.

Mine is simple laziness.
Correct, introversion and extroversion isn't binary, neither is any other personality traits. It's a spectrum and being somewhere in the middle is more common than the extremes.

I too feel drained in some settings with many people, while in others I never want it to end. In general I don't need attention from everyone around me, but I usually don't mind it either and sometimes I like it while other times I may want to retreat.

I'm not trying to be more or less extrovert, I just do what I feel like at any given moment. I feel no shame occasionally sitting in a corner and not trying to engage anyone in conversation. I guess that's harder for those who are heavily on the introverted side of the scale though, because of the social expectations.
 

Visionist

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 27, 2016
Messages
837
Reaction score
876
Age
38
I was just out walking in town, lotta HBs about. Hardly any face masks.

Anyway I was wearing all black, black sneakers, long black ankle length shorts and plain black T shirt, no logos.

And I felt insignificant. I'm used to dressing loudly, and I walk with a swagger when I do. Today I practically slumped. Not quite but you get the idea. I felt really uncomfortable and underdressed.

Is this introverted thinking? I reckon it's the opposite. And yet I'm a highly asocial person...
 

HyenaPrince

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 27, 2020
Messages
579
Reaction score
815
I was just out walking in town, lotta HBs about. Hardly any face masks.

Anyway I was wearing all black, black sneakers, long black ankle length shorts and plain black T shirt, no logos.

And I felt insignificant. I'm used to dressing loudly, and I walk with a swagger when I do. Today I practically slumped. Not quite but you get the idea. I felt really uncomfortable and underdressed.

Is this introverted thinking? I reckon it's the opposite. And yet I'm a highly asocial person...
It's neither of those. If I remember correctly you like it to wear colorful and shiny clothes to stand out. That means it's a part of your personality. You ascribe power to your clothes. It's completely normal. You set great store on dressing well.
 

Visionist

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 27, 2016
Messages
837
Reaction score
876
Age
38
I guess that's it. I wasn't planning on being in town or I'd have worn something super aggressive. Like this shirt themed after a rollercoaster about psychopathy.

gptr,1400x,front,black-c,313,133,750,1000-bg,f8f8f8.jpg

It's definitely a cope whilst I'm still so overweight. @stormrider would have a field day dissecting this one, ha ha ha.

Especially now that I'm still in my weight loss phase and can't dress "smart" in a fitted shirt without looking ridiculous with my big gut, I instead wear super oversized T shirts and tell everybody it's "hip hop".
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Top